Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - GameStop Madden Mondays: Gameplay Part 1

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - GameStop Madden Mondays: Gameplay Part 1 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2014, 03:37 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 15 Video - GameStop Madden Mondays: Gameplay Part 1

Learn how to use the new Tackle Call, giving you visual guide on the range of your tackles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzz1fQF3Bh8
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2014, 03:39 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - GameStop Madden Mondays: Gameplay Part 1

This has to be about the 10th video on this
Old 08-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #3
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Can someone tell me the risk of going for a power/hit stick tackle in M15?

In the past I believe there was a chance of a whiff or something but with tackles now being far more automated, which I'm fine with, there needs to be some kind of risk/reward for going for more violent hits. Without the risk, it makes the most sense to just always go for the hard hit to get a fumble than be conservative. A higher chance of missing the tackle is not even enough risk, imo, there needs to be an increased chance of injury or at least a huge impact on fatigue and and increase chance of penalty.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #4
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Can someone tell me the risk of going for a power/hit stick tackle in M15?

In the past I believe there was a chance of a whiff or something but with tackles now being far more automated, which I'm fine with, there needs to be some kind of risk/reward for going for more violent hits. Without the risk, it makes the most sense to just always go for the hard hit to get a fumble than be conservative. A higher chance of missing the tackle is not even enough risk, imo, there needs to be an increased chance of injury or at least a huge impact on fatigue and and increase chance of penalty.
There's no risk at all doing it. Rex Grossman hits just as hard as Laron Landry coming full speed. NCAA 14 had it toned down a lot. I don't mind big hits hate that's the only way people know how to tackle. Madden is on more upgrade to the hit stick to being Blitz 2.0 IMHO.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:03 PM   #5
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Was hoping for a better video. Nothing new in the video that we haven't heard or seen before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I've noticed a lot of new names recently, so, maybe they haven't seen it?

Anyway, the visual won't be on when I'm playing.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #7
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
A higher chance of missing the tackle is not even enough risk, imo, there needs to be an increased chance of injury or at least a huge impact on fatigue and and increase chance of penalty.
Amen

Just as the efficacy of a ball-carriers moves can regress under fatigue and fumble chances can increase: so should the defense face penalty stress factors that are imposed upon their aggressive style of play.

There is a fine line here but I would like to see the aggressive tackles become more tactical and less prevalent - allow for a momentus factor that gives a team defense a motivation when a big hit is cleanly performed.

The basis is the risk : reward systen and I favor your sentiments here on how it can be tweaked.

We are catered too much giant successes and should see more little, subtle success that build into big gains - that way a big play actually reflects the rarity in its chances of even happening and makes the experience more genuine from a simulation standpoint.

It is a wham-bahm culture of gaming within Madden and it would be a culture shock to see the subtleties of the sport standout more prominently than the loud, obvious details.

The depth this new culture of gaming in Madden would add for consumer value would be welcomed - a 2:1 would be a good start but ultimately I would like to see atleast 3:1 in respect to the appearance of subtle, long effort, sound details in contrast to obvious, short and spectacular details.

I don't think the casual gamer is so dead to football that he needs the prevalence of big hits to serve as a circumvention for his short attention span to the subtle nuances of the game.

The small "i" that Apple uses is subtle but powerful.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 08-04-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Amen

Just as the efficacy of a ball-carriers moves can regress under fatigue and fumble chances can increase: so should the defense face penalty stress factors that are imposed upon their aggressive style of play.

There is a fine line here but I would like to see the aggressive tackles become more tactical and less prevalent - allow for a momentus factor that gives a team defense a motivation when a big hit is cleanly performed.

The basis is the risk : reward systen and I favor your sentiments here on how it can be tweaked.

We are catered too much giant successes and should see more little, subtle success that build into big gains - that way a big play actually reflects the rarity in its chances of even happening and makes the experience more genuine from a simulation standpoint.

It is a wham-bahm culture of gaming within Madden and it would be a culture shock to see the subtleties if the sport standout more prominently than the loud, obvious details.

The depth this new culture of gaming in Madden would add for consumer value would be welcomed - a 2:1 would be a good start but ultimately I would like to see atleast 3:1 in respect to the appearance of subtle, long effort, sound details in contrast to obvious, short and spectacular details.

I don't think the casual gamer is so dead to football that he needs the prevalence of big hits to serve as a circumvention for his short attention span to the subtle nuances of the game.

The small "i" that Apple uses is subtle but powerful.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Agreed. For example, 3rd and 22 in Madden needs to really resemble the difficulty of 3rd and 22. Currently, no one fears 3rd and 22, because they know they can throw a deep corner or out route and pick up the first down... Or maybe throw it into triple coverage to that 6'6" TE. 3rd and 22 isn't impossible to convert, but VERY VERY unlikely. Yet, in Madden, you will see these converted frequently in competitive play, even with proper defensive calls. Nothing is scripted, but earning a big gain needs to be fairly represented in the game like you said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »