Home

may need a draft guide sooner

This is a discussion on may need a draft guide sooner within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 01:15 AM   #9
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: may need a draft guide sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by heime2003
developers are idiots
they think players can draft well by logic and strategic scouting but even all my effort and careful thinkings, many of my draftees( who i thought was good) turned out to be busts or useless players to my team
If this is tongue in cheek, I tip my hat to you sir.

If you are serious, may (comment removed as it violates the TOS and I am pretty sure it counts as a felony).
Old 08-06-2014, 03:26 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

I don't have a problem with draft guides, the problem I DO have is the amount of points they give you compared to the amount of points it takes to scout a single player!
This game NEEDS a Draft COMBINE in the worst way.
There are so many attributes that any person watching the NFL network can tell you about someone that shouldn't require using "POINTS"
"Oh, so and so just ran a 4.32 40!!" See how many points did I use to figure that out? None! I'm a regular Joe watching the combine on tv!!
"Oh, Jim Bob just did 225 for 32 reps!" How many points did it take for me to see how strong Jim Bob was?......NONE!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:31 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 8

One of the things that I really liked about playing in an NCAA online dynasty was the recruiting and how you could see how many points/how interested another team was in recruiting a player that you had on your recruiting list.

It would he cool to see scouting points being used by other teams to give you an idea of how interested teams are in players similar to how in real life teams attend pro days and bring guy in for private workouts. That could be wrinkled into several cool aspects of scouting during the season and combine/pre draft that would make it more immersive and fun/challenging. Maybe a certain set of attributes could be unlocked during the season, then physical attributes at the combine, then the remaining at pro days and you'd have to use scouting points towards in-season and pro days that everyone could see that you've used.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 10:47 AM   #12
Rookie

Alter Eg0's Arena

Dag atleast wait until the games comes out. Who knows how the draft is going to be.I don't like draft guides because in CC it gives people advantage over other people.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:56 AM   #13
Banned

DSThom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by heime2003
developers are idiots
they think players can draft well by logic and strategic scouting but even all my effort and careful thinkings, many of my draftees( who i thought was good) turned out to be busts or useless players to my team
Did you ever work for the Detroit Lions?
Old 08-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #14
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSThom
Did you ever work for the Detroit Lions?
I like to follow the Matt Millen draft guide myself, take nothing but WR's in the 1st round every single year regardless of talent level. I mean eventually you wind up with a Calvin Johnson!
Old 08-06-2014, 12:07 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

oh how a combine would be amazing!

I usually spend a bit more and do OVR for my needy positions and then if I like what I see - I do speed and other attributes that relate to their position best
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #16
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkjoey
oh how a combine would be amazing!

I usually spend a bit more and do OVR for my needy positions and then if I like what I see - I do speed and other attributes that relate to their position best
I stay away from OVR myself makes it to easy to draft. I actually only scout minor stats to make it somewhat lifelike. Usually get a good mix of studs and busts.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »