Home

may need a draft guide sooner

This is a discussion on may need a draft guide sooner within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 11:21 AM   #17
Banned

DSThom's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: may need a draft guide sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkjoey
oh how a combine would be amazing!

I usually spend a bit more and do OVR for my needy positions and then if I like what I see - I do speed and other attributes that relate to their position best
I've probably played more seasons of HC09 than just about anyone (except for a guy in Arizona who was banned at least four times from these forums); it has a combine, which I always skip over (because if you draft based on combine numbers you'll have mostly busts).
Old 08-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #18
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
One of the things that I really liked about playing in an NCAA online dynasty was the recruiting and how you could see how many points/how interested another team was in recruiting a player that you had on your recruiting list.

It would he cool to see scouting points being used by other teams to give you an idea of how interested teams are in players similar to how in real life teams attend pro days and bring guy in for private workouts. That could be wrinkled into several cool aspects of scouting during the season and combine/pre draft that would make it more immersive and fun/challenging. Maybe a certain set of attributes could be unlocked during the season, then physical attributes at the combine, then the remaining at pro days and you'd have to use scouting points towards in-season and pro days that everyone could see that you've used.
If that was in Madden's Free Agency you would have to have certain factors that each player would care about more, or less.

Length of Contract
Amount of Guaranteed
Proximity to Hometown
Coach Prestige
Team History
City Prestige/Market Size
Fan Appreciation
Weather/Dome
Scheme
Loyalty (May take a home team discount for the team that drafted him)

Each team would have these grades between F-A or Very Poor to Excellent. Each player would have a slider on how important each category is to him. Examples:

Green Bay, New England would have high history, coach prestige, may be able to attract certain players that really care about that, where they may not want to go to Jacksonville or Miami if the weather doesn't matter as much.

Or you have a player that's been offered a contract by New Orleans, San Fran, and Carolina, maybe the player really wants to play in a Dome, and he has a max slider on wanting to play in a Dome, and may take a paycut to play for the Saints.

Maybe you have a player who has a chance to win a Superbowl at the end of his career, and takes a massive paycut to play with the Broncos, who offered almost half the salary than the Browns, Buccs, and Rams, to try to win a Superbowl.

The same could go for a player who is just hitting his prime, and he's offered a CRAZY contract for 6 years 100 Million to the Jags, and he hops on it for only the money. . . that would absolutely fix the Free Agency in this game (of course after making player ratings matter or getting rid of numbers and just doing a Very Poor to Excellent on said ratings) it would make certain players unobtainable to certain cities, it would add a personality factor to each player, and would add some intensity in the off-season.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #19
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
If that was in Madden's Free Agency you would have to have certain factors that each player would care about more, or less.

Length of Contract
Amount of Guaranteed
Proximity to Hometown
Coach Prestige
Team History
City Prestige/Market Size
Fan Appreciation
Weather/Dome
Scheme
Loyalty (May take a home team discount for the team that drafted him)

Each team would have these grades between F-A or Very Poor to Excellent. Each player would have a slider on how important each category is to him. Examples:

Green Bay, New England would have high history, coach prestige, may be able to attract certain players that really care about that, where they may not want to go to Jacksonville or Miami if the weather doesn't matter as much.

Or you have a player that's been offered a contract by New Orleans, San Fran, and Carolina, maybe the player really wants to play in a Dome, and he has a max slider on wanting to play in a Dome, and may take a paycut to play for the Saints.

Maybe you have a player who has a chance to win a Superbowl at the end of his career, and takes a massive paycut to play with the Broncos, who offered almost half the salary than the Browns, Buccs, and Rams, to try to win a Superbowl.

The same could go for a player who is just hitting his prime, and he's offered a CRAZY contract for 6 years 100 Million to the Jags, and he hops on it for only the money. . . that would absolutely fix the Free Agency in this game (of course after making player ratings matter or getting rid of numbers and just doing a Very Poor to Excellent on said ratings) it would make certain players unobtainable to certain cities, it would add a personality factor to each player, and would add some intensity in the off-season.
This would add a cool addition to the game but in the real NFL it's all about the money for the majority of the players. Any team will become their new favorite place to play if the money is right.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #20
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Now that it's confirmed that all classes are random, this topic is pretty much done other than the info given above on what ratings to focus on per draftee.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-06-2014, 12:46 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1
may need a draft guide sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by heime2003
developers are idiots
they think players can draft well by logic and strategic scouting but even all my effort and careful thinkings, many of my draftees( who i thought was good) turned out to be busts or useless players to my team

That's odd, I don't have any issues getting decent players. You must not be scouting the right ratings. If you just try to breeze through it, you're not going to get any good players. So happy those draft guides are thing of the past!

Go Blue - Go Cavs - Go Tribe - Go Steelers

360 GT: tharooseisloose

Last edited by hotsauceme; 08-06-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 01:01 PM   #22
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
This would add a cool addition to the game but in the real NFL it's all about the money for the majority of the players. Any team will become their new favorite place to play if the money is right.
If it is all about money, we could still have a money slider, that is still very important to most players, but still factor in the rest of the factors and see which fits the most in terms of money, and satisfaction.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #23
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
If it is all about money, we could still have a money slider, that is still very important to most players, but still factor in the rest of the factors and see which fits the most in terms of money, and satisfaction.
Looks like they added all that stuff this year and free agents will decide based on a number of factors.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:31 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by heime2003
every year i get frustrated by lack of clue how to draft well and build franchise team
this year i think its not exception so i have to rely on someone's experience and his guide not to go trial-and-error process to build my team
hope someone write a draft guide faster this year than previous years
Agreed, which is why I started a kickstarter hoping to get help to get it done as quick as I can.

google or search kickstarter for: lotusfather's Madden 15 Draft Guide Fund

Last edited by lotusfather; 08-06-2014 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Didn't mean to post the link earlier.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »