Home

may need a draft guide sooner

This is a discussion on may need a draft guide sooner within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Game of the Year 2021: Forza Horizon 5
Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back
Best Franchise Mode in 2021: NBA 2K22
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2012
may need a draft guide sooner

every year i get frustrated by lack of clue how to draft well and build franchise team
this year i think its not exception so i have to rely on someone's experience and his guide not to go trial-and-error process to build my team
hope someone write a draft guide faster this year than previous years
heime2003 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Re: may need a draft guide sooner

I think draft guides will be a thing of the past. At least I hope they are. I think one of the devs mentioned they are gone
__________________
Just live. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be.


Go Blue - Go Cavs - Go Tribe - Go Steelers


360 GT: tharooseisloose
hotsauceme is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 07:04 PM   #3
Pro
 
BreakingBad2013's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2013
Blog Entries: 2
Re: may need a draft guide sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by heime2003
every year i get frustrated by lack of clue how to draft well and build franchise team
this year i think its not exception so i have to rely on someone's experience and his guide not to go trial-and-error process to build my team
hope someone write a draft guide faster this year than previous years
Just use your scouting points on the draftees, normally you can cheat by only unlocking awareness, but you can normally scout certain positions ratings to get a general outlook. These are the minimum requirements for my draftees. Some of these you will find guys in round 4-6.

QB: (A) THP, (B) on all Accuracy
HB: (B) on Carry, Trk or Elu, (A) Speed
WR: (A) at Speed, (B) CTH, CIT, RTE
OL: (B) IMP, RBK, PBK
DL: (B) on PMV, FMV, BSH
LB: (B) at Tackle, HPW, and Speed.
DB: (B) Press, MCV, ZCV and A Speed. (Check HPW/Tackle for Safeties)
K/P: (A) KPW

Thats my guide at least.
BreakingBad2013 is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #4
@HoundsOfHowl
 
HoundsOfHowl's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 740
Blog Entries: 3
Re: may need a draft guide sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Just use your scouting points on the draftees, normally you can cheat by only unlocking awareness, but you can normally scout certain positions ratings to get a general outlook. These are the minimum requirements for my draftees. Some of these you will find guys in round 4-6.

QB: (A) THP, (B) on all Accuracy
HB: (B) on Carry, Trk or Elu, (A) Speed
WR: (A) at Speed, (B) CTH, CIT, RTE
OL: (B) IMP, RBK, PBK
DL: (B) on PMV, FMV, BSH
LB: (B) at Tackle, HPW, and Speed.
DB: (B) Press, MCV, ZCV and A Speed. (Check HPW/Tackle for Safeties)
K/P: (A) KPW

Thats my guide at least.
I do well on my drafts by using that as my basis for all those positions. Then extra points goes towards other stats and info such as scheme and play style
HoundsOfHowl is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #5
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2012
Re: may need a draft guide sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauceme
I think draft guides will be a thing of the past. At least I hope they are. I think one of the devs mentioned they are gone
developers are idiots
they think players can draft well by logic and strategic scouting but even all my effort and careful thinkings, many of my draftees( who i thought was good) turned out to be busts or useless players to my team
heime2003 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 07:17 PM   #6
Pro
 
BreakingBad2013's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2013
Blog Entries: 2
Re: may need a draft guide sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBleedOrange247
I do well on my drafts by using that as my basis for all those positions. Then extra points goes towards other stats and info such as scheme and play style
If I have any extra points, I use them on speed to unlock that actual rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heime2003
developers are idiots
they think players can draft well by logic and strategic scouting but even all my effort and careful thinkings, many of my draftees( who i thought was good) turned out to be busts or useless players to my team
The best way to set up draft scouting would be to only base scouts off of stats, combine, pro-day, measurables, and if you could "send" scouts to watch a player's college game, and bring back a report. And certain teams could hire better or worse scouts depending on how much they want to pay, and the better ones will be more accurate in their analysis, and worse would throw you off.

This would of course have to come with the addition of Hiring and Firing assistant coaches as well.

Last edited by BreakingBad2013; 08-06-2014 at 12:41 PM.
BreakingBad2013 is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #7
MVP
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Feb 2013
Re: may need a draft guide sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauceme
I think draft guides will be a thing of the past. At least I hope they are. I think one of the devs mentioned they are gone
No dev has mentioned anything about draft guides or really anything CFM for that matter. And how would they be gone unless each draft class was completely randomized and not a set class like it has been for the past at least 5 years? People write the draft guides and post them online for others to read, there is no way for the devs to stop people from doing that.
michiganfan8620 is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 10:31 PM   #8
Rookie
 
Richuation's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: May 2010
Re: may need a draft guide sooner

How do i get these two minutes of my life back?
Richuation is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 AM.

Top -