Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2014, 12:11 PM   #17
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Connected Franchise Deep Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
That was one of my favorite parts, as well.

Overall most of the stuff looks pretty good, but I didn't see anything about editing draft picks which was what I wanted the most. Hopefully, it's in and they just didn't mention it... Hell, who am I kidding? They obviously would have said something about it. At this point I'm holding out hope that editing is something they can patch in like when the patched it in a few years ago. If not, that's really disappointing for the longevity of the mode.... especially since there is no NCAA to pull draft classes from this year.
As much as I would love to be able to edit draft classes it is much better that they are now completely random instead of the same ones over and over again. Hopefully they toned down all the non FBS schools appearing.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:11 PM   #18
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8

This is straight fire. Exactly what I was hoping for. Knew it wouldn't be crazy but a lot of changes I Like. I'm actually excited as hell to relocate teams after seeing that one set of uni's. Reminds me of the WVU ones kinda and is a lot better than last years
Old 08-06-2014, 12:12 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc21045
Am I reading it right that game prep will be limited to a few players a week rather than the whole team?
That's what I got out of it....

Love the fact that CPU logic has been improved how the bad teams focus on development and contenders for confidence that's great to see. And it's about time they switch up their uniforms!!! I'm excited what I have read let's just hope the final product is as good!

NFL- BUCCS
NBA- MAGIC
NCCAF- FLA
AFGHANISTAN "2011-12" WAR VET

Redzone League
Cleveland Browns
Season 3 (7-9)
Season 4 (1-0)

Jacksonville Jaguars
Season 6 (0-0)
Old 08-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #20
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ

sheesh can sim up to 10 years
10 years would be interesting just to see who is still in the league. Love the new sim feature though as I always sim the first year and take over the worst team. Used to take near 2 hours to do that before.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #21
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

For user controlled teams, are we going to be forced to game prep/practice? If so, I'm down for for that. I'd rather skip it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #22
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Bad news first, things I don't see mentioned:

- no custom draft classes
- no practice squad

Good news - draft classes are now randomized, and prospects are no longer explicitly tied to story lines. Maybe we get draft class editing next year then?

Other things I like:

- the new weekly prep feature IS used by the CPU to progress players during the season, so the massive gameplay balance issue between user teams and CPU teams in CFM wrt practice XP gain should be fixed.
- changes in confidence are explicit, so the user knows exactly why the rating is changing.
- if a player has high or low confidence, what ratings and how is ratings are affected is now visible (generally speaking, it's not exactly quantified with a number but rather with an up/down arrow)
- free agency UI looks vastly more useful
- the player progression screen looks vastly more useful
- explicit tracking of player progression / regression is welcome
- more commissioner options is always welcome.
- IR designated-to-run is "kinda" there with the ability to remove one player from IR at any point. It's not exactly like real life, as I think the NFL enforces an eight-game minimum off time, but that the option is there is good.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:16 PM   #23
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Am I reading it right that game prep will be limited to a few players a week rather than the whole team?

From what I gathered you can do specific player and run drills with them or you can do a position group such as linebackers. I may have read it wrong though.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-06-2014, 12:19 PM   #24
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
It seems this is more of an individual attention for key players (backup QB's, 2nd RB, hot shot rookie etc). In the real NFL a team would never have enough time in a week to provide individual attention to every player on the team. Depending on how many players you can develop each week it's probably about right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »