Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2014, 12:05 AM   #297
Rookie

Desolationmike's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas

Maybe I'm a nerd but does anyone else really like that ticker at the bottom with the remark about McCoy liking his incoming rookie receiver? I'm sure it's one of those things you'll see a bunch of times throughout a franchise, but I still think it's a good step. Hopefully it will change based off of confidence and player quality. I hate seeing sories or quotes like this that make no sense (i.e. player A is upset about playtime despite playing entire games.)
Old 08-07-2014, 12:06 AM   #298
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Ah, ok, I can understand that my frustrate some but I like it, lol. It at least puts some onus for game planning before FA with regard to personnel moves like real life versus ad libbing. I'm sure there are better ways to implement a system that's more realistic and I doubt it's an intentional design decision but I'm for anything that that makes player/team management more realistically challenging.
Yeah, I would never be averse to something that clouded the ratings and still left some mystery behind them whether it be letter grades or number ranges but being completely in the dark on guys like free agents would definitely peeve me. Although, chances greatly being that I'll be using 32 team control this year it might make things a bit interesting.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:08 AM   #299
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolationmike
Maybe I'm a nerd but does anyone else really like that ticker at the bottom with the remark about McCoy liking his incoming rookie receiver? I'm sure it's one of those things you'll see a bunch of times throughout a franchise, but I still think it's a good step. Hopefully it will change based off of confidence and player quality. I hate seeing sories or quotes like this that make no sense (i.e. player A is upset about playtime despite playing entire games.)
I could be wrong but I think that is real NFL headlines.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #300
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolationmike
I love the ticker but what across the bottom is just real life stories from NFL.com and has nothing to do with your actual franchise. It's a huge missed opportunity. I'm not trying to plug myself but if you go to the Expanded Broadcast link below I actually made some mockups of the possibilities that they have with it. They are really missing out not utilizing it though. I think I would actually prefer the storylines running through that than the story feed UI currently being used.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:41 AM   #301
MVP

OVR: 3

For context, I have been disappointed with Madden for quite some time, like close to a decade now.

With that out of the way, I like what I am seeing!

The series obviously still has a ways to go, but between this here franchise news and the defensive improvements it looks like it's at least a few steps closer.

Hopefully it all comes together for a solid and worthwhile release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 12:48 AM   #302
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
My problem is if I let the CPU have any control what so ever the Broncos release Wes Welker after training camp. I just want to play the real games from the real season with the real rosters. NO bs CPU moves/cuts/trades. I don't want to babysit the CPU's braindead football management skills. Maybe this year will be different but I doubt it
You mean like how Chip Kelly cut Desean Jackson at the end of the season (i know you said training camp) or Tampa Bay with Derrell Revis or Chicago with Julius Peppers? If that happened in the game last year you would have been talking about the braindead cpu moves.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:51 AM   #303
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
I don't think off season was touched at all, from what I can tell.
Except for player regression/progression explanations and the new Free Agent system...
Old 08-07-2014, 12:56 AM   #304
Banned

DSThom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidanything2
To apply an appropriate sports cliche "We'll get em next year."
Slipshod extension not withstanding, that should be "Wait till next year," more a rallying cry than a cliche. Specifically the rallying cry of the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1950s, after losing the World Series to the Yankees.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »