Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2014, 12:30 PM   #41
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Connected Franchise Deep Dive

I completely expect, and am prepared for Madden to mess up the random draft class feature some how, some way. I can easily see some 60 speed WR with the name Johnson Nebraska or something. But I am kind of intrigued.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 12:30 PM   #42
EA Sports Community Manager

EASPORTS_AJ's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSB2015
For user controlled teams, are we going to be forced to game prep/practice? If so, I'm down for for that. I'd rather skip it.
You will be able to simulate some of or all of your Game Prep hours every week. All up to you, and the CPU will use logic based on your team/roster on what to prep if you don't want to. If you need help deciding what to train, there is also the "Recommended Activities" tab to help you out.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:35 PM   #43
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
You will be able to simulate some of or all of your Game Prep hours every week. All up to you, and the CPU will use logic based on your team/roster on what to prep if you don't want to. If you need help deciding what to train, there is also the "Recommended Activities" tab to help you out.
Thanks. I guess the next question is...is the coach mode option gone? Last year, you just had to call the plays, except for kicks, snap the ball, and the CPU will do the rest. Is that gone now?
Old 08-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #44
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I completely expect, and am prepared for Madden to mess up the random draft class feature some how, some way. I can easily see some 60 speed WR with the name Johnson Nebraska or something. But I am kind of intrigued.
Can't you just create/rename the guys? I doubt they changed anything as far as rosters across the board, that allows editing appearance to existing players without creating new. Since these new classes are random, maybe I am wrong.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:37 PM   #45
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I was excited that those first few screenshots showed coordinators/position coaches but disappointed there was never anything about hiring/firing them, and that firing in-season only really addressed the usual Coach/Scout/Training positions. A ton of other really good stuff there though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #46
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I have a funny feeling they will be in the game but it will be out of our control who they are and we will only see or hear of them on that one screen.
I bet you're right, especially given that none of those coaches are actual coaches for the Browns.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #47
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
Can't you just create/rename the guys? I doubt they changed anything as far as rosters across the board, that allows editing appearance to existing players without creating new. Since these new classes are random, maybe I am wrong.
You can't change ratings, and I'm pretty sure you can't change names.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #48
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
It's a good compromise IMO. Guys like myself who really want to dig into development can and those who just want to fly through weeks can do that.

I'd much rather have something like this than hear a bunch of guys complain that development is too tedious etc etc
Oh, I agree. And I give Looman credit for recognizing the problem in his original concept and turning around. I think it's also incredibly significant that CPU teams will simulate development activities each week, because lack of balance killed CFM's playability last year.

The devil is in the implementation, but if the mode shows balance, from the gameplay level to the franchise management level, so that it remains interesting and competitive, that will get my attention. Not on release day, but depending on what I hear after.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »