Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Videocast with Josh Looman

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Videocast with Josh Looman within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2014, 04:08 PM   #33
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Videocast with Josh Looman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Good interview Mr Bill, appreciate it.

My lingering question about "confidence", aside from seeing how effective it is on player performance in game play, is that if it's possible to just bypass or easily overcome it with game prep. Meaning, when Looman talks about things like personnel decisions, win/losses, etc effecting confidence, that sounds great but can someone/CPU make a huge personnel move, trade and/or have a terrible season, then just nullify those effects on confidence through game prep?

I hope not but we all know the history of there being loopholes to "game the game".
I think the way they counter this from happening is by giving you limited hours each week to use on game prep so you can't cheat the system.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #34
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Yeah, I too am pretty disappointed that we cannot edit draft classes, even edit a player's name! We were able to do this in NFL 2K5, but in 2014; Madden 15, ten years later we cannot. It shows how superior NFL 2K5 was as a product, to this day!
You could do this in previous versions of Madden as well. I'll leave it to everyone else to comment on your vintage superiority complex.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:32 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

With all the talk about confidence. You guys do know it was in the game last year right? It fluctuated throughout the season...great confidence equaled a hot streak...bad confidence equaled a cold streak.

I do like the other additions!

Last edited by vidgames; 08-06-2014 at 04:35 PM. Reason: sp
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 1
I was hoping to hear more about the single player of CFM but not much there. ?Like how it handles your player being a backup...will you actually get preseason snaps...etc. Also was hoping for something else besides just poicking your team you want to be on...if you are a rookie I think there needs to be som,e sort of draft combine.,..but overall this has me leaning more towards buying than not buying at the moment.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
You can already edit the real NFL players ratings before your start your CFM. From what Josh said in the video it sounds like the days of 70spd WR's are over . Hopefully that works as he says.
We were very vocal about that at the CFM Community Day earlier this year. Randomly generated players are great if their attributes are in line with what you would see in a player that is drafted in a later round in real life.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:31 PM   #38
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I really hope they fine tuned the random draft classes. I would really hate to see players with very off the wall equipment, numbers, etc. Also I didn't hear anything mentioned about the auto subs FINALLY being fixed in CFM. It's been how many years since it's worked properly?
Old 08-06-2014, 05:52 PM   #39
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Yeah, but they never got in trouble for allowing the USER to edit the rosters to however they wanted.

ABSOLUTELY...I said this in the other thread. I don't get it??? Online I could see no editing. But offline to me not to be able to edit is inexcusable. Makes NO sense.

Offline guys are being pushed away from the game they USED to love with every passing year. Madden was never perfect but we had fun with it because we had the ability to make it what WE wanted it to be. We made players play like we thought they should. That's all done now.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:18 PM   #40
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
ABSOLUTELY...I said this in the other thread. I don't get it??? Online I could see no editing. But offline to me not to be able to edit is inexcusable. Makes NO sense.

Offline guys are being pushed away from the game they USED to love with every passing year. Madden was never perfect but we had fun with it because we had the ability to make it what WE wanted it to be. We made players play like we thought they should. That's all done now.
dont blame EA...blame the lawyers in America

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »