Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Videocast with Josh Looman

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Videocast with Josh Looman within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2014, 07:09 PM   #49
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Videocast with Josh Looman

While I'm bummed for those who loved to have real draft classes I don't mind that. IF they really fixed the draftees attributes and made realistic classes. I don't watch college football so I wouldn't know one name from the other anyway.

Pleased to hear about game prep. Looking forward to seeing more about that. Glad I can finally use a player in a skill drill and improve that skill/get experience points and buy the rating or however it works. I want to see the options and if going for long term develop or short term stat boost becomes a real strategic element. CFM needed something in between just playing the games. Hopefully this is similar to FIFA's form rating.

Thank you based god that they improved free agency. Last years was horrible. Going through the menu was a pain but there was absolutely no logic to what was going on. You just bid on a player. Advance the week. Sometimes on the final week advancement you wouldn't even know if you actually signed the player or not until you went to the depth chart. So hopefully they improved the UI along with the added depth to free agent decisions.

Having players be aware of who is on your roster before they sign is a step toward adding player roles in contracts. There must be some logic behind what role a player expects to have on a team if he looks at the starter and decides he won't get PT so he wont sign there. What about if you want to do something like have multiple starting caliber defensive lineman but rotate them. Will there be an issue of not being able to sign a LE because you already have a good LE? Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.

They finally added the ability to advance more than a week at a time. Small but big.

Also relieved to hear that there will be screens where you can view a players progression/regression so you don't have to have players stats memorized. I'll take the added convenience to make me going into depth a little easier.

Weekly goals change every week. Maybe I'll actually pay attention to them now? We'll see.

They updated the OVRs so they dont change from menu to in game. Welcome fix.

Excited to get my hands on it.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 08-06-2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:13 PM   #50
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyColtrane
They made draft class changes to address people in online leagues going onto Operation Sports and gaming the system by reading the draft class guides.

Not to address the fact that we want to play with real rookies. these are their priorities...

:/
I think that is where the legal issues come in with them admitting they want to use college player likenesses in Madden.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:13 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I don't see the issue with requiring 3 qbs. Much better than two qbs going down and you putting in the punter.

Granted, if they gave us practice squad, etc.. We wouldn't have to worry about only having 53 guys.
Wait until you play CFM and get to the preseason cut period and the game basically forces you to cut certain players in order to meet the position requirements.

The two QBs going down is part of the risk of opting to carry an extra WR or CB. I like my games to have choices and risks involved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 07:42 PM   #52
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

can any one answer this question for me, when u draft someone will their attibutes show a rating or a number or do we have to do it like in 25 and spend xp

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Old 08-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
dont blame EA...blame the lawyers in America
I don't think lawyers have anything at all to do with editing current players. Creating drafts maybe, but not editing current players. If I'm wrong, then explain to me what the lawyers have to do with editing Clay Mathews attributes/ratings inside CFM.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:53 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 8
You can't edit draft classes in madden because of the same reason you can't do it on NBA2k.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2
Some people are never happy. The news sounds good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 08:25 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
You can't edit draft classes in madden because of the same reason you can't do it on NBA2k.
The PC version of NBA2k I can edit draft classes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »