Home

Which system is the port?

This is a discussion on Which system is the port? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 09:06 AM   #17
Pro

Dino's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Which system is the port?

If you are a sports gamer and you have more online friends on the XB1, then get it as you won't regret it.

You might regret it when all your friends are playing Madden in 2 weeks via EA Access, and you are not.

But it comes down to friends and online play. For me, I've always enjoyed Xbox Online multiplayer with their party system. Even though at launch the Xb1 party chat had some bugs, they have fixed it for the most part. They also are updating the the thing each month and they are listening to the gamers. I am buying a PS4 as I've always had both consoles, but MS and XB1 are making the right moves right now which is making me re-think my need for both consoles. I love the Snap/TV integration and kinect.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #18
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
Regardless of which system games are designed for, if you are looking for an entertainment type system...go for XBone. If you just want to play games and that's it...stick with ps4.

That madden bundle is crap because it doesn't come with kinect. Kinect is a necessity for XBone to work as an entertainment system.

I've never understood this argument. What exactly is so "entertainment" about the Xbox? Do we really wanna buy the console for voice activation? Apparently not since most dread the Kinect!

What do most gamers do... Play games and watch Netflix (oh my goodness). Both can be done on both consoles.... Yet people still use this angle to defend their XBone purchase.... Why, idk.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #19
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlovin
Just wanted to know if anyone knew definitively which system is the port this year. In prior iterations I know it's always been on Xbox. This year though I noticed the presentations were done on ps4. I have a ps4 and was considering the xbox one madden bundle. Thanks in advance for any help.
I am more than positive that for M25 it was developed on PS4 and ported to Xbone. I am sure that can be verified with some research. It was posted on this board somewhere if remember correctly.

I have not heard anything definitive about M15.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #20
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
I've never understood this argument. What exactly is so "entertainment" about the Xbox? Do we really wanna buy the console for voice activation? Apparently not since most dread the Kinect!

What do most gamers do... Play games and watch Netflix (oh my goodness). Both can be done on both consoles.... Yet people still use this angle to defend their XBone purchase.... Why, idk.
I can't speak for everyone, but the Kinect is awesome.

Recording games just by "saying Xbox record that" and not missing a beat is just so nice.

Playing a game and switching to watch TV (while you snack) then switching back to the game (where you left off) has me spoiled.

Playing face to face against family members via Skype is another favorite feature.

The Xbox One is truly 'Next-generation.'
Old 08-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
I can't speak for everyone, but the Kinect is awesome.

Recording games just by "saying Xbox record that" and not missing a beat is just so nice.

Playing a game and switching to watch TV (while you snack) then switching back to the game (where you left off) has me spoiled.

Playing face to face against family members via Skype is another favorite feature.

X1 is more of a family friendly next gen experience. PS4 is more of a hardcore gamer/entertainment next gen experience. There you go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #22
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:

See I disagree - a console that can't even handle modern titles let alone previous generation games at 1080p 60fps is far from "Next-gen" if you ask me.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #23
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
See I disagree - a console that can't even handle modern titles let alone previous generation games at 1080p 60fps is far from "Next-gen" if you ask me.
What do you mean? Are you speaking of minor graphical edge, that can be found over at "Digital foundry" or AVS forums?

Did you know that PS4 has not put out anything up to par with the Award-winning "Ryse" title?

I have both systems and I rarely touch the PS4, other to update.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:40 AM   #24
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
What do you mean? Are you speaking of minor graphical edge, that can be found over at "Digital foundry" or AVS forums?

Did you know that PS4 has not put out anything up to par with the Award-winning "Ryse" title?

I have both systems and I rarely touch the PS4, other to update.
Lol, you must be kidding.

There's a huge disparity between a game that's upscaled and one that runs at native 1080p resolution. Especially when it's running at 60 frames. As a PC gamer, you should know this.

Maybe you have more friends on Xbox Live thus you play it/enjoy it more. I used to be on Xbox with all my friends for 12+ years and we all switched thus we enjoy ourselves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »