Home

Ps4 color on madden15

This is a discussion on Ps4 color on madden15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Ps4 color on madden15

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
The thing with these very expensive TV's is that the technology for cable TV or even gaming is not caught up with the TV tech. The TV is only as good as what the cable box/system provides, and that isn't even close to what the TV's are capable of. The TV's look better in the store due to the fact that it is a pre-loaded image which pushes the TV to it's limits, something that video game systems and cable boxes are not capable of. The one's in store that look better and actually show live TV look better because they are properly calibrated. It's a little trick that some stores use to make the expensive TV's look better. Unfortunately, current video games do not have the ability to push a TV to its maximum capabilities. I don't understand why companies are making 4k TV's when right now, cable TV can't even provide 1080p and most video games/movies run natively at 720p and can only be upscaled to 1080p.
Some of this was true.....ten years ago.

When I compared my last purchase they were both hooked up to a satellite receiver, and we sat together and messed with the contrast and color setting for over an hour before I dropped the cash for it.
People who can afford to buy expensive things usually can't be hood winked by a sneaky salesman.
Its the people buying the 55 inch flat screen for $799 ( and think they got a steal) that are usually very disappointed when they get home. Not the guys who know what they are doing.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:34 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgiordano
I think the colors look muted or a little washed out on the ps4 videos. It does not appear to be bright. It looks a little dull. Will xbox one look a little brighter?
Put your RGB settings on full. Makes the colors more detailed, but crushes the blacks. Personally I like it this way, and have kept my settings on full. I'm on an old Panasonic viera 60" plasma.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:26 AM   #11
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Well the Xbox does run a darker color gamma giving it the false look of more pop (but also more black crush).

The PS3 and PS4 both adhere to Rec. 709 color standard. The Xbox One and 360 both use Microsoft's own color standard which clips a lot of black detail and is highly inaccurate.

The Sony consoles adhere to the industry standard - thus they display the game accurately.

Microsoft banks on people being fooled by the more vivid/bright colors on their consoles (even though they're highly inaccurate). Very similar to LEDs vs Plasma - Plasma displays a more accurate image in the correct lighting where as LEDs display an image that's more appealing on the show floor (guess what people buy more of).

The fact that Xbox consoles clip blacks no matter what makes them impossible to calibrate an image correctly on them. This is a huge reason why I switched after 12 years with Xbox.

This.

Sad thing is people aren't aware and in some case think the games look better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 04:33 AM   #12
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I think the colors look muted or a little washed out on the ps4 videos. It does not appear to be bright. It looks a little dull. Will xbox one look a little brighter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision
Put your RGB settings on full. Makes the colors more detailed, but crushes the blacks. Personally I like it this way, and have kept my settings on full. I'm on an old Panasonic viera 60" plasma.
Do not put the RGB settings on full...the color's are not more detailed,all it does it over saturate the colors,and as mentioned crushes the blacks.

If your TV is properly calibrated ,you will not notice any difference between the full and limited settings.

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert
Old 08-08-2014, 04:37 AM   #13
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
This.

Sad thing is people aren't aware and in some case think the games look better.
Definitely is sad, I'd be most gamers have their TV's / consoles improperly configured.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:43 AM   #14
Banned

alichu's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Ive been telling everyone this since the PS4 came out..
The graphics look better on XBOX in my opinion....

Last edited by alichu; 08-08-2014 at 06:46 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:45 AM   #15
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1

Well, unless you get the special Twitch version of Madden on the PS4 I think it'll be just fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 10:17 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't mind a little bit of "muted" colors. I would rather get closer to realism than looking more like a cartoon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »