Home

Ps4 color on madden15

This is a discussion on Ps4 color on madden15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-08-2014, 05:55 PM   #25
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Ps4 color on madden15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I would like to know this as well because I have never calibrated my tv before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te19YZTINDU

this shows u how to calibrate your tv.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 08:02 PM   #26
Banned

alichu's Arena

OVR: 0

I only had two issues with Madden on the PS4 (Madden 25)
Keep in mind I own both systems so this isn't some fan boy rant I'm just a casual gamer who buys a bunch of games but rarely plays them except two...

Madden 25 on the PS4 I didn't like the texture of the grass, TO ME, every field looked like a dull color astro turf. I also thought the overall color was had a "cool" look. For instance you have some hues where it could be normal, warm and cold or cool.. The PS4 version always looked as though I had it on cool.

What I did like and I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but right before you'd kick a FG the picture would get even more dull but it actually looked more realistic.. It did it on both the Xbox and the PS4
Old 08-09-2014, 12:08 AM   #27
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision
Dude.. Relax. It won't hurt for him to try it. My tv is properly calibrated.. the color is more detailed, period. I can only speak from my experience. But it is better on full than it is on limited in my case because it is less washed out.
It's not more detailed whatsoever. In fact the colors are so over saturated that it obscures a tremendous amount of detail. Not it mention to black crush that is caused with which you'll also again lose a significant portion of detail.

A properly calibrated display in RGB Full (if calibrated correctly) should look indistinguishable from one set to limited. In fact there's a lot more color banding introduced (bad video artifacts) when RGB Full is enabled. This is due to the game being created to run natively on limited - then the PS4 converts it to the full spectrum resulting in conversion artifacts.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:49 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm going to say this one more time.. I only speak for myself. It looks better on RGB full on my tv than limited. If anything, I just turn the color down in my tv menu. And turn the blacks up. Sorry if this causes you distress, but it looks better than the washed out look on the limited setting on my plasma tv.

Maybe it depends on the model of tv one has. Idk.. We can just agree to disagree. I prefer my ps 4 on full. My xbox one is like every one else's. My Xbox 360 looks fine.. My ps3 looks fine. My tv doesn't need to be calibrated. I've had it for 4 1/2 and have calibrated it multiple times.

Understand?
Old 08-09-2014, 06:28 AM   #29
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
I'm going to say this one more time.. I only speak for myself. It looks better on RGB full on my tv than limited. If anything, I just turn the color down in my tv menu. And turn the blacks up. Sorry if this causes you distress, but it looks better than the washed out look on the limited setting on my plasma tv.

Maybe it depends on the model of tv one has. Idk.. We can just agree to disagree. I prefer my ps 4 on full. My xbox one is like every one else's. My Xbox 360 looks fine.. My ps3 looks fine. My tv doesn't need to be calibrated. I've had it for 4 1/2 and have calibrated it multiple times.

Understand?
Our point is that it's not "calibrated" if you're running full and it "looks better." You prefer an inaccurate picture - to each his own.

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 08-09-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:53 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Our point is that it's not "calibrated" if you're running full and it "looks better." Your prefer an inaccurate picture - to each his own.
My point.. my tv is calibrated correctly.. it's not that hard. I prefer RGB full. Let the OP decide for himself what looks the best. Regardless of what you think "it looks better" to me. Deal with it. Inaccurate is subjective to me at this point. I don't need someone to tell me what my eyes can already determine. The colors are deeper, and richer.

Last edited by vision; 08-09-2014 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #31
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
My point.. my tv is calibrated correctly.. it's not that hard. I prefer RGB full. Let the OP decide for himself what looks the best. Regardless of what you think "it looks better" to me. Deal with it. Inaccurate is subjective to me at this point. I don't need someone to tell me what my eyes can already determine. The colors are deeper, and richer.
There should be no difference at all between Full and Limited whatsoever. They should look 100% identical. Try to play Last of Us with Full Incorrectly set and enjoy not being able to see any shadow detail whatsoever.

Again, the colors are not deeper, richer. What you're failing to understand is that calibration is a standard - it's not subjective - it's entirely objective. There is only one standard to calibrate a TV to. Going and just fiddling with your settings isn't calibration at all. Calibration is done by a professional that has thousands in equipment.

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 08-09-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 0

why does everyone bash on the xbox? It was proven superior over ps3 last gen.. There is nothing to prove that its not this gen is a we little difference in graphics.. And you guys saying its made for entertainment you know nothing.. I think mlg plays on xbox right ok... it is awesome while waiting on match in cod you can switch to twitch or tv or any other app while waiting on a game..ps4 is having a lot of over heating issues I know a lot that has went back.. also xbox has different color setting because a lot of people play on monitors..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »