Home

Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #233
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
I can t believe we are forced to go another year without any way to organized scouted players before the draft. How can this continue to be omitted? No big board, No war room draft board with stacked grades....

So scout players go to the draft and search through the phone book.
I would agree, but in fairness to Madden, I've never seen a sports game do the draft particularly well. I haven't gone through a draft in any of 2K's games, so someone else can shed light on how they do it?

Drafting in NHL '12 was absolutely the pits. You were essentially drafting blind and deaf, hoping to get one decent player out of the pool (which is why I would try to stockpile picks and improve my chances).

The draft is one of the biggest things in the NFL anymore. EA would do well to put serious time into it, but franchise modes have never, or at least not lately, been the primary focus of EA games. They put most effort into the "money" modes, like Ultimate Team or stuff for online players.

Seeing as how I spend almost 100% of my time in franchise modes for sports games, I won't buy Madden again until the mode sees worthwhile improvements and innovations.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #234
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
I would agree, but in fairness to Madden, I've never seen a sports game do the draft particularly well. I haven't gone through a draft in any of 2K's games, so someone else can shed light on how they do it?

Drafting in NHL '12 was absolutely the pits. You were essentially drafting blind and deaf, hoping to get one decent player out of the pool (which is why I would try to stockpile picks and improve my chances).

The draft is one of the biggest things in the NFL anymore. EA would do well to put serious time into it, but franchise modes have never, or at least not lately, been the primary focus of EA games. They put most effort into the "money" modes, like Ultimate Team or stuff for online players.

Seeing as how I spend almost 100% of my time in franchise modes for sports games, I won't buy Madden again until the mode sees worthwhile improvements and innovations.
I have to respectfully disagree. The Draft itself in terms of presentation is awesome. Trey Wingo was a great addition. The twitter feed, the ease of executing trades etc.

The issue is just having a draft board, so I can rate players and draft right from there. As it stands although the UI is fluid when you are on the clock you waste value seconds going from screen to screen. And if you didn't see that the guy you wanted to select was already taken you could waste 30 seconds trying to find them when they aren't there. A big board in game would make this easier.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #235
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Ahh I thought someone said he was a FB, I was trying to be hopeful that EA didn't mess this up lol. Always try to be optimistic with them, always regret it in the end though.

I was wrong about #29. It never shows his position. I hope he's a FB. Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #236
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdavi
They basically confirmed this on the livestream
So every player will become a superstar if you devote x p to them. No Jamarcus Russell types that come in with great promise and physical skills but simply are not capable of being a star no matter what?
Old 08-08-2014, 04:24 PM   #237
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
So every player will become a superstar if you devote x p to them. No Jamarcus Russell types that come in with great promise and physical skills but simply are not capable of being a star no matter what?
Yeah, but then they said you'd pay for because the rest of your team would be crap. Or something along those lines...
Old 08-08-2014, 04:24 PM   #238
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
If you suck at the game then yes. Plus if you throw multiple INT's your confidence will continue to take hits, or have bad games, so that will eventually effect your ratings.

But the true answer to your question is no.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:49 PM   #239
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

Has anyone heard if injuries will occur in practice or not?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2014, 05:14 PM   #240
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
I can t believe we are forced to go another year without any way to organized scouted players before the draft. How can this continue to be omitted? No big board, No war room draft board with stacked grades....

So scout players go to the draft and search through the phone book.

I use a spreadsheet on the laptop. Would be nice if I could scout the player and select "Add to draft board" though. Hit R1 and slide from scouting page to draft board page to arrange players. I'm a bit of a genius though so I don't expect too many people to think of stuff like that...Riiiiight (sarcasm, just so we are all on the same page)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »