Home

Why can't madden bring back franchise?

This is a discussion on Why can't madden bring back franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 05:38 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Not trying to pick a fight or argument (I actually agree with your point) but the bolded does sound the opposite of what one would expect wouldn't you agree? RPG elements typically add to the immersion. But not in Madden because they apply the RPG element to everything -- the gamer is playing the role of every aspect of the organization. That is not realistic.

I think the XP system should remain for the CFM Player mode, but switch to the old progression system for Coach/GM. But EA would not do this because they want uniformity across all of CFM.
Now I can see where keeping the XP/RPG for a player mode where you are building up one player makes sense. And I agree that a more realistic progression system makes sense for a Coach/GM/Owner mode. But I seriously think they should keep the XP system in place since it's already coded and many like the system. But I would advocate (Just like BigFnDeal) an OPTION for either an RPG XP system OR a realistic progression system.

I say, and I think you might agree, why take away from what others currently have and enjoy. Just give options so more can enjoy. See, I'm not so heartless.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:49 PM   #74
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I agree if they want to keep online "locked down" for lack of a better term,
they should have full options for an offline mode only.
Maybe in due time. We'll see.

I do though think many more things need fixed in the core gameplay first along with a ton more atmosphere etc..

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Old 08-09-2014, 06:52 PM   #75
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I agree if they want to keep online "locked down" for lack of a better term,
they should have full options for an offline mode only.
Maybe in due time. We'll see.

I do though think many more things need fixed in the core gameplay first along with a ton more atmosphere etc..
I think the madden team is out of touch with some of its user base. Think they are more gearing towards casual users.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 07:14 PM   #76
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Now I can see where keeping the XP/RPG for a player mode where you are building up one player makes sense. And I agree that a more realistic progression system makes sense for a Coach/GM/Owner mode. But I seriously think they should keep the XP system in place since it's already coded and many like the system. But I would advocate (Just like BigFnDeal) an OPTION for either an RPG XP system OR a realistic progression system.

I say, and I think you might agree, why take away from what others currently have and enjoy. Just give options so more can enjoy. See, I'm not so heartless.
I do agree and I would say that I am somewhat indifferent towards the XP system on its own. But I believe it is that XP system that is preventing the editing that we want from returning to the game. Because of that I am in the XP-be-gone camp. If they find a way to reconcile the two that would be better though.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0

so is there no offline franchise anymore. what is cfm? online only? please elaborate on both please kinda confused. if you use cfm, do you have to play real people or can you play just the cpu. ok im thoroughly confused. help
Old 08-09-2014, 07:41 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I'm with you on this. I loved the old franchise mode. If I were an online player, CFM would be my wheelhouse. But I just haven't been able to get into the mode since everything became "connected". It feels like it's built for online play, first. I understand EA's position, though. Online is where we are headed as evidenced by 2K's move last year. EA is tryna get ahead of the eight ball. Who knows, by the time the mode is fully realized, CFM might be the "franchise" standard going forward. It's much more challenging going up against real human competition. No AI will ever be able to simulate 32 completely different philosophies. So from that perspective I understand it. I may not like it, but it is what it is.
Totally agree, for me if they just made controlling all 32 teams easier like they did with the old franchise mode, a one click option or toggle it would be happy days for the offline guys. Creating 32 profiles for cfm blows and the time it takes is ridiculous.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #79
Is it March yet?

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhump1981
so is there no offline franchise anymore. what is cfm? online only? please elaborate on both please kinda confused. if you use cfm, do you have to play real people or can you play just the cpu. ok im thoroughly confused. help
CFM is Connected Franchise Mode, where you can play as a coach, owner, or player.

It's basically the old franchise mode and it can be played as a single player offline vs the cpu, just like the old days.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 08-09-2014, 08:47 PM   #80
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I would say that CFM is the same as the old franchise mode other than the xp system and the fact that NCAA draft classes aren't available .The exception to this in the editing is '12.I guess most of the team at EA was on the way out so they actually made the rarity of throwing us a bone.

This should be a lot closer to Head Coach '09 at this point in terms of management elements and at least having coordinators and such.The frustrating thing is that while there are similarities in most instances there are still things important to many that were in M12 and HC09 that are being avoided now.

You can't really get a fully satisfying version.You have to pick your poison and figure out which has the features you find most important to you personally.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »