Home

Why can't madden bring back franchise?

This is a discussion on Why can't madden bring back franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 02:51 PM   #105
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
Comes back to it is my game and I should be able change things I want to. I don't understand why Ea doesn't get this. Not like we haven't been asking for it for years. Look at NBA2k, they took it out one year and people didn't like and they put it back in.
As far as custom draft classes it's not that EA dosn't get it, it's that EA has spent the last five years involved in litigation involving player likeness and to some extent allowing users to re-create NCAA players and upload them to the internet. In case you haven't been paying attention there was just another landmark case settled against the NCAA. Until this is all settled EA's legal team is going to make them stay as far away from anything to do with the NCAA as possible. All it takes is one Sam Keller or Ed Obannon to see himself in a game of Madden on Youtube for EA to be right back in court in front of the same judges who ruled against them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #106
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I think this team actually gets it. Time will tell though.
I agree. Rex and crew do seem to have a more sim vision for the franchise and I think that bodes well for the future, honestly. Especially with regard to gameplay. M15 is clearly a step in the right direction. I can already tell from the few vids I have seen that it's gonna be my favorite Madden since the PS2 era. I thoroughly enjoyed Madden 12 (the crazy shoulder pads killed it though) and I think M15 is gonna beat that. Not too sure exactly what Loomans franchise view is long term.The man was behind franchise mode and Head Coach so he knows what he's doing. I'm hoping that his team is working on something big behind the scenes (like how they were working on CCM when Madden 12 released) that marry elements of CFM with the old franchise mode.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:59 PM   #107
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
What is the technical or philosophical reasoning that prevents them from allowing a player to edit ratings of any player in season??
I am not sure. EA would respond that the technical reason is because of the XP and season goals feature, but it should not be more difficult than editing positions.
(I am guessing that is the reason, no one on the development team --to my knowledge-- has gave an explanation)
Old 08-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #108
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
As far as custom draft classes it's not that EA dosn't get it, it's that EA has spent the last five years involved in litigation involving player likeness and to some extent allowing users to re-create NCAA players and upload them to the internet. In case you haven't been paying attention there was just another landmark case settled against the NCAA. Until this is all settled EA's legal team is going to make them stay as far away from anything to do with the NCAA as possible. All it takes is one Sam Keller or Ed Obannon to see himself in a game of Madden on Youtube for EA to be right back in court in front of the same judges who ruled against them.
I thought this was about Ncaa football not madden?

Why do people defend EA so much?

If you look at other sports ex basketball and baseball, and even soccer. They seem to let you do what you want. In The show, I can change a rookie's rating if I want. Same with Nba and soccer. Baseball the most complex off season, and the show comes pretty close to real life. They even have rule 5 draft. Its not perfect but its pretty close. I don't want to make this anti-ea. Just saying why can't they take leads from other sports games.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #109
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I am not sure. EA would respond that the technical reason is because of the XP and season goals feature, but it should not be more difficult than editing positions.
(I am guessing that is the reason, no one on the development team --to my knowledge-- has gave an explanation)
How hard could this be?
Old 08-10-2014, 03:21 PM   #110
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Here was an interview with Josh Looman last year:

Can you edit player ratings for single player Connected Franchises in Madden 25?

Josh Looman: The issue with editing player ratings once the mode begins is that it causes a lot of bugs and issues with our goal systems and our player schemes and grades. We tried to get that in this year but it ended up causing a ton of bugs. We do let you allow you to edit position, gear and numbers but allowing owners to edit player ratings after the league is started just caused too many bugs with the current system.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:23 PM   #111
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
I thought this was about Ncaa football not madden?

Why do people defend EA so much?

If you look at other sports ex basketball and baseball, and even soccer. They seem to let you do what you want. In The show, I can change a rookie's rating if I want. Same with Nba and soccer. Baseball the most complex off season, and the show comes pretty close to real life. They even have rule 5 draft. Its not perfect but its pretty close. I don't want to make this anti-ea. Just saying why can't they take leads from other sports games.
Where do you think the real rookies that you want to edit into the game are coming from?? The NCAA...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #112
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I agree. Rex and crew do seem to have a more sim vision for the franchise and I think that bodes well for the future, honestly. Especially with regard to gameplay. M15 is clearly a step in the right direction. I can already tell from the few vids I have seen that it's gonna be my favorite Madden since the PS2 era. I thoroughly enjoyed Madden 12 (the crazy shoulder pads killed it though) and I think M15 is gonna beat that. Not too sure exactly what Loomans franchise view is long term.The man was behind franchise mode and Head Coach so he knows what he's doing. I'm hoping that his team is working on something big behind the scenes (like how they were working on CCM when Madden 12 released) that marry elements of CFM with the old franchise mode.
I not asking for new features, I just asking to put the things back what they took out. I don't see this being a big deal. Not like I am asking for them to put nfl Europe in the game or to re do the whole franchise.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »