Home

Why can't madden bring back franchise?

This is a discussion on Why can't madden bring back franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #113
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Where do you think the real rookies that you want to edit into the game are coming from?? The NCAA...
Yea but nobody is making money off the ones we are making.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #114
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
What makes you think EA doesn't get it?
Cause they haven't done it.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:37 PM   #115
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
I not asking for new features, I just asking to put the things back what they took out. I don't see this being a big deal. Not like I am asking for them to put nfl Europe in the game or to re do the whole franchise.
I share your frustrations (though I have a different view on the additions, apparently), but to be fair, you kind of are.

The franchise mode you are talking about is gone...completely. Franchise mode is CFM now. Asking them to put in an entirely different mode or even tweak the current CFM based on logic/programming that is either no longer used, heavily modified, or both, is indeed asking them to redo the whole franchise.

It sucks for those that don't like the direction, but it's not as easy as just plugging stuff back in either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #116

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I thought this was about Ncaa football not madden?
I don't think this is the reason but I'll answer because it seems you are a little unclear on the purpose of the lawsuit.

It's about using likenesses illegally and it was mentioned (somewhere in this thread I believe) that part of the suit was the ability of users to create the players themselves so easily.

If you are using Jameis Winston's likeness, whether it be in NCAA or Madden, you are using it illegally. Its the same reason MLB the show doesn't have minor leaguers and those guys are even pros...

Again, not sure if that was actually part of the suit nor do I think it's the reason for no editing so take it for what it's worth...

Quote:
Why do people defend EA so much?
Haven't seen anyone defend EA. If you keep asking the same question over and over to the same group of people that will never have the actual definitive answer your going to keep getting theories as to why.

Quote:
Cause they haven't done it.
First time with video games? No implementation certainly has never meant lack of awareness.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #117
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Yea but nobody is making money off the ones we are making.
It doesn't matter EA is not allowed to use the player likeness of any current college athlete in it's football game. If they could create a way to restrict it to just to offline CFM it wouldn't be an issue. The problem is while they can prevent people from uploading it using EA share they can't prevent people from just uploading roster files on the internet. That is where they got in trouble with the Sam Keller lawsuit, it wasn't that they allowed users to customize players it was that players then uploaded them to the internet making them available to anyone who wanted them. Like I said all it would take is one college player to see himself in a video on youtube and EA is right back in court. Whether the player has a realistic chance at winning or not it would still cost EA hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees.

Think of it as a business owner and not an upset gamer. If you just had to pay tens of millions of dollars in a settlement are you going to go anywhere near that situation again (no matter how small the chances are) or are you going to distance yourself as much as possible? The settlement was
Old 08-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #118
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I share your frustrations (though I have a different view on the additions, apparently), but to be fair, you kind of are.

The franchise mode you are talking about is gone...completely. Franchise mode is CFM now. Asking them to put in an entirely different mode or even tweak the current CFM based on logic/programming that is either no longer used, heavily modified, or both, is indeed asking them to redo the whole franchise.

It sucks for those that don't like the direction, but it's not as easy as just plugging stuff back in either.
Ok didn't say it was easy but Nba2k did it this year. So you telling me they are that much better they can do this. I am saying have 2 different modes. CFM and Regular Franchise. I know I am asking for too much.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #119
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
It doesn't matter EA is not allowed to use the player likeness of any current college athlete in it's football game. If they could create a way to restrict it to just to offline CFM it wouldn't be an issue. The problem is while they can prevent people from uploading it using EA share they can't prevent people from just uploading roster files on the internet. That is where they got in trouble with the Sam Keller lawsuit, it wasn't that they allowed users to customize players it was that players then uploaded them to the internet making them available to anyone who wanted them. Like I said all it would take is one college player to see himself in a video on youtube and EA is right back in court. Whether the player has a realistic chance at winning or not it would still cost EA hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees.

Think of it as a business owner and not an upset gamer. If you just had to pay tens of millions of dollars in a settlement are you going to go anywhere near that situation again (no matter how small the chances are) or are you going to distance yourself as much as possible? The settlement was
How about not allowing sharing? Just keep it inside an offline Franchise. I don't think thats the reason. How about last years madden? When the case wasn't even settled. I think we are reading to much in this.

What says I can edit the roster outside of the cfm and make college players. How is that any different than doing this inside a cfm?
Old 08-10-2014, 03:57 PM   #120
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I don't think this is the reason but I'll answer because it seems you are a little unclear on the purpose of the lawsuit.

It's about using likenesses illegally and it was mentioned (somewhere in this thread I believe) that part of the suit was the ability of users to create the players themselves so easily.

If you are using Jameis Winston's likeness, whether it be in NCAA or Madden, you are using it illegally. Its the same reason MLB the show doesn't have minor leaguers and those guys are even pros...

Again, not sure if that was actually part of the suit nor do I think it's the reason for no editing so take it for what it's worth...

Haven't seen anyone defend EA. If you keep asking the same question over and over to the same group of people that will never have the actual definitive answer your going to keep getting theories as to why.

First time with video games? No implementation certainly has never meant lack of awareness.
Reason mlb doesn't use minor leagues, is cause they don't belong to the MLBPA.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »