Home

Why can't madden bring back franchise?

This is a discussion on Why can't madden bring back franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 05:01 PM   #137
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
And I am done with this topic. Hopefully you get your editing in CFM one day.
So do I. It doesn't seem like something that is unreasonable to ask for.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:42 PM   #138
Strategy Over Skills

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
That was not the case last year. I lowered just about every player in the league before starting my CFM. The incoming rookies in CFM were rated about the same as the rookies are this year (first rounders being in the 80/70's and everything declining from there).
If you ever want to use FBG rosters which are the best out there, you are out of luck in CFM, they would not blend one bit.

This is what I meant.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:46 PM   #139
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Here was an interview with Josh Looman last year:

Can you edit player ratings for single player Connected Franchises in Madden 25?

Josh Looman: The issue with editing player ratings once the mode begins is that it causes a lot of bugs and issues with our goal systems and our player schemes and grades. We tried to get that in this year but it ended up causing a ton of bugs. We do let you allow you to edit position, gear and numbers but allowing owners to edit player ratings after the league is started just caused too many bugs with the current system.
I'm assuming that since some people didn't comment on this post, they simply over looked it or believe what they want to believe.

This is the developer of CFM telling everyone in a interview there was too many bugs occurring with the current CFM set up. I really don't think they'll tear apart something they built brand new a few years ago. The only way they'll do it is if they can release editing players ratings without CFM riddled with bugs.

Who doesn't want a fully customizable game or customizable player ratings? Also, I do feel the recent lawsuits don't help matters.

I just don't see editable player ratings happening really quick based on Madden's track history.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:04 PM   #140
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

The problem is its been 3 years right? Since we haven't been able to edit ratings among other things. Ever since CCM and then CFM has been around. Three years now of threads like this where debates go on and on. Does EA see this? They have had three years now to add a simpler mode for the many people who want this feature.

They know we all want it so why not compromise while it isn't possible with CFM and give us another option. Another way to play where we can edit the ratings.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #141
Rookie

hofields's Arena

OVR: 5

Why is this thread still open?

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!

GT=HFIELDS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 10:51 PM   #142
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm assuming that since some people didn't comment on this post, they simply over looked it or believe what they want to believe.

This is the developer of CFM telling everyone in a interview there was too many bugs occurring with the current CFM set up. I really don't think they'll tear apart something they built brand new a few years ago. The only way they'll do it is if they can release editing players ratings without CFM riddled with bugs.

Who doesn't want a fully customizable game or customizable player ratings? Also, I do feel the recent lawsuits don't help matters.

I just don't see editable player ratings happening really quick based on Madden's track history.
Totally agree. If they did tear it apart, you'd have the same folks here ripping them for starting over. If they copied NBA2K or The Show, you'd have the same folks here slamming them for not being original.

I think people spend more time on OS complaining than they do actually playing the game. IMO, most of the complaints aren't to help the game get better. It's just how some have fun.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:15 PM   #143
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
The problem is its been 3 years right? Since we haven't been able to edit ratings among other things. Ever since CCM and then CFM has been around. Three years now of threads like this where debates go on and on. Does EA see this? They have had three years now to add a simpler mode for the many people who want this feature.

They know we all want it so why not compromise while it isn't possible with CFM and give us another option. Another way to play where we can edit the ratings.
I get it and want it CT, but let's say they see the complaining year after year, doesn't mean snap, crackle pop and they will add another option.

Based on past history, I don't see it happening quickly enough. I don't think I need to list the issues this community has wanted upgrading or overhauled over the last decade and it's still not in the game.

3 yrs, 5 yrs, decade, etc........

Expect it when you least expect it.(not an easy pill to swallow)
Old 08-10-2014, 11:30 PM   #144
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
Totally agree. If they did tear it apart, you'd have the same folks here ripping them for starting over. If they copied NBA2K or The Show, you'd have the same folks here slamming them for not being original.

I think people spend more time on OS complaining than they do actually playing the game. IMO, most of the complaints aren't to help the game get better. It's just how some have fun.
I'm sorry, but the complaints are legitimate. Almost every other team oriented sports video game has the kind of customization these gentleman are asking for. When I hear a developer say "we can't" because it breaks something, that tells me the original design of CCM wasn't very good.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »