Home

Why can't madden bring back franchise?

This is a discussion on Why can't madden bring back franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #9
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
It's connected franchise.. It's the same exact thing. Just different features. I personally like CFM way more IF we had the same editing capabilities you are asking.

But to say there isn't a franchise mode is incorrect.
Maybe I should of said the old franchise mode is not there anymore.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:10 AM   #10
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

What I was suggesting was have both options. CFM and franchise. CFM kept it the way it is, and for people like me, bring back the old franchise.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:20 AM   #11
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
What I was suggesting was have both options. CFM and franchise. CFM kept it the way it is, and for people like me, bring back the old franchise.
I suppose you mean the Franchise mode from Madden 12, not 13, because M13 was where they introduced CCM, might want t edit that part.

To that point, I feel you OP, it goes along with the mantra of "building on things versus removing them", imo, Franchise was already there, they should have kept it for those that preferred that. Especially going into the new consoles and all that space, pretty much what NBA2k15 is touting, so hopefully Madden follows suit at some point, it's a copycat industry, sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #12
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

CFM and Franchise are pretty similar. I think with the improvements they are making it will eventually be up to snuff. Don't get me wrong some of the earlier Maddens like 05 had the best Franchise mode I've ever played and while I would love to see them going back to that I don't think they will.

Old 08-09-2014, 11:29 AM   #13
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
I'm with you on this. I loved the old franchise mode. If I were an online player, CFM would be my wheelhouse. But I just haven't been able to get into the mode since everything became "connected". It feels like it's built for online play, first. I understand EA's position, though. Online is where we are headed as evidenced by 2K's move last year. EA is tryna get ahead of the eight ball. Who knows, by the time the mode is fully realized, CFM might be the "franchise" standard going forward. It's much more challenging going up against real human competition. No AI will ever be able to simulate 32 completely different philosophies. So from that perspective I understand it. I may not like it, but it is what it is.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #14
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I suppose you mean the Franchise mode from Madden 12, not 13, because M13 was where they introduced CCM, might want t edit that part.

To that point, I feel you OP, it goes along with the mantra of "building on things versus removing them", imo, Franchise was already there, they should have kept it for those that preferred that. Especially going into the new consoles and all that space, pretty much what NBA2k15 is touting, so hopefully Madden follows suit at some point, it's a copycat industry, sometimes.

I think the reason nba2k did it was cause of live coming back. They didn't want to lose people to live.

Madden doesn't have that problem.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:41 PM   #15
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I'm with you on this. I loved the old franchise mode. If I were an online player, CFM would be my wheelhouse. But I just haven't been able to get into the mode since everything became "connected". It feels like it's built for online play, first. I understand EA's position, though. Online is where we are headed as evidenced by 2K's move last year. EA is tryna get ahead of the eight ball. Who knows, by the time the mode is fully realized, CFM might be the "franchise" standard going forward. It's much more challenging going up against real human competition. No AI will ever be able to simulate 32 completely different philosophies. So from that perspective I understand it. I may not like it, but it is what it is.
Thought online was unfair to a point. If you spent time in practices and had a winning team you could make your team better by xp. Where if you didn't have a winning team you wouldn't get as much xp. Online really just came down who had the better madden skills not who had the better team.

IMO I think madden is going the wrong way. It is more focused on gimmicky features and less focused on real football features. For example XP for gimmicky to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 01:41 PM   #16
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

LOL @ losing people to Live.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »