Home

Why can't madden bring back franchise?

This is a discussion on Why can't madden bring back franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 12:01 AM   #153
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
What. Back off of you saying I enjoy not liking the games design decisions? That's too funny.

Where did I say I wasn't expecting a reply from you. All I did was give some friendly advice.

I thank posts that have something legitimate to say.
Have no issue with you. It's obvious we both want the game to get better. How about we agree to disagree on how to go about it. My apologies if I offended you.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:17 AM   #154
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The thing that gets me about custom draft classes, what bothered me about the CFM reveal last week - draft class editing not a difficult task for EA Austin to complete, they just have to budget for it.

What I mean by that - the random draft class is presumably generated during the advance from Preseason Week 4 to Regular Season Week 1 at the latest. I assume a draft class has some high-level hard limits - minimum number of players per position, maximum number of total players, maybe minimum and maximum player OVR ratings, etc. - so EA Austin may not want to let a user make a class completely from scratch, but they can provide a template which they can ensure meets their baseline requirements; at worst, just spit out a sample output whenever the user hits "New Draft Class". Whatever the case may be, the draft class generator already exists, it spits out a set of players when it is invoked, and immediately feeds those players into the CFM file.

There's absolutely no reason that this output set of players from that generator can't be redirected to an external file. The generator functionality can be pulled out of CFM and shared with some utility elsewhere in the game. At this point, all that needs to happen is for EA Austin to provide UI for loading a draft class from a file during the advance to Regular Season Week 1, the functionality to verify and load a draft class file, and a UI with which to edit a generated draft class file. The draft class editing UI is likely the heaviest time investment of this feature, but even that should be able to leverage the standard roster editing interface shared with the other components of the game. Finishing off the feature, one would likely add in a commissioner setup option to allow or block custom draft classes from being uploaded into an online CFM.

I don't understand where Josh Looman was coming from in saying that providing editing functionality is difficult. It's not. I just described how to do it. I obviously don't know what the CFM code looks like, but I can make some assumptions as to how they might do things based on how I see their game working.

To that end, I imagine it's the NCAA litigation and the fear of EA becoming party to further lawsuits is what is keeping draft class editing out of the game for now, and that's unfortunate. It's not that it's a hard task and can't be done.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:41 AM   #155
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
Have no issue with you. It's obvious we both want the game to get better. How about we agree to disagree on how to go about it. My apologies if I offended you.
Fair enough. My apologies too. I'm going to bed. Goodnight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 01:28 AM   #156
Rookie

hofields's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Why do you think it should be closed?

What part of the TOS does it violate?
First the title of the thread at first read it communicates a lack of understanding of cfm which impacts the credibility of the issue raised.

My comment was a rhetorical question to illustrate the point above and also one of disbelief that there were 15 pages beating a dead house for this development cycle. ( I will acknowledge I did not read all 15 pages.)

More customization as an option is always great but I'm also eager to actually play this years cfm before complaining about what is lacking.

After the nasty taste nba2k's my gm mode left in my mouth with the inability to even create players on rosters before getting started madden even with the deficiencies is a leap forward.

Ironically I wasn't referencing the tos but as some one pointed out shortly after my post this thread probably isn't constructive and if not explicitly violating tos definitely is infringing on the spirit of them.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!

GT=HFIELDS
Old 08-11-2014, 10:24 AM   #157
Banned

DSThom's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
If you ever want to use FBG rosters which are the best out there. . . .
What evidence do you have that they are there "best?" Personally, I think they're a croak.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:45 PM   #158
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofields
Why is this thread still open?
For one, I don't think I broke any OS rules.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #159
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofields
First the title of the thread at first read it communicates a lack of understanding of cfm which impacts the credibility of the issue raised.

My comment was a rhetorical question to illustrate the point above and also one of disbelief that there were 15 pages beating a dead house for this development cycle. ( I will acknowledge I did not read all 15 pages.)

More customization as an option is always great but I'm also eager to actually play this years cfm before complaining about what is lacking.

After the nasty taste nba2k's my gm mode left in my mouth with the inability to even create players on rosters before getting started madden even with the deficiencies is a leap forward.

Ironically I wasn't referencing the tos but as some one pointed out shortly after my post this thread probably isn't constructive and if not explicitly violating tos definitely is infringing on the spirit of them.
Thing about NBA 2k, is they are fixing the issue. They made a different mode, where you can do just about anything you want to.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #160
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSThom
What evidence do you have that they are there "best?" Personally, I think they're a croak.
Like everything else in the game its all personal preference. To him and many other people here those are the best. Personally I have my own system to edit every rating that I developed throughout the years, they are the best for me.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »