Home

Why can't madden bring back franchise?

This is a discussion on Why can't madden bring back franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #161
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
Totally agree. If they did tear it apart, you'd have the same folks here ripping them for starting over. If they copied NBA2K or The Show, you'd have the same folks here slamming them for not being original.

I think people spend more time on OS complaining than they do actually playing the game. IMO, most of the complaints aren't to help the game get better. It's just how some have fun.
I am not complaining about the game play, I am complaining that they took out something and never have put it back in. If I could get editing ratings in CFM, I would be happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #162
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
Thing about NBA 2k, is they are fixing the issue. They made a different mode, where you can do just about anything you want to.
Major difference, as CM Hoe stated earlier in the thread, is NBA 2k doesn't have litigation's holding them back.

If litigation's in the future and past are holding things up, I don't know if we'll see editable rosters in the future.

If that is not the issue, I see no other reason holding back on another option.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:06 PM   #163
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Major difference, as CM Hoe stated earlier in the thread, is NBA 2k doesn't have litigation's holding them back.

If litigation's in the future and past are holding things up, I don't know if we'll see editable rosters in the future.

Did EA come out say it was cause of litigation? And Ea is appealing the judgement, its gonna be years before anything happens. If that is the case, why can we still edit them outside of CFM.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:06 PM   #164
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Frankly, I'm surprised that NBA 2K hasn't become subject to litigation at this point. People are making college players for that just as they were in NCAA Football (granted, not as egregiously; there is no longer a college basketball game to source players from, and NCAA Football was going out of its way to mimic real life as much as they could without using names specifically). If EA can get slapped on the wrist for enabling the use of "amateur" likenesses in their games, why not 2K?

On the flip side, with the O'Bannon ruling coming down the way it did (pending appeal), I wonder if - down the road - EA Sports would approach rising seniors about being included as part of the game's draft class, or the vice-versa. For example, what if EA and Marcus Mariota / other popular player reached an agreement for him to be in Madden 15 as a QB in the first draft class?
Old 08-11-2014, 02:07 PM   #165
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Now that you mention it, I'm kind of surprised no one has gone after the 2K developers for their college games.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #166
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
Did EA come out say it was cause of litigation? And Ea is appealing the judgement, its gonna be years before anything happens. If that is the case, why can we still edit them outside of CFM.
EA already agreed to a settlement. The NCAA is the one that is appealing

Watch me play video games
Old 08-11-2014, 02:10 PM   #167
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Frankly, I'm surprised that NBA 2K hasn't become subject to litigation at this point. People are making college players for that just as they were in NCAA Football (granted, not as egregiously; there is no longer a college basketball game to source players from, and NCAA Football was going out of its way to mimic real life as much as they could without using names specifically). If EA can get slapped on the wrist for enabling the use of "amateur" likenesses in their games, why not 2K?

On the flip side, with the O'Bannon ruling coming down the way it did (pending appeal), I wonder if - down the road - EA Sports would approach rising seniors about being included as part of the game's draft class, or the vice-versa. For example, what if EA and Marcus Mariota / other popular player reached an agreement for him to be in Madden 15 as a QB in the first draft class?
I think the issue is from EA doing this and making money. Us as a fanbase making them are not making money off of it.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:15 PM   #168
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
EA already agreed to a settlement. The NCAA is the one that is appealing
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/09/sp...case.html?_r=0
That is not how I read it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »