Home

Why can't madden bring back franchise?

This is a discussion on Why can't madden bring back franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 04:22 PM   #49
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
CCM/CFM is very different than the traditional franchise. Forcing the RPG element and removing some of the customization make the two very different. Some of the naming may be confusion, but I think a lot of the "bringn back franchise" is personal preference.
I think that's fair (that it's more personal preference than not understanding), but the problem is that the concepts being used for CFM aren't there because it's CFM, they exist because it fits within the vision of Looman and the other designers.

My point being that even if they never went the CCM/CFM route and stuck with separate modes, a lot of the direction for franchise aspects would have likely been the same (XP, gameplanning, etc) as a matter of moving the modes forward.

So it's not so much an issue with CFM vs franchise, it's simply an issue of the general vision and direction for such a mode (for those that have issues to that end, of course...obviously there are plenty who are on-board with the direction).
Old 08-09-2014, 04:29 PM   #50

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Yea, I don't care what they call it, franchise or CCM mode should be an easy concept to re-create.

My biggest complaint is that the online and offline game modes were both created equal which to me is what causes the issues some of the offline users have with it (player editing) as an example.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:34 PM   #51
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Yea, I don't care what they call it, franchise or CCM mode should be an easy concept to re-create.

My biggest complaint is that the online and offline game modes were both created equal which to me is what causes the issues some of the offline users have with it (player editing) as an example.
Yea that is one of the negatives of having the mode created equal. They can't add a feature to offline only. I think that's what they are trying to figure out when Josh says "editing is something we are working on". To us it sounds like something that would be easy, but to them it's probably a nightmare to program it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 04:35 PM   #52
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Ea has already said they are working to bring back editing.
Didn't they say this 3 years ago?
Old 08-09-2014, 04:36 PM   #53
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I think the underline story from this is, you want to have editable roster in CFM?
Yes, and not have to worry about xp.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #54
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

You said it! These two modes are different breeds of animals, and they need to be treated as such.
Let offline go it's own way... allowing the user customization
And online... making things more competetive between two users
Great Post!
Old 08-09-2014, 04:38 PM   #55
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
Yes, and not have to worry about xp.
You don't have to worry about XP. They made it this year so the CPU will handle all of it for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 04:40 PM   #56
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
You don't have to worry about XP. They made it this year so the CPU will handle all of it for you.
ok, how about editable in franchise rosters. And don't say its to hard for them. Other games have it. I don't think they will ever have it in cfm. Just for the fact they think we will cheat online.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »