Home

Help me Pick a CFM Team!

This is a discussion on Help me Pick a CFM Team! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Help me Pick a CFM Team!

First a little about my style. I run a spread option scheme, utilizing pistol and shotgun. On D I use the 3-4 scheme, and love to have a great secondary, and pass rush. Anyways, here is my dilemma...

I wanted to choose the Cardinals, due to their incredible secondary, and that Logan Thomas is basically a poor mans Cam Newton. Nevertheless, the best player in the franchise and one of the best players in the world, and I am not exaggerating when I say that, is going to pick either the 49ers, or the Seahawks (he picks one spot before me), and I do not wish to be in the same division as him.

I'm a huge Packers fan, but I like to avoid any potential conflict of interest while handling the roster management aspect of the game. Plus I'm not so sure I can run my system with Rodgers at QB, not so sure he can take many hits, without getting hurt, or fumbling.

My other choices are the Bills, Steelers, and Browns. I love the Bills on offense, but their D is a question mark for me, I'd have to move people around to run my 34 scheme, and I'm not really in love with their LB's or secondary. The Steelers have a couple Madden studs on D in Shamarko Thomas, and Ryan Shazier, and I'll probably end up moving 95 spd Blake to FS. The Browns are solid all the way around, but I hate Manziel.

I'm really currently only seriously considering the Bills, Cards, and Packers. So who do you guys think would be wise to take?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #2
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Help me Pick a CFM Team!

I personally would chose the Bills. I don't have a solid reason why other than hating Manziel, and the Browns uniforms. The Steelers could be fun, but Big Ben isn't getting any younger, and the Steelers are generally a very popular team, so in my view it's a less interesting pick.

I believe the Browns are the most complete team you could chose, but the Bills would be the most fun team.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:27 PM   #3
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

The guys are calling me a coward for not wanting to be in the same division as ElNino, who goes 15-1/16-0 every season, and probably only lost 2 or 3 games in 7 seasons in Madden 25. So I may end up caving into peer pressure lol. But I know if I do I will never sniff the playoffs, as I'm a 10-11 win per season player, and that's without 2 automatic losses, I'd probably win 7-9 games per year in the NFCW.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #4
Rookie

Blue12's Arena

I know this wasn't one of your choices, but the Colts could be fun with the offense you want to run. I would HATE to see if in real life, but Andrew Luck could be a fun video game read option qb.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
First a little about my style. I run a spread option scheme, utilizing pistol and shotgun. On D I use the 3-4 scheme, and love to have a great secondary, and pass rush. Anyways, here is my dilemma...

I wanted to choose the Cardinals, due to their incredible secondary, and that Logan Thomas is basically a poor mans Cam Newton. Nevertheless, the best player in the franchise and one of the best players in the world, and I am not exaggerating when I say that, is going to pick either the 49ers, or the Seahawks (he picks one spot before me), and I do not wish to be in the same division as him.

I'm a huge Packers fan, but I like to avoid any potential conflict of interest while handling the roster management aspect of the game. Plus I'm not so sure I can run my system with Rodgers at QB, not so sure he can take many hits, without getting hurt, or fumbling.

My other choices are the Bills, Steelers, and Browns. I love the Bills on offense, but their D is a question mark for me, I'd have to move people around to run my 34 scheme, and I'm not really in love with their LB's or secondary. The Steelers have a couple Madden studs on D in Shamarko Thomas, and Ryan Shazier, and I'll probably end up moving 95 spd Blake to FS. The Browns are solid all the way around, but I hate Manziel.

I'm really currently only seriously considering the Bills, Cards, and Packers. So who do you guys think would be wise to take?
IMO this guy who picks the 49ers or Seahawks probably isn't the best player, he just plays with the best team making him seem better. If this is a 32 user league and he's going 15+ wins with a average team, then that would be a little different. I'd say go for the Panthers if possible and run a 4-3 (Hardy and Johnson are 4-3 ends). If not, go with the Jets maybe? They have a nice 3-4 defense and a mobile QB. The Bills and Redskins are other great choices.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 01:55 PM   #6
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

He won 5 SB's as the Bills in M25. So really, he could choose the Jags, and still be the best. He claims that he will take advantage of the selection process, and if the 49ers, and Hawks are available to him he sees no reason why he shouldn't pick them. His team is basically the 49ers or Seahawks talent wise after year 1 anyways lol.

I also don't like the Panthers, they have nothing on offense other than Cam, Olson, and old average HB's, their secondary is also probably the worst secondary in the history of Madden, which automatically disqualifies them for me.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #7
Rookie

This dude sounds like trash, if he's one of the best players in the world, why would he chose a stacked team? I'm guessing he's someone who runs cheese plays the whole game. If you want to learn how to beat his garbage, the best way is playing him twice a year. If you're that scared, pick an AFC team.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:06 PM   #8
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

The main reason he is so good, is because he is the best user MLB I have ever played. He literally takes away the entire middle of the field, and he always has 97-99 spd 95+ mcv CB's so the outside gets locked up pretty well too. And it's a sim franchise, so he wouldn't be able to cheese and remain a member for too long.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »