Home

Madden NFL 15 - Player Ratings Visualized

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 - Player Ratings Visualized within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Player Ratings Visualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I've seen this stated quite a bit over the years and the more I think about that part, the less I agree. No need for different scouts and stuff , imo,
For an owner and coach mode, I think it would bring in much more realism. It would make you think about how much you want to spend on a GM. What type of coach you want to hire and how much you want to spend on one. Same for OC, DC and position coaches. Same would be true for a scouting staff and GM. How much do you want to spend on a scouting staff and GM for evaluating draft prospects.

Combining all of this is just BRILLIANT. Man, I'm ready to watch some naughty videos just thinking about all of this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 06:13 PM   #42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
The only problem I see with a system like this in a game, is distinguishing players who you haven't actually played with/against. It's great for your own players, but when it comes to signing a FA, there would be too much unknown for my taste.
That's where your scouting staff comes in. Want to get more accurate assessments of FA's, you have to pay for a better scouting staff.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #43
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
For an owner and coach mode, I think it would bring in much more realism. It would make you think about how much you want to spend on a GM. What type of coach you want to hire and how much you want to spend on one. Same for OC, DC and position coaches. Same would be true for a scouting staff and GM. How much do you want to spend on a scouting staff and GM for evaluating draft prospects.

Combining all of this is just BRILLIANT. Man, I'm ready to watch some naughty videos just thinking about all of this.
I figure you're making your way through the thread so haven't seen yet where I clarified what I meant by the scouts. I agree with staff such as GMs, coaches and even Owners having their take on players OVR, I just don't want to see actual scouts in-game, lol.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
We probably agree depending on what you mean by "fairly". I think the range should be smaller for sure, like maybe 4-5 points versus larger ranges for more subjective ratings but I don't want anyway of knowing exactly who's 99 SPD vs 98 SPD. Also, I think it's fine to display 40 times as long as it's like real life where it's something that doesn't change as their SPD rating does, it's just another approximation.
The actual speed ratings should never really change much, except when a player gets to the end of their career.

I think a 40 time should change as a player gets slower. Speed is one of the easier things to quantify.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
I figure you're making your way through the thread so haven't seen yet where I clarified what I meant by the scouts. I agree with staff such as GMs, coaches and even Owners having their take on players OVR, I just don't want to see actual scouts in-game, lol.
The general direction of this thread is what I've been talking about for YEARS.

Big, did you notice that the ones that usually but heads and disagree are agreeing on much of this thread? This could be the first time CMH and I have agreed on something. I want to give that guy a big hug right now, or a beer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #46
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
The actual speed ratings should never really change much, except when a player gets to the end of their career.

I think a 40 time should change as a player gets slower. Speed is one of the easier things to quantify.
I think we're missing each other, I agree with you that the actual SPD rating shouldn't change much except for realistic reasons, I'm speaking in the sense of something like this color code being offered into the existing game. So if for example, someone upgraded a player's SPD rating with XP, their 40 time should NOT adjust to match that because players aren't posting new 40 times to stay current every year. 40 times in real life are just a data point to give an idea of how generally fast a player is.

Within the color code system, I would want things like SPD to have a smaller range than more subjective ratings because they easier to quantify but still not an exact.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #47
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Not trying to be funny but that's the point of it, if you can use scouts or whatever to decipher which player is better/higher rated what's the point in hiding ratings at all?
I'm not explaining myself well, so I'll just let it be. It's a moot point anyway because it's highly unlikely that Madden ever goes the route of hiding ratings.

Watch me play video games
Old 08-10-2014, 06:55 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
I think we're missing each other, I agree with you that the actual SPD rating shouldn't change much except for realistic reasons, I'm speaking in the sense of something like this color code being offered into the existing game. So if for example, someone upgraded a player's SPD rating with XP, their 40 time should NOT adjust to match that because players aren't posting new 40 times to stay current every year. 40 times in real life are just a data point to give an idea of how generally fast a player is.

Within the color code system, I would want things like SPD to have a smaller range than more subjective ratings because they easier to quantify but still not an exact.
I got ya. I just don't think speed should be upgradable. So making someone faster by spending XP on speed, to me, is already unrealistic. So if EA is allowing it, I think the 40 time should change to reflect the speed difference. Physical attributes are the easiest to quantify in real life.

Big, we can't agree on everything. Though I always have much respect for your opinions.

Last edited by bucky60; 08-10-2014 at 09:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »