Home

Defense going after Punt in M15

This is a discussion on Defense going after Punt in M15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-10-2014, 04:23 PM   #9
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Defense going after Punt in M15

I think ball bounce physics would help a ton. I'm not sure what you mean when you say the defense just stands there. They down a ball if they can get to it but most times the ball hits the turf and flies back twenty feet into the end zone so the defense doesn't even have time to get there most times.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:17 PM   #10
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

if u take control of one the defenders u can down the ball but I agree I hate how the ball bounces it hits around 20 or so bounces up in air lands in the endzone.... I've yet see in the nfl a ball hit around the 20 and bounce in air for 20 yards and lands in endzone.

maybe they should add a backspin sorta like in golf so once the ball hits it one either stops or rolls at an angle instead of the rubber ball effect and bounce in air for 20 yards.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:08 PM   #11
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Anyone know if the defense will try to actually stop a punt from going into the endzone like IRL or just stand there looking stupid like in previous versions?
Good point OP, hopefully this is incorporated into "Player Sense" going forward. I had never really thought about this until reading this thread though, so hopefully it's something someone can pass on to the devs. Like others stated, this would be a great compliment to independent ball physics, which I think they claim to have some version of, for the in-game football to behave more like an actual football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #12
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I think ball bounce physics would help a ton. I'm not sure what you mean when you say the defense just stands there. They down a ball if they can get to it but most times the ball hits the turf and flies back twenty feet into the end zone so the defense doesn't even have time to get there most times.

This. The ball either bounces 20 yards or the punter simply punts it out the back of the endzone/shanks it 15 yards out of bounds. Personally, I've resorted to supersiming punts whenever the AI is around midfield so that they can pin me deep in my zone sometimes.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-10-2014, 08:24 PM   #13
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Ball physics would make punting and alot of other things more realistic. FIFA is advertising this year theyve added better ball physics, so maybe Madden team will pick up on that eventually.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:18 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Agree with everyone about ball physics. If the ball bounces on the 20, it now acts like a tennis ball if it was hit with topspin from the 30. I've pretty much resorted to coffin corner kicking to pin the other team back. Or you sometimes can move the arrow up and punt it higher, take control of a player and maybe get downfield to down it. But actual ball physics would be so much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »