Home

Old 08-10-2014, 04:35 AM   #9
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Relocation cities

One city I am surprised was ignored is San Jose, it has the 10th largest population in the US and a very passionate fan base (not to mention IRL some of the largest corporations are based there).

I really hope they fixed the uniforms for Portland and Sacramento. IMO they had some of the best team names in the game. I really love the River Hogs, Lumberjacks, Condors and Miners names. Too bad the uniforms were all stuck in the 1990's design wise. I liked what I saw from the Marshalls uniforms (except they still have a love affair with the color black) so their is hope.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:50 AM   #10
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I still like this development team, but so far they are starting to repeat the patterns of the past that led to a bad game. Gameplay is an exception, they are adding to the game.

But as far as CFM goes we are starting to see them add a feature one year and then not improve it but instead add another (somewhat incomplete) feature the next year.

They say they "tuned" owner mode financials but other than that it was left completely untouched. And that is sad because it needs a lot of work.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:02 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I still like this development team, but so far they are starting to repeat the patterns of the past that led to a bad game. Gameplay is an exception, they are adding to the game.

But as far as CFM goes we are starting to see them add a feature one year and then not improve it but instead add another (somewhat incomplete) feature the next year.

They say they "tuned" owner mode financials but other than that it was left completely untouched. And that is sad because it needs a lot of work.
def off topic comment there but u r wrong. They touched up on Free agency, draft classes randomness, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 05:18 AM   #12
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballphanatic
def off topic comment there but u r wrong. They touched up on Free agency, draft classes randomness, etc.
1.My comment was not completely off topic as relocation pertains to owner mode. They did not add to the list of cities you can relocate to.

2. Which brings me to this: owner mode, aside from "tuning" was left untouched. Remember, owner mode =/= CFM.

Compare the complete list of improvements to M25 CFM to what we know so far about NBA 2k. How do you think they stack up?
Old 08-10-2014, 05:54 AM   #13
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
1.My comment was not completely off topic as relocation pertains to owner mode. They did not add to the list of cities you can relocate to.

2. Which brings me to this: owner mode, aside from "tuning" was left untouched. Remember, owner mode =/= CFM.

Compare the complete list of improvements to M25 CFM to what we know so far about NBA 2k. How do you think they stack up?
Except they completely redesigned every team relocation uniform, fixed all the pricing structures to actually matter and fixed the endzone/announcer problems of moving existing teams and added coach firing mid season. You may not agree with these changes made but it was hardly untouched.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:07 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Except they completely redesigned every team relocation uniform, fixed all the pricing structures to actually matter and fixed the endzone/announcer problems of moving existing teams and added coach firing mid season. You may not agree with these changes made but it was hardly untouched.
Correct. They def did enough in my mind.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:08 AM   #15
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I like those changes, but they fall under the umbrella of tuning. It didn't add to the depth of the mode. You could argue that fixing the pricing will make it deeper and such an argument is not without merit.But I was playing Madden tonight and in my CFM owner mode I looked at the interface and the possible options and I realized that it will be the same this release.

Want to track your attendance week to week?Too bad. Want the menu attendance figures for last home game to match the in game visual attendance? Not happening. More stadium options? Why, 5 is enough.More relocation options? Sorry. Last year I was excited when I saw player marketing have a personality score because I thought that meant they had plans for a personality system. This year? Still a single number with no improvement. It would be cool to bid to host the superbowl right? Pfft, forget it.

They could have did a lot. But instead as you pointed out they fixed two things that did not work properly so the one actual addition was, drum roll please...relocation uniforms. I'm already immersed in the role of a NFL owner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 06:47 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
I like those changes, but they fall under the umbrella of tuning. It didn't add to the depth of the mode. You could argue that fixing the pricing will make it deeper and such an argument is not without merit.But I was playing Madden tonight and in my CFM owner mode I looked at the interface and the possible options and I realized that it will be the same this release.

Want to track your attendance week to week?Too bad. Want the menu attendance figures for last home game to match the in game visual attendance? Not happening. More stadium options? Why, 5 is enough.More relocation options? Sorry. Last year I was excited when I saw player marketing have a personality score because I thought that meant they had plans for a personality system. This year? Still a single number with no improvement. It would be cool to bid to host the superbowl right? Pfft, forget it.

They could have did a lot. But instead as you pointed out they fixed two things that did not work properly so the one actual addition was, drum roll please...relocation uniforms. I'm already immersed in the role of a NFL owner.
Sounds like someone should wait for Madden 16.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »