Old 08-10-2014, 06:53 AM   #17
Banned

DSThom's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Relocation cities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metapod
You'll move your team where they say your moving your team and you will like it
If anyone should know it's a Thunder fan, except of course a Sonics fan.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:06 AM   #18
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I like those changes, but they fall under the umbrella of tuning. It didn't add to the depth of the mode. You could argue that fixing the pricing will make it deeper and such an argument is not without merit.But I was playing Madden tonight and in my CFM owner mode I looked at the interface and the possible options and I realized that it will be the same this release.

Want to track your attendance week to week?Too bad. Want the menu attendance figures for last home game to match the in game visual attendance? Not happening. More stadium options? Why, 5 is enough.More relocation options? Sorry. Last year I was excited when I saw player marketing have a personality score because I thought that meant they had plans for a personality system. This year? Still a single number with no improvement. It would be cool to bid to host the superbowl right? Pfft, forget it.

They could have did a lot. But instead as you pointed out they fixed two things that did not work properly so the one actual addition was, drum roll please...relocation uniforms. I'm already immersed in the role of a NFL owner.
Like anything else in the game it is all subjective. To me the changes they made added a ton of depth. Last year to me Owner mode was unplayable, I am not big on the prices part but I love relocating my team and to me between the endzones not changing for real teams and the uniforms being stuck on an episode of "I love the 90s" it was unplayable. I spent my entire time in coach mode. This year it sounds like owner mode will be useful to me.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:26 AM   #19
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't believe they will ever open up options to fully create a relocation city from scratch. One of the biggest reasons of bringing it back was to have the announcers able to talk about the teams and have them say the team name during game.

They will add more cities and team names when they can record more with the announcers and whoever announces the draft.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-10-2014, 08:44 AM   #20
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

They could add at least the biggest city or capital from each state and maybe each Canadian province. Have the EA "approved" cities that have team names recorded and just have the announcers record city names for the rest. If I wanted to make a team from one of the non approved teams I wouldnt care if they just kept referring to them as Hartford the whole time.
How long does it take to record 100-150 city names?? 10 MINUTES.

Seems like a reasonably doable solution to appease the cUstomization control crowd. They could even go the route of NCAA who also added a list of several hundred popular team names that could be chosen.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:02 AM   #21
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
I don't believe they will ever open up options to fully create a relocation city from scratch. One of the biggest reasons of bringing it back was to have the announcers able to talk about the teams and have them say the team name during game.

They will add more cities and team names when they can record more with the announcers and whoever announces the draft.
The main thing I don't like about it is your stuck with just two uniforms when most NFL teams have 3 or more (either an alternate or throwback). I move the Raiders to San Antonio give me the new uniforms but let me keep the old uniforms as throwbacks kind of like the Titans do with the old Oilers uniforms or the Chiefs do with the Dallas Texans unis.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 10:25 AM   #22
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
The main thing I don't like about it is your stuck with just two uniforms when most NFL teams have 3 or more (either an alternate or throwback). I move the Raiders to San Antonio give me the new uniforms but let me keep the old uniforms as throwbacks kind of like the Titans do with the old Oilers uniforms or the Chiefs do with the Dallas Texans unis.

That's a good idea

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-10-2014, 10:29 AM   #23
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by duinnin
Its the same 17 cities as Madden 25, and you're still limited to 3 options for team names and uniforms, though they have changed a few of the names and all the uniforms have been tweaked. Nothing spectacular here. I wish they'd just create a Madden version of the the NCAA Teambuilder so we could create own.
Yep, add that to the list of things in ncaa that needs to make its way over to madden.

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 08-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #24
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
Do you guys think EA limiting our cities an d logos is actually the decision of the N(o) F(un) L(eague)?

Or do yu all think it's just EA being EA?
I think it is all EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »