Home

Do Elite Pass Rusher make a difference in Madden?

This is a discussion on Do Elite Pass Rusher make a difference in Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Do Elite Pass Rusher make a difference in Madden?

Im going to be in Madden Connected Career next season, Trying to think how I should mold my defense.

- Does and Elite 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE make a big improvement to an average guy at his position?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 03:10 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Do Elite Pass Rusher make a difference in Madden?

I'm wondering the same thing, it seems like everything will be based in timing this year, so maybe finesse or power moves won't make a difference?

Also, it seems like it doesn't make sense to focus on improving your guys finesse and power moves because the game automatically picks which move will be successful in each situation, so there's no real "hey vie been using power moves for a while, let me toss in a finesse move to see if I have more success".
Old 08-10-2014, 03:19 PM   #3
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
I'm wondering the same thing, it seems like everything will be based in timing this year, so maybe finesse or power moves won't make a difference?

Also, it seems like it doesn't make sense to focus on improving your guys finesse and power moves because the game automatically picks which move will be successful in each situation, so there's no real "hey vie been using power moves for a while, let me toss in a finesse move to see if I have more success".
I would hope its programmed to pick the best move based off the guys power/finesse rating as well as situations. But it's something we would need to experiment with in game.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:34 PM   #4
Rookie

basmn's Arena

Quote:

In one of the streams it was mentioned that timing is a big factor, but it doesn't always guarantee the finesse or power move is successful.

Last year EA blogged some info how ratings work for each position.
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...-25-dl-ratings
I can't imagine that all that was thrown away.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I would hope its programmed to pick the best move based off the guys power/finesse rating as well as situations. But it's something we would need to experiment with in game.
In theory, I would hope that if a guy has 90 power moves and 90 finesse, he has a higher success rate of beating his man than a guy with 95 power and 60 finesse. But I highly doubt this will be the case.

Maybe there will be a trait system in which you can have:

Power moves-yes/no
Finesse moves-yes/no

And if a player has yes for both, you can know whether or not to waste time investing in certain areas.

In addition, the way the game should calculate thjngs is by strength and the awareness rating.

For example, if a offensive lineman is stronger than a defensive lineman who is a power move user, the defensive lineman should have less success.

And if the defensive lineman is a finesse move user and the offensive lineman has lower awareness than the defensive lineman, the defensive lineman should have more success. And so forth
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 03:43 PM   #6
Rookie

fightingirish595's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmiles33
Im going to be in Madden Connected Career next season, Trying to think how I should mold my defense.

- Does and Elite 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE make a big improvement to an average guy at his position?
this is actually a great question, i better not see user players in a connected franchise getting like 30 sacks a season with elite pass rushers. hopefully it wont be too easy to get sacks
Old 08-10-2014, 03:52 PM   #7
Rookie

basmn's Arena

Quote:
Maybe there will be a trait system in which you can have:

Power moves-yes/no
Finesse moves-yes/no
There is such a trait system in Madden 25, so hopefully EA keeps that for Madden 15!
If i have a strong DE with high poer move rating, i make sure that he has the trait "use bull rush moves".
In short-term there would be no need to activate finess move traits or spend XP on finesse moves.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:09 PM   #8
Banned

Timing is important but its not the end all be all. Your players power or finesse rating vs the OL pass block rating combined with timing determines the outcome . Its not like you can have a nobody with a 50 power 50 finesse beat Tyron Smith JUST bcuz you time it well. I also believe you press different buttons to execute your moves( timed square for power and timed X for finesse)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »