Home

CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo

This is a discussion on CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #129
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo

Disappointed that I won't be able to play tomorrow, but I'll live. Two weeks to go.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 08-11-2014, 03:17 PM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 0

So many self-entitled gamers here. Demos don't benefit developers. They never have. Just because we aren't getting a demo this year, a lot of you guys are trying so hard to read in between the lines and cause drama. No demo means no buy for you? Yeah, sure, I believe you...

Have many of you LOOKED into EA Access? It's merely a subscription offering full versions of older EA games AND access to select games 5 days early (on top of offering 10% off digital copies of new games). You don't HAVE to pay for the subscription, but it's an option to those who are interested. Also, it's $2.50 a month if you sign up for a yearly subscription.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:24 PM   #131
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I've heard this from several people. I didn't like any ps3 version of the game tho save madden 10 somewhat. In videos, the game looks like it plays the same. The demo would've been useful to me to decide for myself, but I'll still get a chance. Just not until after release.
I'll admit I was dumb with this.. But I bought both PS3 AND PS4 M25. And yeah, PS3 version was downright laughable, almost unplayable after a while. But PS4 version never did that. Again, did I see the issues there, yeah; but it was fun throughout. Never did I think it wasn't playable anymore. Annoying, yes, but unplayable, no. Current gen (PS4/X1), is on the right path fo sho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #132
Rookie

Pixx4Sixx's Arena

Yeah, I'm not sure what all the fuss is about and the dogging on EA Access/EA. EA Access was not solely released for Madden 15. We get older titles for $5.00/mo or the yearly price, on top of that we get early access to new releases.

For the price, I'd say it's a steal and they can certainly take my money.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #133
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
THERE WASNT A DEMO FOR 2K14 OR MLB THE SHOW OR WTCH DOGS AND NO ONE BLEW THE ROOF CALM DOWN GEEZ
The difference between Madden and those other games is that Madden has released a demo every year since Madden 06. People have become trained to expect one.

Add in factors like the launch of EA Access, plus the fact that next-gen UFC and NBA Live games already got (and are still getting) demos, and it's easy to understand Madden fans' disappointment.

Last edited by jyoung; 08-11-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:35 PM   #134
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The difference between Madden and those other games is that Madden has released a demo every year since Madden 06. People have become trained to expect one.

Add in factors like the launch of EA Access, plus the fact that next-gen UFC and NBA Live games already got (and are still getting) demos, and it's easy to understand Madden fans' disappointment.
Yeah, well, UFC is a new IP. They want people to try it out, and NBA flat out sucked last year, they want people to see the improvements. Madden doesn't NEED that this year. Wanted, yes, needed, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIANTS85
Eh. No surprise. Why come out with a demo if its the same garbage year after year? I mean you go to other gaming sites (IGN, Gamespot) gamers are almost begging for another company to take over the NFL License. This game was the never the same since 9 or 10. Game over for EA.
TBH, if you ask me, things have been going downhill since M06. 09 was a good effort, and 10 was ok, but it started around M06 if you ask me. (The same time they acquired the license, hey look at that).

Last edited by A_Quiet_Pro; 08-11-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:40 PM   #135
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
No, I don't.

Creating a demo is effort separate from and extraneous to the final product. I know this from first-hand experience. Not producing a demo for a game like Madden which promotes itself strikes me as mostly a cost-cutting measure which in no way affects the quality of the final product.

pretty sure they created a demo for both E3 and gamescom right? pretty sure either of those would have passed for a pre release demo. no reason for them to not release a demo, except to put it(early access instead of demo) behind a paywall like EA Access.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 03:43 PM   #136
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by labelmeoriginal
So many self-entitled gamers here. Demos don't benefit developers. They never have.
They might not benefit an annualized game like like Madden, where people already know what they're getting every year, but demos are definitely a huge interest driver for new or unfamiliar franchises, and for games that aren't using a yearly release cycle.

That is why Microsoft required every XBLA and XBLIG title on the Xbox 360 to include a trial version.

For a game like Madden that has been coming out every year for more than 25 years, a demo definitely doesn't make as much sense, and probably isn't worth the extra effort to produce.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »