Home

GameStop Madden Mondays : Gameplay Pt. 2

This is a discussion on GameStop Madden Mondays : Gameplay Pt. 2 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-11-2014, 01:48 PM   #9
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: GameStop Madden Mondays : Gameplay Pt. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Watching that reminded me of the fact they said the "block steering" will NOT be used by CPU controlled players, which continues to baffle me. I mean I see a video like this one, showing off the new dline moves and I can't help but think what a good addition that would be to the AI. I wonder what it is about the programming of the game that makes it so difficult to allow the CPU/AI access to everything the User has.

I hope they will add it in M16 but given the issues with adding true step to every player this year, I'm not so sure. For all the good things they seem to be trying to do for the game as a whole, I don't want to see those things diminished because User control is inherently overpowering. I know they assure us that the new features are balanced to avoid being overpowered but having any of those exclusive to User control, inaccessible by the CPU AI, inherently makes User control overpowered.
Just more missed opportunities by Tiburon. For every good idea they have there's always something that seems like a no brainer that would change the game and take it to a different level and they miss it.

Que the "maybe next year..."

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-11-2014, 01:59 PM   #10
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Wish we would have seen some new gameplay we have seen all of that before.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

The pass rushing in this game still not realistic, too many b-lines towards the Qb. Very rarely do NFL offensive linemen get beaten that bad and cleanly. Those type plays only happen maybe once a game. Offensive linemen should attempt to stay with the pass rushers longer, get a push in the pocket, Ill be impressed when you're able to sack a quarterback while the offensive linemen is in between the defensive linemen and Qb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #12
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Sounds like the GCs will be dropping some M15 videos later this week. There were two or three new plays here I think, but mostly the same ones we've seen from different camera angles.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:55 PM   #13
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Watching that reminded me of the fact they said the "block steering" will NOT be used by CPU controlled players, which continues to baffle me. I mean I see a video like this one, showing off the new dline moves and I can't help but think what a good addition that would be to the AI. I wonder what it is about the programming of the game that makes it so difficult to allow the CPU/AI access to everything the User has.

I hope they will add it in M16 but given the issues with adding true step to every player this year, I'm not so sure. For all the good things they seem to be trying to do for the game as a whole, I don't want to see those things diminished because User control is inherently overpowering. I know they assure us that the new features are balanced to avoid being overpowered but having any of those exclusive to User control, inaccessible by the CPU AI, inherently makes User control overpowered.
I don't understand why the cpu can't take advantage of this. That "other" football game had VIP system where the cpu would mimic a user's adjustments and tendencies. Madden cpu should at least take advantage of features like steering.

Overall though, I thought the vid was good. Animations were smoother in this one. I think madden 15 will be solid head to head this year. Not so much against the cpu.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:33 PM   #14
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I don't understand why the cpu can't take advantage of this. That "other" football game had VIP system where the cpu would mimic a user's adjustments and tendencies. Madden cpu should at least take advantage of features like steering.

Overall though, I thought the vid was good. Animations were smoother in this one. I think madden 15 will be solid head to head this year. Not so much against the cpu.
Based on the info given in one of the power point slides from the first stream ( game play) Madden has that capability too. They explain it by describing how Cam Newton in-game will play as if the real Cam Newton is User controlling him and all the other QBs like Larry Richardt, using that tech in M15.

http://www.goodgamebro.com/community...nts/9-jpg.851/

I don't want to "run" with this too much but I think we all can envision the potential for something like this for the AI at all positions. It theoretically makes it possible to give every player in the the game a library of User control AI to access.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:35 PM   #15
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Not bad but the clips of Watt & Cameron Wake look a little off once they disengage because of the upright running animation. The Cameron Wake one is especially bad. A lot of pass rush is about leverage and he appears to win that battle but then he immediately gets upright as he makes his way towards Manuel.

I like the multiple moves by Quinn but not how Staley does a spin move appearing to re-engage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 01:42 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

I didn't know they couldn't do that either, thats going to make the games one sided again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »