Home

EA Access Available Now on Xbox One (No Longer Limited Beta)

This is a discussion on EA Access Available Now on Xbox One (No Longer Limited Beta) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Game of the Year 2021: Forza Horizon 5
Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back
Best Franchise Mode in 2021: NBA 2K22

Old 08-12-2014, 07:36 PM   #97
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: EA Access Available Now on Xbox One (No Longer Limited Beta)

Sorry for being "that guy", but I want to make sure I get this straight.

For new games, such as Madden -- we will get to download and play the game 5 days early. I get that.

What happens after the first 5 days the game has been released? Do we need to purchase the game at that point?

Thanks for the clarification by anyone!
Old 08-12-2014, 07:54 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu

What happens after the first 5 days the game has been released? Do we need to purchase the game at that point?
Yes - that is correct. Think of it as a supreme demo. BUT - any progress you have made and/or achievements you became eligible for when playing will carry over to the retail version.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #99
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

The most underrated part of that is no midnight pickup shenanigans, you've binged and can go get it during the day :-p
Old 08-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #100

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
I'm pretty happy I got it for several reasons:

1. I can trade in my BF4 copy for 15 bucks at Best Buy and that will cover half the cost.

2. I wanted a Soccer game.

3. I want a Hockey game but not at full price. So once it becomes available, it will be awesome.

4. I can play Madden earlier and next year can trade in my copy of Madden and still be able to play it.

5. The other games that will become available should help a lot once I'm in that weird lull, waiting for a new game to come out.

You realize you will still have to buy NHL and FIFA if you want to play them for more than 5 days right?
Old 08-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #101
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
Yes - that is correct. Think of it as a supreme demo. BUT - any progress you have made and/or achievements you became eligible for when playing will carry over to the retail version.

Thanks a bunch Glenn. Really think this is an awesome deal.

Thanks for the clarification!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 08:09 PM   #102
Rookie

juduking's Arena

OVR: 1

Just a heads up to those who have games already in the vault. I actually traded in two games that were offered in Madden and BF4 and because I already had them installed, once I signed up for EA access I DID NOT need to re-download those games. That's a really nice bonus.

I traded in my two games to gamestop for store credit and bought a 25 dollar Xbox live card. I got about 45 dollars in trade in money, so the extra 20 dollars went towards Madden 15 pre order. Looking forward to playing Fifa next gen for the first time, and playing Peggle with my wife and her little sister who is over for the night. 30 free dollars for this service with more games coming, plus early Madden, NHL, Fifa, dragon age, and who knows what else is a steal. Too bad Sony wants their PlayStation now service to succeed otherwise I would have bought this in my PS4 instead of my XB1.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:41 PM   #103
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You realize you will still have to buy NHL and FIFA if you want to play them for more than 5 days right?
I was talking about once they are added to the vault. I am content with FIFA 14 for now and can wait for NHL.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #104
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
I like gamestop because it allows me to "rent" games. With no rental stores left, and I'm not wanting to go to gamefly....gamestop is great with their used policy.

Buy any used game, play and return it within 7 days for full refund. I've beat many story based games for free that way. This doesn't working for new games, but somebody is stupid enough to trade in a new game within the first week.
That is a very good point. I just can't stand the pushy approach. I know they are just doing their job, but it is really annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »