Home

EA Access Available Now on Xbox One (No Longer Limited Beta)

This is a discussion on EA Access Available Now on Xbox One (No Longer Limited Beta) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #33
AJG
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Access Available Now on Xbox One (No Longer Limited Beta)

Hmm... Wonder if it's worth switching preorder from PS4 to XB1 for this...
Old 08-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown
Their site and articles have quoted at least two hours of access so people are trying to interpret what that means.
In my opinion, the two hour quote is for story-driven EA games such as Mass Effect or the upcoming dragon age game.

Giving gamers 5 days free of those games means no one will buy it because you can get too far in the story and perhaps beat it.

For sports games, it'd make sense for EA to not limit the amount of time you have in those 5 days, but rather limit the modes available to play.

Like any play now, online head to head ranked games, with all teams available and MUT available, without time limits. But save things like the gauntlet and Connected Careers for the full retail.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #35
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown
Their site and articles have quoted at least two hours of access so people are trying to interpret what that means.
Right. They've said every game will be different but it will never be less than 2 hours.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 05:52 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJG
Hmm... Wonder if it's worth switching preorder from PS4 to XB1 for this...
It's not. If you prefer to play on PS4 - why would that change? Heck just play the Xbox version toi get a feel and keep your PS4 pre-order. You wou wont be missing out on anything.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #37
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

I will be very disappointed if they restrict sports games (play now, skills trainer, and CFM must be in and unlimited)

I will be pleased with a time frame demo of the BF and DA games, but sports games can not and must not be put on a limit other than modes like UT and such.

This would be a total waste of money, the $30 is not worth the vault, or just a few demos.

Vault + Trails + 5 day early sports games = Well worth $30
Old 08-11-2014, 06:07 PM   #38
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBleedOrange247
This would be a total waste of money, the $30 is not worth the vault, or just a few demos.

Vault + Trails + 5 day early sports games = Well worth $30
Completely disagree. You're paying $30 to get full access to 7-10 (guesstimate) vault games for a year. Not to mention 10% discounts on any games you purchase ($6 a pop). And then 5 days of early access, even if it is either timed or somewhat restricted it's still a great deal. Some people will just complain about anything

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 08-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
I'd assume that they would let you play the full game for the entire 5 days, until the game is released.

-EA Access will save your game info so you don't lose any of your progress. ---- -They are allowing you to download the entire, retail-ready game.
-Will offer discounts on DLC
-Get free packs or incentives for MUT or FUT.

All similar features to the Season Ticket, I doubt they'd cheat their users out of their money that bad. They've raised the price from $19.99 to $29.99 makes sense to me. They'll give you the full game, for the entire 5 days, IMO.

EA hasn't confirmed how long we will have to play the game its a min of 2 hours but up to 5 days, I would guess we will have access for 24 to 72 hours or so for sports titles games like Dragon Age 2 will prob be the 2 hour limit cant let gamers beat games before they are release they will have no reason to buy it then
I can almost promise you EA WILL NOT LET US GET THE FULL GAME EARLY meaning Ultimate Team will prob still be locked.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardz23
In my opinion, the two hour quote is for story-driven EA games such as Mass Effect or the upcoming dragon age game.

Giving gamers 5 days free of those games means no one will buy it because you can get too far in the story and perhaps beat it.

For sports games, it'd make sense for EA to not limit the amount of time you have in those 5 days, but rather limit the modes available to play.

Like any play now, online head to head ranked games, with all teams available and MUT available, without time limits. But save things like the gauntlet and Connected Careers for the full retail.

I disagree I think all game modes for sports titles prob will be unlocked with the of exception of Ultimate Team.
I agree with story games having a 2 hour time limit tho

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »