Home

15 Reasons to buy Madden NFL 15

This is a discussion on 15 Reasons to buy Madden NFL 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-12-2014, 12:27 PM   #17
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: 15 Reasons to buy Madden NFL 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I will have to go back and watch that one. I didn't see any inaccurate passes that I remember, but I did definitely see catch variety. At least to me the hand placement by the WR when catching crossing pattern looked improved.
Same thing i was thinking, I specifically remember Rex replaying a throw where Rivers was absolutely crushed during the throw with the ball only slightly missing hitting the intended receiver in stride for a seemingly easy catch, with that being touted as an example of a new "inaccurate pass". We have seen errant passes in plenty of video, imo but not the middle ground ones that have been so heavily touted to be added this year.

That said, we keep being told that's due to the caliber of QBs in those videos and when using less accurate QBs it will be obvious. However given the history, I still wonder why we have yet to have any footage where less accurate QBs are subbed in to demonstrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This video shows the inaccurate passes and WR/DB effort on catches
http://youtu.be/wK4c0iuHZqY?a
Appreciate the video JP and yeah I did forget about that ONE where the Panther receiver reaches for a ball just out of their reach. Again though, I would've liked to have seen more examples of these type of inaccurate passes, even if that meant intentionally subbing in less accurate QBs, considering this addition is so heavily touted. On that same note, it bothered me that on that Rivers pass, even with him being an accurate passer, that hit while throwing didn't produce a more noticeable inaccurate pass.

It raises concerns for me that less accurate Qbs might be throwing inaccurate passes consistently, even with a clean pocket/throwing lane and/or accurate passers will be throwing darts regardless of pressure. With all their use of the term "contextual", I hope it applies to pass inaccuracies.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 08-12-2014 at 12:42 PM. Reason: added on to keep from double posting.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:48 PM   #18
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
"In previous madden, throwing on the run came at a heavy cost"

Huh? Since when? Unless BJ Coleman is an athletic throw on the run player.
After I read your post I had to go back and reread that part. Don't remember when people were punished for throwing on the run. It also said they tuned it to make it easier to do this now. I'm guessing people will only use mobile QBs online now.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #19
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

To be fair I have noticed in the past couple of years throwing on the run has been alot more difficult depending on the QB than in years past. I only play the AI though so maybe online is different.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #20
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
To be fair I have noticed in the past couple of years throwing on the run has been alot more difficult depending on the QB than in years past. I only play the AI though so maybe online is different.
To be fair the past few years I only have played vs the CPU mainly because I hated playing online vs mobile qbs. I remember people subbing in back up QBS just for scrambling purposes.

Though I would like to see the CPU QB scramble and throw outside the pocket more.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:38 PM   #21
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I can't speak for the ps4 version because I haven't played it but I'll have to disagree with you for the past 2 ps3 versions. Madden 13 introduced throw a wr open and accuracy went through the roof across the board. Madden 25 toned it down a bit but not much. When Rodgers got hurt, I never bothered to sub him back in for online games because his back up was just as effective for me. Even offline with sliders accuracy wasn't a problem for me personally.

Passing accuracy has shortened my brief time with Madden a lot the past two versions at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 02:08 PM   #22
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
M25 (PS3) I noticed if you did not invest in throwing on the run it was more difficult. Case in point I am in year 4 now and invested into thriwing on the run with Tannehill and he is throwing the rock on the run much better than in year 1.

So if the new QB accuracy is indeed improved it could really be cool seeing lesser QB's struggle in the pocket under pressure as well as young mobile QB's that are lower rated struggle. It will make player development even more rewarding.

I am again getting sucked right in as I see a number of proposed improvements from M25 (which I love). Color me curious and hopeful. I guess my question is are all these improvements in for PS3 sans the graphical upgrade? Even the AI enhancements? Those have me giddy. And yes next summer I go next gen....one more year on my PS3.
Madden 22
NBA 2K22
The Outer Worlds
No Mans Sky

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 08-13-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Did you write this JP?
Old 08-12-2014, 03:22 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I can't speak for the ps4 version because I haven't played it but I'll have to disagree with you for the past 2 ps3 versions. Madden 13 introduced throw a wr open and accuracy went through the roof across the board. Madden 25 toned it down a bit but not much. When Rodgers got hurt, I never bothered to sub him back in for online games because his back up was just as effective for me. Even offline with sliders accuracy wasn't a problem for me personally.

Passing accuracy has shortened my brief time with Madden a lot the past two versions at least.
The next gen version was not any different. Ryan Nassib was better than Eli Manning. ALl you need is high throw power, and since the cost of throw power went down as you raised it, you end up with a league of crap QBs with 97 throw power. I never progressed Nassibs accuracy above 85 in any of the categories. No need, even with the slider on 7, he was accurate 95% of the time.

From what I have seen in the videos, the new QB inaccuracy stuff is not working, because I see all of the same things I saw in Madden 25. There were still inaccurate passes in M25, but just not frequent. I saw the same stuff in the videos for M15. The ball goes to a player, either the defensive player or the receiver. The QBs never throw to a spot. It's always to a player. The ball is still tethered to a player, and the proof of this is when you watch replays, you can see the trajectory of the ball completely shift and morph into a player as it gets there. The passing game won't ever be great until they decouple this and give the ball proper physics and decoupling like they did for NBA Live and FIFA (and even the puck in NHL). Once again, Madden is the red-headed step child of EA sports games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »