Home

15 Reasons to buy Madden NFL 15

This is a discussion on 15 Reasons to buy Madden NFL 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Game of the Year 2021: Forza Horizon 5
Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back
Best Franchise Mode in 2021: NBA 2K22

Old 08-12-2014, 09:35 PM   #25
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 15 Reasons to buy Madden NFL 15

If there's no way to do CPU vs. CPU in CFM then that's the only reason I need not to buy the game. I'm hoping auto-pass/coach mode be allowed for human vs. human so it can be a form of CPU vs. CPU. That or a similar workaround is there to be exploited. Otherwise...forget it. I said it once and I'll say it again. I want to be the architect, not the guy with the hammer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 11:22 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
In the first livestream, I saw examples of inaccurate passes and catch variety.
Show me some examples, point out the minute marks in the first video. Probably was one or two at the most.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:05 AM   #27
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...atch-here.html

Manning and Rivers hit 68 and 69% of their passes last year, so, in two 5 minute quarters, you won't find many inaccurate passes from these QB's.

I counted three, 26:19, 27:43 and 51:50, based on my eye test. I noticed many nice swat animations as well.

Based on what the quoted person stated with "saw examples", that's a pretty fair statement.

Last edited by roadman; 08-13-2014 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:37 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This video shows the inaccurate passes and WR/DB effort on catches
http://youtu.be/wK4c0iuHZqY?a
Thats an incomplete pass, the biggest issue with inaccurate passes in Madden is that the ones that are caught are too accurate! they are caught perfectly in stride most of the time, receivers do not need to adjust to them.
In real life receivers often must adjust to the ball in some way, even when thrown by the most accurate Qb's. I remember Peyton Manning throwing a few inaccurate passes in his first pre-season game against the Seahawks this year.
In real life a receivers often have to either bend down low, dive down for a low thrown ball, do a 180 for a ball thrown behind them etc. I am NOT seeing the catch variety they were touting, just the same old catch animations that have been in this game for years.
Also another issue, every pass that is caught receivers ALWAYS land on their feet, in real life receivers often fall to the ground after catches especially inaccurate ones.

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 08-13-2014 at 05:27 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:18 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Thats an incomplete pass, the biggest issue with inaccurate passes in Madden is that the ones that are caught are too accurate! they are caught perfectly in stride most of the time, receivers do not need to adjust to them.
In real life receivers often must adjust to the ball in some way, even when thrown by the most accurate Qb's. I remember Peyton Manning throwing a few inaccurate passes in his first pre-season game against the Seahawks this year.
In real life a receivers often have to either bend down low, dive down for a low thrown ball, do a 180 for a ball thrown behind them etc. I am NOT seeing the catch variety they were touting, just the same old catch animations that have been in this game for years.
Also another issue, every pass that is caught receivers ALWAYS land on their feet, in real life receivers often fall to the ground after catches especially inaccurate ones.
Something that would help this is more styles and variations in the animations. Different throwing timings and rhythms for QB's, running styles, catch styles and variations for the recievers/rb's/te's/swing players.

Start layer caking all this together with some other changes and you have a more organic playing experience and "sim" style game that even the elusive 'casual gamer' audience would be drawn to.

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death"
-Dave Barry
Old 08-13-2014, 11:55 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

I found another inaccurate pass as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZDrkP-WNn4

6:25 mark. I don't see where anyone has posted this one yet. If so, I apologize in advance.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:11 PM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulChildres
I found another inaccurate pass as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZDrkP-WNn4

6:25 mark. I don't see where anyone has posted this one yet. If so, I apologize in advance.
It's just a different video than the first live stream, but you are correct, that's an inaccurate pass and incompletion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #32
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Reason #15 is better than reason #14 for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »