Home

15 Reasons to buy Madden NFL 15

This is a discussion on 15 Reasons to buy Madden NFL 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-13-2014, 02:43 PM   #33
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 15 Reasons to buy Madden NFL 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulChildres
I found another inaccurate pass as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZDrkP-WNn4

6:25 mark. I don't see where anyone has posted this one yet. If so, I apologize in advance.
I missed that one somehow. That looked nice. It's just a matter of how often and what makes them play out.

If inaccuracies are as good as they are being touted, it will be the best addition in years for me. I've really had to go looking to find them tho and that is what concerns me. I'm afraid it'll get toned down to please tourney guys like so many other SIM additions through the years.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:11 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's just a different video than the first live stream, but you are correct, that's an inaccurate pass and incompletion.
Going out and cherry picking a few incomplete passes does not prove the "feature" to be working correctly. I put feature in quotes because I don't believe inaccurate passes and reaching for balls should be touted as a feature. It should just be included because it's just such a basic part of a football game. Whatever, that's my opinion, but regardless, I don't see much of a difference between 15 and 25. Granted, when playing and adjusting sliders, that may not be the case. Just basing off of what I saw, I am not sold that it works correctly, and I am half expecting to see a patch come out with them saying, "we found a bug and it wasn't working". The pass Philip Rivers threw with his arm being crushed by Von Miller was all I needed to see. It really looked bad too because Rex still tried to sell it as an inaccurate pass even though it was a perfect spiral that went right to the receiver in stride while he was covered quite well. Then there was the excuse of the quality of QBs being used, yet in the follow up streams we saw lower echelon QBs still throwing the exact same way. I mean, doesn't anyone else find it amazing that on a next gen football game we are even having this discussion? Come on now, inaccuracies should be a part of the game and should happen realistically.

Like I said before, this is a band aid and is not the right solution. Give the ball its own physics engine like past games and decouple it from the players. Allow the ball to be thrown to the spot (i.e, route based passing) instead of to a player on the field. I mean, the whole throw your receiver open concept was silly. It's obvious that the implementation entailed moving the direction of the ball and changing the path of the receiver to follow the ball (which he is tied to). Unhook them please in Madden 16.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #35
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulChildres
I found another inaccurate pass as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZDrkP-WNn4

6:25 mark. I don't see where anyone has posted this one yet. If so, I apologize in advance.
Two quick points after watching that catch and some of the video in general.

1) I don't consider that an example of the new pass inaccuracies because even though it was a pass to a slant, a little out in front of the receiver, those have been in the game for years and the receiver seemed to make no play on the ball whatsoever. I stated "seemed to" because they didn't let it replay.

2) Watching more passes/catches in that video, I'm seeing the catch variety, where receivers aren't just triggering the same few animations, they seem much more contextual,, which is nice to see. However, I haven't noticed any transitional animations representing "securing the catch", ie bobbles, ball still moving around, off the finger tips, etc and like someone else pointed out, any loss of balance when trying to secure those catches. I'm not trying to be nitpicky, it just seems like it could be possible that there is a difference of interpretation of what "pass inaccuracies" mean in M15, Rex and team may be referring to the ones we have already seen, where the upgraded catch variety allowed for a catch versus the ones like I listed prior. Again thinking about his mention of that Rivers pass and catch in the game play stream, being an example of new pass inaccuracies, where the receiver reached out for the ball that was a little out in front, this seems feasible.

Anyway we will know more in about a week, whenever the early access drops and people start streaming. Hopefully there is more to the new pass inaccuracies then what's been shown thus far, if not, hopefully there are plans to flesh them out further in M16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 03:31 PM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Going out and cherry picking a few incomplete passes does not prove the "feature" to be working correctly. I put feature in quotes because I don't believe inaccurate passes and reaching for balls should be touted as a feature. It should just be included because it's just such a basic part of a football game. Whatever, that's my opinion, but regardless, I don't see much of a difference between 15 and 25. Granted, when playing and adjusting sliders, that may not be the case. Just basing off of what I saw, I am not sold that it works correctly, and I am half expecting to see a patch come out with them saying, "we found a bug and it wasn't working". The pass Philip Rivers threw with his arm being crushed by Von Miller was all I needed to see. It really looked bad too because Rex still tried to sell it as an inaccurate pass even though it was a perfect spiral that went right to the receiver in stride while he was covered quite well. Then there was the excuse of the quality of QBs being used, yet in the follow up streams we saw lower echelon QBs still throwing the exact same way. I mean, doesn't anyone else find it amazing that on a next gen football game we are even having this discussion? Come on now, inaccuracies should be a part of the game and should happen realistically.

Like I said before, this is a band aid and is not the right solution. Give the ball its own physics engine like past games and decouple it from the players. Allow the ball to be thrown to the spot (i.e, route based passing) instead of to a player on the field. I mean, the whole throw your receiver open concept was silly. It's obvious that the implementation entailed moving the direction of the ball and changing the path of the receiver to follow the ball (which he is tied to). Unhook them please in Madden 16.
True, but I did say that the "cherry picking" was from Rivers and Manning, two passers with very close to 70% passing last season and two 5 minute quarters. A poster asked where the inaccurate passes happened, I tried to answer with my own eyes.

Let's just hope there is a difference between Arod and Matt Flynn this year.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
True, but I did say that the "cherry picking" was from Rivers and Manning, two passers with very close to 70% passing last season and two 5 minute quarters. A poster asked where the inaccurate passes happened, I tried to answer with my own eyes.

Let's just hope there is a difference between Arod and Matt Flynn this year.
Right on. I want to see some of these inaccurate passes not result in only interceptions too. You see defenders reaching for balls, and having them go through their hands, or attempt to catch with their body while going to the ground and losing the ball in the dirt. These are the types of things that need to be incorporated into a next gen experience. This is the expectation. Once you play one game of madden, you've seen every dropped pass or incomplete animation. Not to mention they look very robotic and un-natural. This is an area that Madden has a chance to pioneer and give us what we've never had before. It's time for this team to start thinking on their own and not rely on another dev team/studio or their customers for ideas on how to do things. These guys should already be thinking of these things and be pushing for building them now.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:01 PM   #38
2021 NL Cy Young

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Anyone know what #14 means? New mode or something?
North Carolina Tar Heels Baseball
Wisconsin Badgers Football
Old 08-13-2014, 04:39 PM   #39
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
It really doesn't mean anything other than you can play as the new rookies.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:05 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Yeah, #14 is a stretch, it should be a given, Madden already has a bad reputation of just charging $60 for roster updates every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »