Home

Strategy for progressing players??

This is a discussion on Strategy for progressing players?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #1
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3
Strategy for progressing players??

Is there a time tested strategy for progressing players? piecemeal? wait and accumulate points? My last Madden was PC and I did not have a choice so its a new thing.

Do I spend as I get points or wait? Opinions? Comments?
How do you do it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 12:30 PM   #2
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Strategy for progressing players??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
Is there a time tested strategy for progressing players? piecemeal? wait and accumulate points? My last Madden was PC and I did not have a choice so its a new thing.

Do I spend as I get points or wait? Opinions? Comments?
How do you do it!
I always wait till the end of the season and do it all once but that's more for convenience than anything else.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:30 PM   #3
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

I wait until the end of the season, but make sure you don't waste time and points on someone you plan on letting go in FA.

If you wait til the end of the season, you will be able to distribute points to some of the more expensive(more important) attributes, that way in year 2 or 3 or wherever you are, you can "feel" the improvement. Instead of putting a few hundred in something like Awareness, Play Recognition, etc.

Also, if you do that at the end of the season, say you have a 74 OVR RB that after you improve him, he goes up to a 77 or 79 (random number) and you're more comfortable starting him, you won't have to improve that position in the off-season.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #4
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
I wait until the end of the season, but make sure you don't waste time and points on someone you plan on letting go in FA.

If you wait til the end of the season, you will be able to distribute points to some of the more expensive(more important) attributes, that way in year 2 or 3 or wherever you are, you can "feel" the improvement. Instead of putting a few hundred in something like Awareness, Play Recognition, etc.

Also, if you do that at the end of the season, say you have a 74 OVR RB that after you improve him, he goes up to a 77 or 79 (random number) and you're more comfortable starting him, you won't have to improve that position in the off-season.
I usually do it right before free agency. This allows me the chance to get to know my team better and see where I need to upgrade in free agency.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:34 PM   #5
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I usually do it right before free agency. This allows me the chance to get to know my team better and see where I need to upgrade in free agency.
I'm hoping in M15 the difference in good players and Ok players is more substantial. As an Eagles fan I want to FEEL the need to improve my pass rush, or maybe my secondary. I don't want to get to 5 straight SuperBowls with any team I play with on All-Madden. I'm a very sim gamer, I don't even hot route vs the CPU lol. I also use the hardest sliders that someone came out with for M25.

Basically, I just want to feel the challenge of having weak areas on my team, and also the reward of FEELING the upgrade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #6
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

I use the xp to create role players and spend the points as I get them. I want that 67 ovr DE to have a 90+ power move by the end of the season, then next year I can focus on getting his finesse move to 90+, then by season 3 work on making him a complete player. Or I get my athletic back up FS's Man Coverage up to 90 so I can sub him in on man cover plays. It's important to have players on your team that excel in one area and can come in and do one job really really well.

I don't see the point in waiting until the end of the season to spend points except for elite players who have 90+ ratings across the board. It's more important to increase ratings during the season and eliminate weaknesses on your team so you can have your guys ready for a playoff run.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #7
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

That adds a nice presence to the game, role players huh? Never thought about that. I guess it would be nice to bring in a HB that is only built to hold the rock, and get a yard if needed. Maybe a DE that comes in on passing downs, to get to the QB. Possibly an athletic backer that can drop back in coverage. Thanks.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:16 PM   #8
Rookie

fightingirish595's Arena

i usually progress my players in pre season of week 1, and focuson awareness, play recognition and whatever attributes effect their play style. so if i like my corners to be good in man, ill never touch the zone coverage. ill focus on man coverage and press

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »