Home

Madden 15 Where? When? Thread

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Where? When? Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 11:55 AM   #401
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden 15 early release

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Some of you guys are like Morgan Freeman's character in Shawshank Redemption. You can get your hands on anything at anytime. You have the hookup. Who do I need to pay to be Andy Dufrane? lol. Seriously I would pay extra to get my hands on early copies of titles. I'm an impatient S.O.B. Yeah that's right. I'm the dude that orders something online for 15.00 then pays another 18.50 to get it overnighted lol.

Hook a brotha up... you cant see my face right now but I have serious puppy dog eyes going on. Just take my word for it.
I enjoy reading the excitement in this thread year after year. The way I would expect most get it is by befriending a local mom / pop shop. This year the game was sent out 2 weeks prior and in enough time for all distributors and retail shops to have quantity on hand by release.

Most mom and pop shops will break the street date by doing a cash transaction and not ringing up the sale before the street date. Very few larger companies will willingly break a street date, even though I cant remember the last time one was fined. I know a few stores accidently process sales early, but with more and more POS systems in place to prevent that, its gone down drastically.

TLDR: Make friends with a mom and pop shop.

and PS....same store in Orlando that breaks the street date is doing it again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 11:58 AM   #402
Rookie

OVR: 0

is any one else scared to do the early release , either with ea or a mom and pop. The only reason I ask is because of no demo. EA has done it in the past with games that ended being bad. cough (nba live ) cough.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:03 PM   #403
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
I enjoy reading the excitement in this thread year after year. The way I would expect most get it is by befriending a local mom / pop shop. This year the game was sent out 2 weeks prior and in enough time for all distributors and retail shops to have quantity on hand by release.

Most mom and pop shops will break the street date by doing a cash transaction and not ringing up the sale before the street date. Very few larger companies will willingly break a street date, even though I cant remember the last time one was fined. I know a few stores accidently process sales early, but with more and more POS systems in place to prevent that, its gone down drastically.

TLDR: Make friends with a mom and pop shop.

and PS....same store in Orlando that breaks the street date is doing it again

Yeah. The only non mom and pop I was ever able to get to break a street date was Comp USA with one of the old NCAAs. Best Buy broke it last yea for me with NBA Live but that was only because it was ps4 launch day and they cashier thought every game they put out was available for sale.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:08 PM   #404
Is it March yet?

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

The Sportsdude10 contacted me back on Ebay. Said he has them in hand and can ship within the hour after payment is received.

Said he needs significantly higher than current auction bid of $202 for him to sell today. Told him thanks but no thanks. Others will have it this week for considerably less and that come Thursday EA Access will be out for those with Xbox One.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 08-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #405
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The Sportsdude10 contacted me back on Ebay. Said he has them in hand and can ship within the hour after payment is received.

Said he needs significantly higher than current auction bid of $202 for him to sell today. Told him thanks but no thanks. Others will have it this week for considerably less and that come Thursday EA Access will be out for those with Xbox One.
Be wary. He sounds very much like a scammer. I don't think he has the games in hand. If you'll notice, the auction is timed to end Thursday night/Friday morning. From there it's an easy scam:

Handling time 1 day (meaning Saturday shipment)
Ship Saturday evening (won't go out until Monday)
Arrive Tuesday, at earliest

Even if he ships first thing AM Saturday, the earliest possible is Monday.

He's either banking on a local hookup releasing the game on Friday, or he's outright scamming.

Coupled with one feedback?

"A fool and his money are soon parted."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 12:16 PM   #406
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

if anyone finds any luck in west michigan please pm me. I'll give a look around Grand Rapids myself
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 08-18-2014, 12:19 PM   #407
Is it March yet?

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

He responded by telling me I'm "stupid" for passing up his offer. Nobody will have it available this week for less than $200.

Told me if I really wanted it, I would pay, but he guesses I don't want it that bad.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 08-18-2014, 12:25 PM   #408
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

He responded by telling me I'm "stupid" for passing up his offer. Nobody will have it available this week for less than $200.

Told me if I really wanted it, I would pay, but he guesses I don't want it that bad.

He told me $250 for overnight shipping lol. Told him i will pay 80-120 and said my offer is insulting lmao
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »