Home

Which console's online community is better?

This is a discussion on Which console's online community is better? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2014, 05:21 AM   #1
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0
Which console's online community is better?

I realize this is a subjective question, but which console has the stronger Madden presence? (Not talking sales numbers, just experiences of other users).

I was on the PS3 and found that more Madden leagues were found on the 360 than the PS3. I wasn't left out but selection was more limited.

The time has come for me to get a new console (i.e. a new Madden is coming out) and Madden is the reason why- but which one??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 09:19 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Which console's online community is better?

That's a great question rk.

The most current data says though that PS:4 sales are double XB:1 sales or 10million PS to 5million Xbox.

Dunno if that helps.

I went PS:4 this go around.

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death"
-Dave Barry
Old 08-14-2014, 09:26 AM   #3
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

I think last Gen it was easy to say XBOX, party chat was better, and it improved communication. You could have 8 guys in a chat talking trades and trash talking.

I'll go with XB still though. The same guys will most likely carry over, chats are just as good, and I know last gen online play period was better for XB1.

As for sales, it's only because of the price, how many of those 5m are Madden players, then how many play online, then how many are up to doing an OCFM on either side? Who knows.

I found about 100 guys to do a OCFM, unfortunately it died because I started to in March lol.

It does seem though, that the online madden community from M10 to Madden 25 xb1 has dropped significantly. I remember going into lobbies on XB360 and lobbies Easy and West were always filled with people trying to play, you could challenge the top ranked guy in the room to a Ranked Game, now lobbies are useless because they're only for unranked match ups. Stupid.

Last edited by BreakingBad2013; 08-14-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:48 AM   #4
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

It's very subjective and you can only play in so many leagues at ONE time. lol

Yeah be with friends and leave numbers to the Corporations.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:57 AM   #5
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Bases on the sales numbers and my personal observation I believe the PS4 is king right now from a gaming and online community standpoint.

I have logged waaaayy too many Battlefield 4 hours and the PS4 crowd definitely dominates OS. The entire BF4 thread was PS4 guys talking about the game.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 10:03 AM   #6
Rookie

GingaNinjaUNC's Arena

I will echo the opinions above, go with what YOU like. I got caught up in the PS4 hype train and went over with a few of my friends, and was not blown away by the PS4 at all. Sure it has cool games, but not the games I wanted. Also, you have to remember that whichever you choose, it will simply not be as populated as the PS3/360 simply because it's 5/10mil versus 70+ mil consoles, and though people are coming over, there's still a very large amount of people playing on other consoles.

Personally though, I'd recommend the X1, having owned both I just get so much more out of the xbox. I mean, where else can you play football, and watch football at the same time?
Old 08-14-2014, 10:43 AM   #7
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Both communities will be strong this year. Go with the console you personally like better, if you had a PS3 last year did you like all the exclusive titles or where you a fan of Microsoft's? Which controller do you prefer? What do you all your friends play on? Don't buy a $400 console based just on one game, buy it based on your personal opinion of which is better.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #8
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Bases on the sales numbers and my personal observation I believe the PS4 is king right now from a gaming and online community standpoint.

I have logged waaaayy too many Battlefield 4 hours and the PS4 crowd definitely dominates OS. The entire BF4 thread was PS4 guys talking about the game.
We're talking about a Madden Presence not BF4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »