Home

Old 08-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #121
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL Videos Day 2

The cpu vs cpu games are not impressive to me. Manning was perfect against the Niners and Kaep looked bad. I've seen similar with some of the other vids as well. It looks like ps3 versions where cpu "robo" qb would kick in and the cpu never misses a pass or they are on a "cold" streak and can't hit the broad side of a barn for no reason.

The pats/car vid was scary too. The passes were deadly accurate but the users were bad. If that game was played by a pair of tourney guys it's classic madden where ever drive ends in points or a pick.

I just don't know. I do like the zoomed camera a lot and there are some nice moments. I liked seeing the pass tipped at the line in the pats/car. I don't remember ever seeing that in a madden before.

I see the improvements, but at the same time I see a lot of the same madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 05:35 PM   #122
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Added Texans at Colts to OP
Old 08-17-2014, 06:08 PM   #123
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Added Texans at Colts to OP
Again, 1 pass that was inaccurate. Fitz was perfect on the day. Lucks 1 innacurrate pass happened on his second drive. Not pressured, not hit, he just missed. I'm fine with that except two plays later he rolls to his right and hauls off and blindly whips it all the way back to the left hitting his man right on the numbers.

The inaccuracies aren't frequent enough and don't happen when they really should. At least not for the cpu.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #124
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Again, 1 pass that was inaccurate. Fitz was perfect on the day. Lucks 1 innacurrate pass happened on his second drive. Not pressured, not hit, he just missed. I'm fine with that except two plays later he rolls to his right and hauls off and blindly whips it all the way back to the left hitting his man right on the numbers.

The inaccuracies aren't frequent enough and don't happen when they really should. At least not for the cpu.
This is something that I have noticed as well...and what bothers me is these guys will throw 1 inaccurate pass,or the cpu will do the same,and these guys will say "see inaccurate passes are in the game"...

I'm also not seeing alot of this "improved defense" either...it seems like crossing routes are pretty much money...so that would also lend itself to open slants as well.

The only hope I have is that since I only play offline CFM,this stuff can be corrected by slider adjustments....providing they work better this year.

My last issue,is the lack of penalties....I have read on the forum here that folks are sick of the penalties in the preseason games,and while I admit there have been LOTS of penalties....but the constant I heard is "simulation"....that is what EA has been touting.

While there are some things that have looked improved,I don't believe that you can tout "simulation" when penalties don't even work properly.

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert
Old 08-17-2014, 06:35 PM   #125
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

This is a football concepts skills trainer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArPE...-u_HIiimcYQOMA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 06:58 PM   #126
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
This is a football concepts skills trainer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArPE...-u_HIiimcYQOMA
This guys reads are awful. lol
Old 08-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #127
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19

Just finished watching the cpu v. cpu Niners Broncos game and there is a lot to like.

Presentation and commentary are on and relevant to what is happening at that point in the game. Graphics are beautiful, some players look amazing (Kapernick).

There were a couple of areas that could have improved, Niners took a little long to get into a hurry up offense down 10 late, but they eventually did. Also liked that Manning didn't scramble, but Kapernick did.

DB play still has that weird jumping deflection and momentum taking them back to the original l.o.s. while the receiver keeps running his route on the first offensive series for the 49ers.

Also special teams looks pretty boring.

Really looks great though and I'm planning on picking this up for the first time in years.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:42 PM   #128
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Added Cowboys at Saints to OP

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »