Home

Has xbox one madden 15 graphics closer to ps4?

This is a discussion on Has xbox one madden 15 graphics closer to ps4? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #105
Rookie

Bronco Billy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Has xbox one madden 15 graphics closer to ps4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
Ok just got my copy of PS4
Looking forward to your opinion (and others) on which is graphically superior before I make my final choice and pick it up tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #106
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoye
I didnt say that 1080p is the end all of the argument but one guy was saying how BF was clearer on PS4. Getting great IQ in a game is thanks to resolution on mostly thats all. And yes I know the PS4 is stronger but to show it decs have to show it. Exclusives will look great on both consoles some multiplays may look better but all in all they look the same. I highly doubt madden is one of those games that shows such drastic differences and it doesnt. Even a game like 2K that is still a better looking game than madden looks identical on PS4 and X1 regardless the horsepower difference.

Yes the power difference between consoles is actually the difference between 1080/900p or a few post processing effects...

That 30-40% number is the gpu only. The rest of the components are either the same or add to the complexity too much to compare (edram)
Old 08-25-2014, 12:17 PM   #107
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Billy
Looking forward to your opinion (and others) on which is graphically superior before I make my final choice and pick it up tomorrow.
On his twitch he stated that he can't tell any difference in graphics.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:05 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
I have early access on Xbox 1 and retail on PS4. The Xbox version appears to be running at a lower frame rate, overall not as crisp, and the lighting isn't near as good which makes it look flatter and not as 3D. To me and my best friend, there's a significant difference. Just my impressions. As always, YMMV.

I don't see any difference. It's minute if there is one. I am not having any framrate issues on X1, smooth as silk.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:28 PM   #109
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

I got both versions and last year i had the ps4 version first and when I played the xb1 version I immediately noticed that it was not as good as PS4

I played xb1 version first with EA access for Madden 15 and today bought PS4 disc version and saw no difference at all.

The frame rate was smooth on both and jaggies were non existent on XB1 version like last year

The biggest issue last year with XB1 was the gamma crush which lost details and this year that is fixed.

Due to the higher contrast that XB1 is known for the colors pop a bit more on xb1 but not by much as PS4 version has excellent color rendition

What comes down to me is that the XB1 controller is just superior then DS4 for Madden and that is about it

But with kontrol freeks the DS4 is now as good as XB1 controller.

Those babies are sweet
Old 08-25-2014, 08:51 PM   #110
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

Played all 6 hrs of ea access madden 15 on xbox 1, got the ps4 copy today. Last gen I was a 360 first guy on all 3rd party games, this gen, including Madden 25, I have been ps4 first ( I never played madden 25 on xbox 1 ) My honest opinion, the xbox 1 colors pop more, I think the grass looked better on xbox one. I played at lambeau today 1 pm start first to double check, and that's just my true feelings on it. It's not enough to warrant switching to the xbox version IMO, ps4 screenshot and video capabilities are great, and even more importantly, I like the feel of ps4's controller much better when playing madden 15, I feel like there is too much play with the xbox ones sticks, too much dead zone. Ps4 feels more responsive. Either way, feel great about picking up madden 15 for either console, if you're like me and have both, I have to give ps4 the edge.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:07 PM   #111
MVP

I actually like the higher contrast in the XB1 versions of games. I like my games with more color. But are the PS4 version color's dull this year? or just not as popped out like XB1?

Responsiveness a slight edge to PS4 or pretty much the same?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 09:11 PM   #112
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Played all 6 hrs of ea access madden 15 on xbox 1, got the ps4 copy today. Last gen I was a 360 first guy on all 3rd party games, this gen, including Madden 25, I have been ps4 first ( I never played madden 25 on xbox 1 ) My honest opinion, the xbox 1 colors pop more, I think the grass looked better on xbox one. I played at lambeau today 1 pm start first to double check, and that's just my true feelings on it. It's not enough to warrant switching to the xbox version IMO, ps4 screenshot and video capabilities are great, and even more importantly, I like the feel of ps4's controller much better when playing madden 15, I feel like there is too much play with the xbox ones sticks, too much dead zone. Ps4 feels more responsive. Either way, feel great about picking up madden 15 for either console, if you're like me and have both, I have to give ps4 the edge.
Curious to know if you're updating your controller?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »