Home

Has xbox one madden 15 graphics closer to ps4?

This is a discussion on Has xbox one madden 15 graphics closer to ps4? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2014, 07:46 AM   #57
Rookie
 
Chronic Narnia's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2011
Re: Has xbox one madden 15 graphics closer to ps4?

Nada updates from anyone?
Chronic Narnia is offline  
Old 08-23-2014, 08:17 AM   #58
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Re: Has xbox one madden 15 graphics closer to ps4?

I liked the old days where if you had the superior machine, your version of a game didn't get held back for the sake of parity with the game on the lesser console.
FaceMask is offline  
Old 08-23-2014, 09:43 AM   #59
Banned
 
NYGiants4Natic's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Apr 2010
Re: Has xbox one madden 15 graphics closer to ps4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
I liked the old days where if you had the superior machine, your version of a game didn't get held back for the sake of parity with the game on the lesser console.
There is no superior console right now. Both machines have the same specs for the most part with PS4 having extra raw juice in some aspects

But devs can work with the tools given by MS to get as close to parity and in some cases parity with PS4

This is not Genesis vs Nintendo

Both of these machines are powerful
NYGiants4Natic is offline  
Old 08-23-2014, 09:46 AM   #60
Banned
 
NYGiants4Natic's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Apr 2010
Re: Has xbox one madden 15 graphics closer to ps4?

I got both xb1 and ps4 versions pre downloaded or the ps4 tomorrow but xb1 i got it pre downloaded and have been playing the xb1 ea access and if the ps4 somehow looks better then xb1 then they must have the greatest looking football game

XB1 version looks incredible

I will find out when i play both tuesday
NYGiants4Natic is offline  
Old 08-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #61
Pro
 
tgiordano's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: May 2003
Re: Has xbox one madden 15 graphics closer to ps4?

Has anyone played both yet and can give their console preference
tgiordano is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 03:30 PM   #62
Rookie
 
yoyoctw's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2003
Re: Has xbox one madden 15 graphics closer to ps4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
There is no superior console right now. Both machines have the same specs for the most part with PS4 having extra raw juice in some aspects

But devs can work with the tools given by MS to get as close to parity and in some cases parity with PS4

This is not Genesis vs Nintendo

Both of these machines are powerful
Actual specs are:

X1:
AMD Radeon 7790 GPU
1.31 Teraflops
12 CUs
768 Shaders / SPUs / ALUs
48 Texture units
16 ROPS
2 ACE/ 16 queues
8192mb DDR3 memory @ 68gb/s bandwidth (+ 32mb ESRAM @ 133-192 gb/s)

PS4:
AMD Radeon 7860 GPU
1.84 Teraflops
18 CUs
1152 Shaders / SPUs / ALUs
72 Texture units
32 ROPS
8 ACE/ 64 queues
8192mb GDDR5 memory @ 176gb/s bandwidth

Quite a bit a difference in power (about 40%). Now of course it's up to the developers to actual use it, but we have examples of games running at double the frame rate or even double the resolution on the PS4, and many examples of stuff in between. No example of a single multi platform game that performs better on the Xbox one.

Was about to just buy The Golf Club and noticed that runs at double the resolution on PS4 by the way for those interested. Doubt Madden is like that, but anyways let us know if you notice any difference. EA Sports is not known for pushing hardware so I doubt it but I'd be curious....
yoyoctw is offline  
Old 08-23-2014, 03:49 PM   #63
Banned
 
NYGiants4Natic's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Apr 2010
Re: Has xbox one madden 15 graphics closer to ps4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoctw
Actual specs are:

X1:
AMD Radeon 7790 GPU
1.31 Teraflops
12 CUs
768 Shaders / SPUs / ALUs
48 Texture units
16 ROPS
2 ACE/ 16 queues
8192mb DDR3 memory @ 68gb/s bandwidth (+ 32mb ESRAM @ 133-192 gb/s)

PS4:
AMD Radeon 7860 GPU
1.84 Teraflops
18 CUs
1152 Shaders / SPUs / ALUs
72 Texture units
32 ROPS
8 ACE/ 64 queues
8192mb GDDR5 memory @ 176gb/s bandwidth

Quite a bit a difference in power (about 40%). Now of course it's up to the developers to actual use it, but we have examples of games running at double the frame rate or even double the resolution on the PS4, and many examples of stuff in between. No example of a single multi platform game that performs better on the Xbox one.

Was about to just buy The Golf Club and noticed that runs at double the resolution on PS4 by the way for those interested. Doubt Madden is like that, but anyways let us know if you notice any difference. EA Sports is not known for pushing hardware so I doubt it but I'd be curious....

I never said there was no difference. No need to show me specs we have seen for a year plus now

You wont find me a multi plat game that looks 40% better on PS4

But this is about Madden so I will leave it at that
NYGiants4Natic is offline  
Old 08-23-2014, 04:11 PM   #64
Rookie
 
yoyoctw's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2003
Re: Has xbox one madden 15 graphics closer to ps4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
I never said there was no difference. No need to show me specs we have seen for a year plus now

You wont find me a multi plat game that looks 40% better on PS4

But this is about Madden so I will leave it at that
You said "There is no superior console right now. Both machines have the same specs for the most part." Which is why I showed you the specs, because what you said is not true.

Not sure what you mean by looking "40% better." If you upgraded your GPU in your PC to one that was 44% more powerful the best you could hope for is running all of 900P games now at 1080P at the same frame rate given the same assets (900p is 1,440,000 pixels, 1080p is 2,073,600 that's a difference of 633,600 = 44%). Many of examples of software acting this way on this generation of consoles. Some in fact even have double the frame rate or double the resolution, which is a difference of 100% technically speaking.

Either way let us know if you find anything. I'll also check digital foundry....
yoyoctw is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:45 AM.

Top -