Home

Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 05:58 PM   #129
Hall of Fame

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Because the sim guys know Madden doesn't play sim on default sliders. So they look to start tweaking immediately, so they get the experience they want. (Which sim is the best style anyways).

lol, Those "sim guys" are still tweaking Madden 25. I'm just saying.. Who knows if default is broken, if you don't start at default, and at least try it. That's all. I was just thinking out loud. To each his own..

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 08-18-2014, 06:27 PM   #130
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Guys -

This thread is for impressions of Madden NFL 15 from those who received / found the game early only. If you do not possess Madden NFL 15 - and most of you don't yet - you shouldn't be posting here.

Thanks for your continued cooperation.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:09 PM   #131
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
lol, Those "sim guys" are still tweaking Madden 25. I'm just saying.. Who knows if default is broken, if you don't start at default, and at least try it. That's all. I was just thinking out loud. To each his own..
I didn't touch a single setting for probably 4-5 full games.
When you get the game you can do whatever you want.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 07:38 PM   #132
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Final thoughts:

Overall I am loving the game and hope to have a real CFM started soon and I liked enough of what I seen to probably do an owner mode but we'll see.

I love the better presentation (Better not perfect) as well as the game looks gorgeous.
There are still some things not quite there yet and possibly sliders etc.. may help.
CPU running can be better. One minute they seem to know the holes and cuts and even bounce outside but then there's those times they run to a wall.

Passing I am really happy about. Many off throws just hitting the ground, QB's buying some time and sometimes running... but like running oddities there are times you'd think the QB could have gotten rid of the ball but didn't.

Since I have not gotten too deep yet in CFM I really can't give an honest impression on the ins and outs.
The main thing I know is weekly prep is more engaging and something I'll be few and far between simming, unlike M25.

Special teams have improved a tad buit not a great amount.
FG kicking, With the right accuracy setting you should see some misses.
I had it to low at one point and the CPU was kicking straight into the OL.
So yeah I raised it back up a few notches.

As shown in the one video I barely missing the accuracy "triangle" and shanked a FG kick to the right.

The CPU punting is a lot better with them actually punting to the corners now.
Where it fails is in the return game. Still no real feeling like they are surveying the field and making the right (or any) moves to break one.

So for me in a nut shell:
Certainly better than M25 overall but it still has many improvements needed like player awareness/intelligence and overall whole package of presentations (Weekly highlights etc..)

I want to feel like they are thinking on their feet and not going through the motions.
We're probably stuck with the current animation system for a while so I guess that is what it is.

So for me it's been and will continue to be a blast especially when I get my CFM going as well as the online league I'm in.

I don't think those that most of those that didn't like M25 (or before) will see enough to not totally go all in but I would hope they see enough promise to give these guys the credit I feel they deserve with this version.

Those that did like M25 will be very happy for sure.

With that I'm out and I hope I gave you some decent info these past few days.
It's all about me now lol

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Old 08-19-2014, 10:06 PM   #133
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Ok a few more thoughts:

Trying to get the running game better (And please remember this is early on) to where players seem to know what they are doing/seeing.
I switched to AM level and the CPU runs a lot better IMO. The problem is (and I've only played 2 full games on this level) the CPU QB at that level with acc at 0 was almost flawless in passing.
I can't have that so maybe I was just unlucky... I'll leave it at that for now.

So I'm hoping that was either a fluke or there's some setting we can get on Allpro to make running better.
And by better I mean more of cutting etc.. and not just running into players etc..

Now to the other comment on running.
I'm have yet to really see the great running we've been shown in videos ..AP jumping over a player on the ground and the quick cuts and what seemed like "Thinking/seeing" by the RB.

I see the D players making more swat attempt at balls they can't really intercept etc.. instead of always going into a catch animation,so that's good.
I've just not yet seen the type of stuff on O with RB's that stand out as something I haven't seen before.
Other than that one play where AP reversed field that I posted about nothing else has stood out.
I posted about that because it was an immediate noticeable action I wasn't used to seeing.

Not posting this to cause a stir but trying to be honest about what I've seen so far.

Re-watch the full game I posted and see what you think maybe. Could be I just got tired eyes by now lol

I am going to get another full game uploaded by tonight if all goes well.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Old 08-20-2014, 04:27 AM   #134
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Another little "glitch" I forgot to mention.
When doing a CPU VS CPU game the game will play in whatever camera you have setup in your settings it seems. (There's one for D and O camera).
Usually all CPU vs CPU games default to broadcast cam regardless of settings.
When I seen it was not doing it at the broadcast cam I paused the game and went to the camera setting, it said Broadcast cam..

So I quit the game and changed my cameras to broadcast and then started the CPU vs CPU game and it played in boadcast cam.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Old 08-20-2014, 09:52 AM   #135
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Ok a few more thoughts:

Trying to get the running game better (And please remember this is early on) to where players seem to know what they are doing/seeing.
I switched to AM level and the CPU runs a lot better IMO. The problem is (and I've only played 2 full games on this level) the CPU QB at that level with acc at 0 was almost flawless in passing.
I can't have that so maybe I was just unlucky... I'll leave it at that for now.

So I'm hoping that was either a fluke or there's some setting we can get on Allpro to make running better.
And by better I mean more of cutting etc.. and not just running into players etc..

Now to the other comment on running.
I'm have yet to really see the great running we've been shown in videos ..AP jumping over a player on the ground and the quick cuts and what seemed like "Thinking/seeing" by the RB.

I see the D players making more swat attempt at balls they can't really intercept etc.. instead of always going into a catch animation,so that's good.
I've just not yet seen the type of stuff on O with RB's that stand out as something I haven't seen before.
Other than that one play where AP reversed field that I posted about nothing else has stood out.
I posted about that because it was an immediate noticeable action I wasn't used to seeing.

Not posting this to cause a stir but trying to be honest about what I've seen so far.

Re-watch the full game I posted and see what you think maybe. Could be I just got tired eyes by now lol

I am going to get another full game uploaded by tonight if all goes well.

And the very next game (Will upload soon) I see a RB jump over (or try too) a pile...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 10:51 AM   #136
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »