Home

Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 09:53 AM   #241
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I don't understand why in a 4 or 5 WR set in the patriots play book I only have 2 or 3 WR lined up. It has either a rb and te or 2 te as well. If formation subs don't stick from game to game (haven't played cfm yet) I will be pretty bummed out. I look at my depth chart and it lists WRs as 1-6.

It's that way on purpose in the patriots play book specifically. It was that way last year too. It's to keep two TE's in the game more so you can run a hurry up no huddle out of more formations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 10:02 AM   #242
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
It's that way on purpose in the patriots play book specifically. It was that way last year too. It's to keep two TE's in the game more so you can run a hurry up no huddle out of more formations.

Last year I would run the last shotgun formation (forgot the name) and it ahd 5 WR in the set. If I ran the second to last shotgun formation it had 4 WR and a TE off the line.

There were only a few formations in Shotgun packages that had two TEs
Old 08-22-2014, 10:07 AM   #243
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Last year I would run the last shotgun formation (forgot the name) and it ahd 5 WR in the set. If I ran the second to last shotgun formation it had 4 WR and a TE off the line.

There were only a few formations in Shotgun packages that had two TEs

You could be right. I used that playbook most of madden 25 so I know what you mean. It was different from. 360 to xbox1 so maybe they changed it more. You can just change the package to 5 wide. I know that's not the same as saved formation subs. It's really stupid that they left out formation subs that are outside of gameplay yet again.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:33 AM   #244
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

I played a quick half with Seattle/Carolina last night while it was installing still, and I was quickly impressed. This morning before work, I got up a bit early to get a full game in. Played with my Phins, against the Titans. Absolutely loved it. The visuals are awesome. New player models look good. Control of players seems different, and I like it. Love the addition of the Tempo settings like NCAA had so you can go no huddle, or chew clock etc. Enjoying the new defensive controls, taking a bit to get used to. I'd like to do the skills training stuff, but I don't want to waste my 6 hour trial time doing that stuff. I had some innaccurate passes with Tannehill. A couple behind WR's, one slant that was way overthrown and landed about 15 yards over the WR's head. It was really good to see. Locker for the Titans had a few missed passes too.

All in all, I'm impressed initially. It still has that Madden feel to it, but its a different Madden feel this time.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:45 AM   #245
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Guys just as a reminder as more folks with the game trickle in today, plus those with EA Access.

This thread is for IMPRESSIONS ONLY. If you have any questions for these guys please use Q&A Thread, so we can keep this clean with only impressions.

Thank You

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 10:54 AM   #246
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeeeeeez
Am I the only one who feels like they have no control over the ball carrier ?
Please explain

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2014, 10:57 AM   #247
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quick Impressions: This game looks good! I like what I see so far from the line play, I haven't played with a dominant defensive line player yet, but it's been good for the players I've used. Plus, I'm really digging the camera angles and being able to switch back and forth. So far, so good.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:12 AM   #248
Banned

OVR: 0

Just wondering if other people are experiencing the same thing...Whenever I press RT to pull up the play art on the field there's a bit of lag in between when I press it and when it pops up. Nothing that kills the experience, just slightly annoying to me...I like for things to be fluid and react when I press buttons.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »