Home

Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #249
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat8675
Just wondering if other people are experiencing the same thing...Whenever I press RT to pull up the play art on the field there's a bit of lag in between when I press it and when it pops up. Nothing that kills the experience, just slightly annoying to me...I like for things to be fluid and react when I press buttons.
I guess that I should also mention my impressions of the game...Lots of fun! Especially the new camera angles on Defense. I used to play either SS or just SuperSim the defense. I think I may have enjoyed playing Defensive Line more than anything else in the game last night.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:19 AM   #250
Rookie

GingaNinjaUNC's Arena

OVR: 0

Played one game last night before I shut it down until Sunday to save my hours. Got to say it was one of the best experiences I have had with Madden in recent memory. It played really well and I actually got TROUNCED on All-Pro (28-12 in the Seahawks/Panthes game, me playing as the Panthers).

The defensive camera is so awesome, but I am so so bad with it. However, when I would read a run and shoot the gap with Kuechly for a quick tackle I felt like the man lol.

Good thing I picked up the golf club this week because there is no way I can go back to M25 now!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:24 AM   #251
Rookie

iNolaNightmare's Arena

OVR: 1

Anyone else think the wrinkles can be a tad too much at times?

I dunno. Overall, I really like it. But I LOATHE the play calling menu. That's my main gripe. My other complaints are getting the saints number colors wrong on the black jerseys (Supposed to be gold, in madden it's bronze/brown) and way too many calls out of the pistol formation for the CPU and suggestions for the user.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 10:32 AM   #252
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Here are my impressions so far
-I played a couple of play now games, an online ranked match, a user v cpu cfm game, and a user v user cfm game. I also messed with sliders some. I used AM for every game except the rank online game.

The Good:
-It's fun
-They toned down the amount of int's thrown by the user and cpu to a more realistic level
-cpu coverage is improved for sure. There were much tighter windows to pass in.
-Cpu pass rush is good. I felt a realistic pressure most pass plays.
-I had a tough time running against the CPU
-The cpu run game was really good. almost too good.
-Kicking and punting is more challenging.
-For the user the new passing accuracy tuning was good. I like that it's not 100% accurate or 10 feet off.
-everything felt smooth. It's not as clunky as Madden 25.
-I like the presentation. It's not too long so I won't just click though it. Most things did a pretty good job of helping with immersion
-The wind direction is fixed!
-crowd's sound great.
-sliders seemed to work. penalty sliders didn't seem to impact gameplay as I changed them. I haven't test all the sliders but, the ones I changed impacted the game correctly.
-I thought CPU playcalling was the best it's ever been.
-I love the ability to change camera angles during the game.
-I like the new tackling of using the A button to wrap up.
-I still am getting used the the new pass rush buttons but, it felt good by my last couple of games.

The Bad
-Obviously there are still legacy issues but, they admitted what was fixed and what wasn't so there is no point in talking about things that they said wasn't fixed yet.

-I don't like the new play call interface. It works good for calling suggestions. I even like the extra info when using that play call method. For calling plays the traditional way, by using call by formation, it's much worse than Madden 25 IMO. It's just harder to find the play you want. I also had to change the button order to traditional because I kept calling the wrong play based on the order of the button press. It's not the worst thing in the world though. I have adjusted to new play calling screens before. this will be no different.

-The accuracy adjustment did not work the same for the CPU qb. They are as robo accurate as ever on default sliders. I'm sure it's because of the boost that AM and AP give the CPU but, still it's crazy that they left is so unrealistic. I think they think if it's a challenge then that's a good thing. I think most want a realistic challenge. I didn't have time to test anything other than AM so maybe other difficulties are better with this.

-Although sliders work they still aren't as sensitive as I would like. puting accuracy at 5 made a difference for sure. puting cpu pass block at 5 was a noticeable difference too. I just wish it made more of a difference. If they would just give us complete slider control we could really make a game shine.

Overall: I really like this game so far. It seems like a solid football game. Is it a total simulation? No. I knew it wouldn't be. I do feel they are going more in that direction.

It's still going to be Madden. If you don't like Madden you won't feel any different this time. If you like Madden then this might be one of the best versions. For guys wanting Madden to be another football game I think you will never get what you want.

With the right slider tweaks and playing the game in a realistic manner this will be a solid game IMO.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:33 AM   #253
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Played for a little over an hour last night (EA early access verison XB1) and I must say the game looks beautiful. Im eventually going to get the PS4 version but I enjoyed what I saw so far from the XB1 version. I didnt really play much of Madden 25 so I am very rusty. My running game still stinks!!

I choose Pro and I still had a good challenge. I was the Jets playing the Pats and only played 3 quarters and the game was really close. I did enjoy defense a lot more this year than in years past. And the camera angles you can cycle through are just awesome. The one thing that I liked in the Xbox one version was how the XB1 recorded my TD automatically. Im not sure if this feature is available on the PS4 version but it was nice to see none the less. The only other game that I saw recorded clips automatically was Max and the Curse of Brotherhood. Good feature IMO.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-22-2014, 10:46 AM   #254
Rookie

OVR: 2

Audio needs such a huge upgrade. I really hope that there's a patch so we can use custom stadium sounds with the new systems supporting mp3 soon. I don't care to hear Thunderstruck every kickoff. It's such a small thing but after however many Madden games it's been there, it's gotten old so fast. I'm amazed they decided to keep it in. Please EA, patch in custom stadium sounds or at least bring it in for 16. It adds so much to the game. I spent 3 hours putting customs sounds into 2K13 for every team for an Association, and it added so much as no 2 arenas were the same.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:50 AM   #255
Banned

OVR: 7

- played an online match. He won 20 to 13 and it was a fair game.
- your CPU actually play defense online this year
- protect the sticks as well as the other settings (underneath, overtop) actually work
- screen play cheese is easily stopped. My Linebackers snuffed out many
- they weren't lying when they said your dbs will cover the flats.
- the playing is cool if you know what you want to do. I like "Concepts"
- max protect works
- QB sneak is drastically changed. Its basically a huge slow moving pile so no more 1 yard sneak cheese.

Note: I HATE playing online matches. So Madden did something right here

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 10:50 AM   #256
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavsFanSteve
Audio needs such a huge upgrade. I really hope that there's a patch so we can use custom stadium sounds with the new systems supporting mp3 soon. I don't care to hear Thunderstruck every kickoff. It's such a small thing but after however many Madden games it's been there, it's gotten old so fast. I'm amazed they decided to keep it in. Please EA, patch in custom stadium sounds or at least bring it in for 16. It adds so much to the game. I spent 3 hours putting customs sounds into 2K13 for every team for an Association, and it added so much as no 2 arenas were the same.
So they just need different songs. It's not that the audio needs a huge upgrade.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »