Home

Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 03:59 PM   #289
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy184
My initial impression is that if this is the game that is released on Tuesday then it is totally broke. The Sim stats are ridiculously wrong and that in turn makes for CPU roster moves 1-4 years into your CFM that will make the NFL rosters as we know them unrecognizable. For instance 2 years in Philip Rivers should not be the 3rd string QB for the Packers. HOW DOES THIS GET BY THE GAME TESTING SECTION. It is pathetic. I will not be buying this broken product until it is fixed

I do agree about the sim stats and player progress in offline single player CFM being broken. And the cpu roster management in general. it would also affect an online CFM but, normally those have 32 users so the user controls the things that would be messed up so it wouldn't be messed up.

That doesn't mean the entire game is "totally broke". In order for the game to be totally broke, it would mean it couldn't start, you couldn't play any game mode or something to that nature. It's fine to point things out that are not working right but, I don't think it's necessary or helpful to go to extremes to prove a point.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:00 PM   #290
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
CPU controlled or Human.? Ive thrown some inaccurate passes on AP with Brady. Most CPU QBs are 70-80% and they arent even elite QBs. Havent touched sliders yet
CPU controlled.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:21 PM   #291
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
My initial impression is that if this is the game that is released on Tuesday then it is totally broke. The Sim stats are ridiculously wrong and that in turn makes for CPU roster moves 1-4 years into your CFM that will make the NFL rosters as we know them unrecognizable. For instance 2 years in Philip Rivers should not be the 3rd string QB for the Packers. HOW DOES THIS GET BY THE GAME TESTING SECTION. It is pathetic. I will not be buying this broken product until it is fixed
Quote:
A side note that might amuse you.....same set of simulations,year 2 or 3 in my CFM, Ben Rothlesberger was the 3rd string QB for the 49ers. UNACCEPTABLE......I refuse to buy this game until this is fixed
Got it, its broke and you are not buying it.........Now, when I'm reading impressions of the soon to be released game in this thread, I shouldn't come across multiple posts of you declaring you are not buying it anymore....right? I'm pretty good at comprehension and understood it the first time you said it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 04:40 PM   #292
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I do agree about the sim stats and player progress in offline single player CFM being broken. And the cpu roster management in general. it would also affect an online CFM but, normally those have 32 users so the user controls the things that would be messed up so it wouldn't be messed up.

That doesn't mean the entire game is "totally broke". In order for the game to be totally broke, it would mean it couldn't start, you couldn't play any game mode or something to that nature. It's fine to point things out that are not working right but, I don't think it's necessary or helpful to go to extremes to prove a point.
I respect your opinion because you put together an awesome set of sliders and you are right the game is not totally broke. But, for someone like me that expects the game to somewhat resemble what today's NFL looks like.....the game is broken so bad that is unplayable. Have you tried simming 2-5 years into a CFM yet? You will be amazed at the roster turnover and OVR ratings for the NFL's top QB's. Also, most normal online CFMs don't have 32 users.....they have 6-10. I just can't believe that this got through testing. I had such high hopes for this game and they are crushed before it is even released.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:43 PM   #293
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Got it, its broke and you are not buying it.........Now, when I'm reading impressions of the soon to be released game in this thread, I shouldn't come across multiple posts of you declaring you are not buying it anymore....right? I'm pretty good at comprehension and understood it the first time you said it.
Looks like you'll need to see it at least one or two more.

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 08-22-2014, 05:12 PM   #294
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
I respect your opinion because you put together an awesome set of sliders and you are right the game is not totally broke. But, for someone like me that expects the game to somewhat resemble what today's NFL looks like.....the game is broken so bad that is unplayable. Have you tried simming 2-5 years into a CFM yet? You will be amazed at the roster turnover and OVR ratings for the NFL's top QB's. Also, most normal online CFMs don't have 32 users.....they have 6-10. I just can't believe that this got through testing. I had such high hopes for this game and they are crushed before it is even released.

like I said I agree with you about the part that is broken/not working. I was making a point that it's just one part of the game. It doesn' affect:Play Now, MUT, Online ranked/unranked games, the gaunlet, online 32 user team cfm.

The problems your saying need to be fixed ASAP via patch, if they can be. I can't believe this made it through testing either. I just don't think much time is spent testing this. Most time is spend on online parts. I feel bad for the offline cfm guys. 32 team control might be the only fix. That still doesn't fix sim stat's though.

Hopefully they fix it. I won't hold my breath though. lol
Old 08-22-2014, 05:12 PM   #295
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I don't understand why in a 4 or 5 WR set in the patriots play book I only have 2 or 3 WR lined up. It has either a rb and te or 2 te as well. If formation subs don't stick from game to game (haven't played cfm yet) I will be pretty bummed out. I look at my depth chart and it lists WRs as 1-6.

On a 5 wide set the pats will have lafell, Edelman, dola, Gronk, and Vereen.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #296
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
On a 5 wide set the pats will have lafell, Edelman, dola, Gronk, and Vereen.
By default it was a little different from last year, but then I started messing with sub packages. Though if it says 5 wide they should have an option for 5 WR (Thompkins, Boyce)

Also, for the one set with two TE out wide.. last year they had the formation that included the TE Shake play with Gronk on the Shake Route...This year it had Williams on that route and Gronk running something else
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »