Home

Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 01:33 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiq xDoDx
I started playing this weekend on All Pro. I usually start on AP and then move up or simply adjust the sliders for my personal cfm to coincide with that of the online ccm that I am in. I wasn't throwing into triple or even double coverage when the ints. I have only seen 1-2 tipped balls/deflections to this point, just lots of picks by the cpu. I have fumbled the ball away 4 times as well. Lol

On the flip side my defense has only forced 1 int and 2 fumbles. I know that sliders will help alot, but just curious what other people are experiencing. I have seen some qbs that were cpu controlled with errant passes. Flacco had several when we played. However Tolzien had several accuracy ratings in the 70's and lit my secondary up.
I'm running into the exact same thing with INTs on default All-Pro. Played Pats/Dolphins with NE and Brady threw 4 INTs -- and I wasn't, like you, throwing into triple or double coverage either. Haven't run into the fumbling, but I'm definitely going to have to fine-tune that.

Defensively All-Pro feels pretty good to me right now...it's just about right, since Pro was too easy to shut the CPU down. Running feels fine too. It's the passing offense -- specifically the CPU picks -- on All-Pro that doesn't feel entirely balanced.

Last edited by phantomfriar; 08-24-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #402
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Love how tight the passing lanes are this year, I've practiced passing into the different coverages in the skills trainer for most of my six hour trial and I'm finally starting to come around.
Strictly from a gameplay perspective Madden provides the ultimate football chess match at this point.
Graphics, presentation, and "the little things" are also to notch.
Defense is fantastic!
The only down notes for me thus far have to do with the much advertised problems in CFM(I've yet to see them for myself, just going by what others have said), fix that and I can see me playing this game for a long long time.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:42 PM   #403
Rookie

warren123's Arena

OVR: 0

Picked up the game yesterday, my initial thoughts.

Presentation: Overall very good. The game looks good, the menus aren't clunky and everything seems a little bit easier to navigate through. MUT menus are much easier to go through as well.

Con: Playcall screen is horrendous. They want to cut out wasted time by not having the coin toss yet moving through a playbook is painful. You skip over formations and plays if you go too quick, there's so much up on the screen it's just very annoying to deal with. Would like an option to use the ones we've been using for ever.

Graphics: Very good, no problems with how everything looks. I'm one that's more for gameplay than how the grass looks though.

Gameplay: So far it's the usual adjustment period. Certain routes/runs work better/worse than last year so it's dissecting what works against what. Would like to see a little more time to set up things on defense than the offense being able to sprint to the line. We have a lot more things to do on offense and defense with adjustments. Haven't gotten a chance to test the db coverage shading and see how well it really works. In due time it will all become second nature setting things up.

Not much on specifics but I'm having fun. Gauntlet mode is a nice change of pace as well.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:27 PM   #404
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren123
Con: Playcall screen is horrendous.
I hated it at first, now it's grown on me, as I've become used to picking plays by every option available, and it makes it quick to switch between them.

To each their own obviously, and I absolutely hated it until this morning, and them something clicked, and now I get it. Of course i reserve the right to change my mind again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Love how tight the passing lanes are this year, I've practiced passing into the different coverages in the skills trainer for most of my six hour trial and I'm finally starting to come around.
Strictly from a gameplay perspective Madden provides the ultimate football chess match at this point.
Graphics, presentation, and "the little things" are also to notch.
Defense is fantastic!
The only down notes for me thus far have to do with the much advertised problems in CFM(I've yet to see them for myself, just going by what others have said), fix that and I can see me playing this game for a long long time.
Really have to anticipate the breaks in the routes this year, unless your guy is wide open. Precision passing is crucial as well imo.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:19 PM   #405
Oh Deer!

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Finally played the game today. Definitely a huge improvement. The defense is legit. Played Giants vs Jets and I couldnt really get my running game going but I stuck with it and it opened up the passing game a bit for me. The only issues I took away from my first play through is I felt passing inaccuracies need to happen a little more. I ended up putting the cpu accuracy meter at 35 and user at 45. I had more inaccuracies than the cpu. Geno smith was throwing pinpoint passes across his body off his back foot so I gotta find that sweet spot. Didnt like the new play call menu at all, but im sure it will grow on me. Players move with more weight to them. I can see them starting to implement some form of gang tackling, I saw legit 4 man pileups driven by physics. Never seen that in Madden before. All in all I think the game has improved, and its heading in the right direction. Alot left to work on. Ready to jump into cfm once week 1 rosters come out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 05:35 PM   #406
Rookie

OVR: 2

Not worth buying with the broken franchise mode...
Old 08-24-2014, 05:46 PM   #407
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakevin
Not worth buying with the broken franchise mode...
Worth every penny to me and I actually have the game.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Old 08-24-2014, 05:52 PM   #408
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Jack them penalty sliders to 100 and let us know if any more are called...please
in previous versions of madden penalty sliders had a way bigger affect on gameplay than on actual penalties....

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »