Home

Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 10:42 AM   #441
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

Seems like drags(especially when you can create a pick on that db) and slants are pretty money this year. Stopping the drag especially is a giant pain in the ***. Especially if your mlb is not super agile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #442
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
Graphics are superb in day games, but the night/dome games really need to be addressed in a patch soon. The field/players just need some illuminating. Night time NFL games are such a big part of the season, it'd be a shame for the Madden team to not be able to show off the graphics with the (seemingly) amazing lighting system they have in place. This is a glaring issue especially if you use the new all-22 cam, which is amazing imo.

Part of me thinks that's the reason why none of the showcased vids pre-release included night games, which would be disturbing because they'd be aware of the issue and would have no solution. I hope that's not the case, and hope it's just some glitch that triggers just like Rex said of the QB stances.
This. I love how night games look in sports in general.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #443
MVP

OVR: 21

My early impressions of the game:

Positives:
Graphics/Sound and presentation upgrades are nice.

Negatives:

Play call menu sucks.

Welcome back to a brand new 2008/2009.
It seems the ONLY way they can get the defense to "defend" with this engine is to make the defenders warp and react to the "Pass in the air event" so fast that it makes the defenders appear to be psychic. Some defenders are playing the WR's so tight in zone that they are actually making the WR's run in place trying to get around them.(No pass interference being called)(Play against Bobby Wagner for proof of this)

The WR's are also warping and sliding across the field a lot.

If a RB is doing that running with his head down animation you can forget trying to tackle him. That animation won't allow the defense to trigger a tackle animation. Your defender goes into the "OOP's I just got my socks juked off animation"

I have seen offensive linemen just not pass block anyone at all. Its like they are looking for someone in the 2nd level, totally ignoring the guy running right past them.

I have used the play inside pre-snap adjustment for my CB's and it don't matter. They still allow WR's to get inside position on them(slant routes). It seemed to work better in Madden 25.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #444
Rookie

OVR: 4

Overall I really like the game so far the players just feel like they have more weight to them. I also like a lot of the new animations for the Corners and linebackers knocking down passes. Last night I played a friend and it had like a vision cone on my players I never saw this vs CPU so thought it was interesting. I also love the new tempo features they have added really cool to set the game that you are no huddling and not have to press y. I also love the fact you can change plays like NCAA and chew clock being added is great. I can't wait till Tuesday looks to be one of the best Maddens in a while.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:52 AM   #445
MVP

OVR: 34

I have a theory on the man coverage which I'll go into, when I get a fair sample size. Could it be that you simply cannot get away with blanket, man-mirror 2 man under all over the field anymore?

Realistically, there are very few teams in the league that can get away with a just rolling all of their CBs in press-man consistently without getting ripped to shreds. Not many teams have 1 "shut down" CB, let alone 3 or 4...that's why they get paid a fortune. Most teams have to play a healthy dose of combo-coverages to scheme around their weak links in coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 12:01 PM   #446
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I have a theory on the man coverage which I'll go into, when I get a fair sample size. Could it be that you simply cannot get away with blanket, man-mirror 2 man under all over the field anymore?

Realistically, there are very few teams in the league that can get away with a just rolling all of their CBs in press-man consistently without getting ripped to shreds. Not many teams have 1 "shut down" CB, let alone 3 or 4...that's why they get paid a fortune. Most teams have to play a healthy dose of combo-coverages to scheme around their weak links in coverage.
I created a defense that included, Richard Sherman, Joe Haden, and Justin Gilbert, coudn't cover a bed on All-Madden, in Man, Zone, combination, blitzes nothing.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:06 PM   #447
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Been a few years since I wanted to pick up Madden but it seems pretty solid although not without its holes. The presentation has had a much needed makeover and there is a focused effort on the line and defense. I am also seeing some differences in QBs. WR/CB play do not impress and the running game feels oddly disjointed. Part of this maybe due to the collision and physics engine. It produces some good effects sometimes but other times I see guys just go limp and bounce around like a rag doll. Make you really appreciate the core simulation 2K had developed for their game a decade ago because in my mind, that is still the bar although this Madden comes closer than ever.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #448
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

Been playing the early access during the weekend on XB1 and now got my disc on PS4 and streaming live

http://www.twitch.tv/nygiants4natic

Bottom line this years Madden is a huge upgrade over last year and it is far more sim then we have grown to know from EA
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »