Home

Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #457
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I've gotten sacks from guys. Both user and cpu controlled. I've only played 10 games but it seems pretty equal for those 2.
Same here...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-25-2014, 06:41 PM   #458
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
For those having problems with Man, are just coming out in press the whole time? I only played the six hours but man didn't seem that bad to me, I rarely pressed

I found if I pressed with Green Bays corners against Seattle that they were getting beat like a drum. I didn't check the "matchup wheel" to see the mis matches as I can remember if you can do it on D. Anyways when I pressed Seattle at the line GB's corners were getting beat like they stole something. I would say if your corners aren't elite or don't match up well pressing is NOT gonna be the way to go. im gonne check it out further tomarrow. I for one cant wait I ran out of time on Sunday.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #459
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtics6
I know this is an impressions thread but just curious is there is a noticeable bump in graphics this year? I've been watching youtube vids and compared to madden 25 on ps4 i'm not seeing a huge bump like I'm reading. Maybe there are little details i'm missing though. It looks kind of the same though. Can someone who has played both madden 25 and this on ps4 comment on the graphics?

I don't know if the people saying the graphics look a lot better are coming from 360 or what. The main difference i've noticed is the camera isn't as zoomed out. madden 25 on ps4 was running at 60 fps and looked pretty damn good though. Maybe better lighting and more detail with the crowds and stuff like kaperknicks tatoos that's all i've noticed.
probably be better asking here....

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...thread-82.html
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #460
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Just played my first game. All Madden default. Used the Steelers and lost to the Giants 21-16. Both QBs threw 2 INTS. Ben was 67% and Eli was 75%.

Pros:

Graphics. Just an unbelievable looking game

Kicking game. The fact that wind has an effect is a huge plus.

Running game. Best ever in Madden. Lay off the sprint button, use the true step and burst into daylight. Really good feel to the running game.

Halftime Show. Better than I thought it would be but like to see more. Especially in dynasty mode. Scores and stats from other games would be great.

Physics. Huge improvement here. Fewer highlight reel hits and much better than than 13 and 25.

Presentation. Best ever in a Madden game. Stat overlays look slick, real time player reaction, mixed with decent commentary and great stadium atmosphere.

The thing that I like more than anything about Madden 15 is that you need to really read the defense before you snap the ball. Who's the Mike? Where is the blitz coming from? Are they disguising a coverage? What is my best matchup? Who is my first option and who is the checkdown? LOVE IT!

Cons:

Auto Subs I know it was only one game but Rashard Jennings went MIA in the 3rd quarter. Not injured. Just never saw the field. What is this? 3 or 4 straight years with this? Inexcuseable.

When the devs sit at the table and decide what they want to put in next years game, how about starting with the legacy issues that have been a problem for years and then work on the cute little back of the box phrases that marketing loves.

Passing Game This is basically a three part problem. Because it is a three part problem I highly doubt there is a slider combination that will remedy the situation. I know the zone coverage was worked on this year. The curl routes are no longer automatic and the CPU defenders do a great job covering anything beyond 10 yards, but the the problem is all of the wide open underneath routes that are too easy to complete for some of the worst QBs in the NFL.

I was always a believer that the CPU playcalling and CPU QB AI was the main reason for the higher completion percentages. From a passing standpoint, the game that I just finished resembled any game from M25, 13, 12, 11(post patch). The main reason for this was that the CPU threw 34 passes and only three of them were longer than 10 yards with the majority of the completions in the flats.

Watch the playcalling of the CPU. The majority of pass plays called are one of about 5 different variations of the Slant, Stick, HB Slip Screen, HB Angle, and/or Curl flats. If the CPU ends up in 3rd and long they will call one of the 4 or 5 different variations of the Verticles which usually results in a sack because the coverage is good and the CPU still doesn't know how to avoid a sack. I saw two off those off target passes that were talked about the last three months and they were all on passes that were over 15 yards.

Better coverage+Poor play calling+Awful CPU QB AI=Higher completion percentages and more sacks.

Remember Madden 11 before the patch? That was the last time a USER could assign custom playbooks to the CPU and it made a HUGE difference in game play. Bring that back with custom draft classes, throw in all of the PROS I listed and that'll be the best Madden ever.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #461
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Just played my first game. All Madden default. Used the Steelers and lost to the Giants 21-16. Both QBs threw 2 INTS. Ben was 67% and Eli was 75%.

Pros:

Graphics. Just an unbelievable looking game

Kicking game. The fact that wind has an effect is a huge plus.

Running game. Best ever in Madden. Lay off the sprint button, use the true step and burst into daylight. Really good feel to the running game.

Halftime Show. Better than I thought it would be but like to see more. Especially in dynasty mode. Scores and stats from other games would be great.

Physics. Huge improvement here. Fewer highlight reel hits and much better than than 13 and 25.

Presentation. Best ever in a Madden game. Stat overlays look slick, real time player reaction, mixed with decent commentary and great stadium atmosphere.

The thing that I like more than anything about Madden 15 is that you need to really read the defense before you snap the ball. Who's the Mike? Where is the blitz coming from? Are they disguising a coverage? What is my best matchup? Who is my first option and who is the checkdown? LOVE IT!

Cons:

Auto Subs I know it was only one game but Rashard Jennings went MIA in the 3rd quarter. Not injured. Just never saw the field. What is this? 3 or 4 straight years with this? Inexcuseable.

When the devs sit at the table and decide what they want to put in next years game, how about starting with the legacy issues that have been a problem for years and then work on the cute little back of the box phrases that marketing loves.

Passing Game This is basically a three part problem. Because it is a three part problem I highly doubt there is a slider combination that will remedy the situation. I know the zone coverage was worked on this year. The curl routes are no longer automatic and the CPU defenders do a great job covering anything beyond 10 yards, but the the problem is all of the wide open underneath routes that are too easy to complete for some of the worst QBs in the NFL.

I was always a believer that the CPU playcalling and CPU QB AI was the main reason for the higher completion percentages. From a passing standpoint, the game that I just finished resembled any game from M25, 13, 12, 11(post patch). The main reason for this was that the CPU threw 34 passes and only three of them were longer than 10 yards with the majority of the completions in the flats.

Watch the playcalling of the CPU. The majority of pass plays called are one of about 5 different variations of the Slant, Stick, HB Slip Screen, HB Angle, and/or Curl flats. If the CPU ends up in 3rd and long they will call one of the 4 or 5 different variations of the Verticles which usually results in a sack because the coverage is good and the CPU still doesn't know how to avoid a sack. I saw two off those off target passes that were talked about the last three months and they were all on passes that were over 15 yards.

Better coverage+Poor play calling+Awful CPU QB AI=Higher completion percentages and more sacks.

Remember Madden 11 before the patch? That was the last time a USER could assign custom playbooks to the CPU and it made a HUGE difference in game play. Bring that back with custom draft classes, throw in all of the PROS I listed and that'll be the best Madden ever.
I really like AM except the CPU passing % is too high. I think I'll fire it back up and give it a couple more games but if I can't get it to within reason I'll stick to AP (Which I'm all set settings wise for AP.. just need to decide whether to wait for opening day or start tonight)

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 08:11 PM   #462
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I really like AM except the CPU passing % is too high. I think I'll fire it back up and give it a couple more games but if I can't get it to within reason I'll stick to AP (Which I'm all set settings wise for AP.. just need to decide whether to wait for opening day or start tonight)
This is where Madden needs to look at the NCAA way of implementing difficulty option for offense and defense separately.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:50 PM   #463
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

After 3 games online on PS4. I'm in shock. While the game feels like madden, in another sense it feels really different.

I only play online play now and online franchise.

1st game online Browns(me) vs Seattle(him)

It was hard to tell if it was just Seattle or madden 25 defense being so great, but after my 2nd game it's def madden 25.

Johhny Football and Wilson missed throws. Some were way off others were just off the finger tips of outstretched arms. My favorite throws were completed, but because of being off the mark the wr couldn't catch them in stride.

It's definitely going to be a huge learning curve.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:23 PM   #464
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Last gen I was always quick to point out that no sports game really changed that much from one iteration to the next, but I finally have an example to point to now when people say that. Madden 15 looks so much better than 25 that it's crazy to me and totally unexpected. I really have to give it up to EA's graphics team. Hell of a job!

The gameplay is good as well. I can't wait for some of these slider gurus to get to work on their sets (not that I think the game needs that much tweaking).

Honestly, my only complaints are the sim stats which they're working on and that we can't edit in CFM. But I knew about that before purchasing so I can't complain too much about that. If they fix those two I will be in football gaming heaven for the first time in a long time.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »