Home

Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Out of the Park Baseball 23 Review: Newcomers Welcome
AEW: Fight Forever - New Gameplay Footage and Details
How to Fix The Rec in NBA 2K
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 02:14 AM   #473
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

Wow. Only have had time to play one dummy game against the CPU and one online game so far - but I'm actually pretty impressed. There are some issues in playing the CPU that haven't been ironed out yet, but I've never enjoyed playing online more.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:15 AM   #474
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Just finished a game. Defualt All-Madden Redskins vs Jaguars. You can guess who I was.

-First I HATE the playcalling interface. Really wish there was an option to go back to what I like. Playing defense and trying to call plays based on formation was a supremely frustrating. Then having to back out if I wanted to call just man 2 because I couldn't find it when using formations.

-Don't know about all modes but on All-Madden CPU knew when I called a fake punt as both times, they were in a fake punt defense. Both times I called fakes ball was deep in my territory a situation you wouldn't expect it in. Something to keep an eye on.

-Toby Gerhart ate me up. Mostly because I am still trying to learn the new controls. I couldn't get off blocks and overpursued on a couple of runs. But I did enjoy how he ran with a purpose. 13 carries 121 yards.

-New inaccurate throws are a game changer. Just nice to know that not every pass will be on the mark. Griffin missed some wide open throws. Frustrating but more inline with SIM game play. (Which means the Tourney guys will bitch and moan and it will probably be patched or "tuned").

-While playing on the dline is fun. I still need to get used to the controls as a LB. That said the new tackle mechanic out of the box felt good. I am pretty mindful of who I am trying to make a tackle with. Also, I knew almost instantly who the best player on the Jags defense was. Paul Poslunszny was involved in almost every running play. He was around the ball, and its nice to see that. He finished with 10 tkls 2 TFL.

-Passing: Man I am in love with this (so far). After a couple of rough series. I find myself actually going through my progressions pre-play and following them. This includes using my check down if I don't see anything. It actually feels like having to be competent in the passing game is a requirement. Its one game so this could all be placebo but I like that.

-Sadly, its still Madden as far as DB/WR interaction goes. I know that is on the list for next year but it is still highly frustrating to see DBs play the ball better in the air than WRs.

-Special teams still needs work. The blocking on returns is for lack of a better word incompetent. Running towards your lead blocker only to have him turn back towards you and let his guy make the tackle is so frustrating.

-Despite having a new coach Washington's offensive playbook remains largely unchanged from last year. That makes me sad.

So far and its one game. I already like this madden more than 25. Player models while not perfect are better and the changes to the uniform sleeves actually give it a "next-gen" feel. These are early impressions and I can't really say much until I have played against another user in a competitive situation, but the game presents some interesting challenges so far.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 08-26-2014 at 02:23 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:19 AM   #475
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Run blocking is terrible...for both sides. 32 carries with Forte for 80 yards. I literally saw offensive linemen let defenders run passed them and the offensive linemen simply stopped running on running plays.

I don't like how WRs literally get mugged on passing plays and no flag is thrown. I did see the WR swat the ball away from a DB a couple of times, that was nice. Linebackers IMO jump too high, Spikes had 8 deflections over the middle by himself. Despite that though I still managed to throw for 350 yards with Cutler with 46% pass completion. EJ Manuel was 78% for 188 yards.

To me, the human defensive line don't generate a pass rush on their own until the 4th quarter. That is something I noticed. CPU side however bring the heat all game long with their front 4.

The game does stutter at times during instant replay cut scenes.

Graphically the game is insane.

I messed up a couple of times on punts and ended up kicking 15 yard punts, LOL.

Game is definitely an improvement from Madden 25. Just has some quirks to it. Amazingly the play call menu didn't bother me after the 1st quarter, got use to it pretty fast.

I love the inaccurate throws.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 02:20 AM   #476
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

One issue I have witnessed on all-pro is CPU taking multiple sacks on HB screen plays. They really end to add a "throws at the feet of the RB animation"

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:23 AM   #477
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

The new play calling screen will grow on you Rich lol

After a while..

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Old 08-26-2014, 02:30 AM   #478
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Run blocking is terrible...for both sides. 32 carries with Forte for 80 yards. I literally saw offensive linemen let defenders run passed them and the offensive linemen simply stopped running on running plays.

I don't like how WRs literally get mugged on passing plays and no flag is thrown. I did see the WR swat the ball away from a DB a couple of times, that was nice. Linebackers IMO jump too high, Spikes had 8 deflections over the middle by himself. Despite that though I still managed to throw for 350 yards with Cutler with 46% pass completion. EJ Manuel was 78% for 188 yards.

To me, the human defensive line don't generate a pass rush on their own until the 4th quarter. That is something I noticed. CPU side however bring the heat all game long with their front 4.

The game does stutter at times during instant replay cut scenes.

Graphically the game is insane.

I messed up a couple of times on punts and ended up kicking 15 yard punts, LOL.

Game is definitely an improvement from Madden 25. Just has some quirks to it. Amazingly the play call menu didn't bother me after the 1st quarter, got use to it pretty fast.

I love the inaccurate throws.
Not seeing an issue with the run blocking and DL pressure.

AP ran all over me etc... in a game.

Have you made any slider changes? Just curious..

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Old 08-26-2014, 02:32 AM   #479
Pro

Indyboy180's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm rusty as hell. Throwed 4 picks with Stafford against the Giants. Then I did a game of Broncos vs Colts and was flawless as Peyton minus the one pick I threw when Tamme wasn't ready.

Will work on my passing more tomorrow.

Won 14-7 over the Colts with default clock setting for quickplay.

Feel like it would be higher scoring taking out the accelerated clock.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:33 AM   #480
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Not seeing an issue with the run blocking and DL pressure.

AP ran all over me etc... in a game.

Have you made any slider changes? Just curious..
Default sliders. Going to up the run blocking to see how it goes. But playing with the Bears against Bills, neither side could run the ball from default camera view. But when I switched to defensive camera view on defense, holes opened up for the CPU, it was weird.

I did it a few times through out the game. Regular cam, run game got shut down in the backfield 98% of the time. Defensive cam view, they were getting some gains.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »