Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #313
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
I don't understand why so many people are acting like this is the first time Madden has had bad sim stats.

Sim stats were skewed last year as well.

Sim a season of M25 and tell me how many QB's get over 30 TD's (if any), or what the TD/INT ratio's are.

If it wasn't a "pressing issue" to them over the last few years, they are not all of a sudden going to fix it with a patch just because we complained. We complained last year, there were numerous posts about sim results. Yet here it is with the same skewed results.

I don't think they know how to fix the sim engine, or they are intentionally skipping over it since they want to put their resources to developing other parts of the game code. Or making new uniforms, or practice modes, or whatever.

I think they got the sim engine to produce what they think is satisfactory. The fact of the matter is, this is what the sim engine is and has been. It is not going to change.

At least if history is an indication. I'd love to proven wrong.

But never, never in the ENTIRE last gen, were sim stats viewed as satisfactory by the OS community. I think our expectations of a sim engine that mirrors the real NFL is not what they feel most gamers expect. Most gamers probably don't care if sim stats are skewed year after year, and the Dev Team knows that. So they don't bother fixing it.
I think you're missing the true issue this year. Yes, other years stats have always been off in one way or another; however, based on the feedback of those who have simmed multiple seasons in cfm, the bad stats combined with the new cpu auto-calculation of xp vx. confidence are apparently impacting cpu QB regression to such a degree that good QB's are signficantly declining in 1-3 years such that they become 3rd stringers on other teams.

Put another way, what was once an irritation has now become something that fundamentally impacts cfm in a meaningful, tangible, way--and not for the better.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:31 PM   #314
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
I think you're missing the true issue this year. Yes, other years stats have always been off in one way or another; however, based on the feedback of those who have simmed multiple seasons in cfm, the bad stats combined with the new cpu auto-calculation of xp vx. confidence are apparently impacting cpu QB regression to such a degree that good QB's are signficantly declining in 1-3 years such that they become 3rd stringers on other teams.

Put another way, what was once an irritation has now become something that fundamentally impacts cfm in a meaningful, tangible, way--and not for the better.
There was a person on Reddit who did the Sim 10 Seasons option and was still seeing plenty of good QBs in the league, including some of the default guys (Andrew Luck was a 99, Teddy Bridgewater was a 93, Derek Carr was an 84, and Matt Stafford and Russell Wilson remained reasonably-rated QB1s at 91 and 79 respectively). The average of the OVR ratings of all the QBs was a bit above 82.

So while the sim stats may be low, it remains to be seen just how much this is affecting QB progression / regression on the whole. I'm not saying that the stats issue shouldn't be fixed - it should - but based on that one case study the game appears to remain playable, even if the stats produced by the sim engine don't line up with real life right now.

All that said, as primarily a CFM player myself, I'm keeping a watchful eye on this issue myself, just like most everyone else in this thread.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #315
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

OVR: 0

In past versions of Madden, I've noticed that sim stats are a bit different versus me actually playing out my CFM. For instance, just swimming a season the stats were low. But if I played my teams games, stats were much better. I would assume this probably would be similar in this year. Has anyone actually played an entire season with their team and still seen super low stats? I just know that in my Madden 25 CFM I had several QBs throw for 30+, with Aaron Rodgers (who was the MVP) throw for something like 45 TDs and 6 INTs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 01:43 PM   #316
Banned

Did anyone try simming a season with the FGB Rosters? the FGB rosters claim to be more realistic, maybe they are more coherent with simulating than Donny Moore's feeble rosters.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #317
Rookie

silveredge96's Arena

OVR: 4

Any chance that EA will patch this issue?
Old 08-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #318
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
There was a person on Reddit who did the Sim 10 Seasons option and was still seeing plenty of good QBs in the league, including some of the default guys (Andrew Luck was a 99, Teddy Bridgewater was a 93, Derek Carr was an 84, and Matt Stafford and Russell Wilson remained reasonably-rated QB1s at 91 and 79 respectively). The average of the OVR ratings of all the QBs was a bit above 82.

So while the sim stats may be low, it remains to be seen just how much this is affecting QB progression / regression on the whole. I'm not saying that the stats issue shouldn't be fixed - it should - but based on that one case study the game appears to remain playable, even if the stats produced by the sim engine don't line up with real life right now.

All that said, as primarily a CFM player myself, I'm keeping a watchful eye on this issue myself, just like most everyone else in this thread.
Hmm, interesting. If the two aren't as cause-and-effect as initially suspected, then it might be a bit more playable, I'll give you that.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:33 PM   #319
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Hmm, interesting. If the two aren't as cause-and-effect as initially suspected, then it might be a bit more playable, I'll give you that.
It's definitely something that needs to be explored more in depth. I am all for there being some sort of regression/progression it makes the game more life like, but if it is tied into the low stats that is a problem. Most QB's in the real NFL have a 4-6 year window where they play well and then they start to decline (some very rapidly), obviously there are exceptions.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:41 PM   #320
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
The more likely scenario knowing how corporate America works, they knew about but the suits they work for (the one's who set the deadlines) said the game needs to be at the retailers by X date and there was no time to fix it at that point. Josh has already said on twitter he is aware of the problem and they are looking into it.

My only issue with that theory is this isn't the first yr this has been an issue. We've been complaining about this stuff for years. This is just the first time the press has really shined a light on it though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »