Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2014, 05:17 AM   #337
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

I don't understand people complaining about players going to other teams. That stuff happens in real life too. People are shocked to see Philip Rivers or Andrew Luck starting on another team in the game, when Peyton Manning switched teams in real life. Crazier things have happened.

The stats on the other hand have NEVER been this bad. When it's a "passing league" and the Quarterbacks struggle to put even 20 touchdowns up. It's nuts.. The regression is also insane. I can get over players switching teams, but not players regressing so much that they are buried on depth charts. I saw one situation in this thread where Rivers and Roethlisberger were both third string QB's. Bananas.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:34 AM   #338
Banned

The more I read, the more disheartening it becomes. I haven't purchased a Madden since the Peyton Hillis cover and before that Madden 09. I'm giving this game a chance, and I am hoping they fix the CFM issues.

If not, there is always October 7th basketball season!
Old 08-24-2014, 08:05 AM   #339
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Dan Marino (the closest QB to Manning) had a season where he threw 16 TD's once and passed for just under 3800 yards, there was no reason for that but it happened, before then he had never thrown for less than 20 when playing a full season. Manny Sanders has exactly one season with more than 2 TD's, Latimer has never played in the NFL. Neither of them at this point are actual replacements for a guy who had 1288 yards and 11 TD's (Sanders total for his entire career). Welker tore his ACL it happened at the end of the season so he didn't miss any games but it still happened, he also battled concussions last year.
I'm starting to think you have no idea what you are talking about. 4000 yards to lead the league in passing for Manning? It looks as if 24 TD passes leads the league. Those are ridiculously low simmed numbers and there is a 0.1% chance of that happening this year. Comparing Marino's stats to the current NFL is equally ridiculous.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:37 AM   #340
Rookie

OVR: 1

Anyone else remember for like Madden 12 or 13, the developers said they were going to overhaul the sim engine for next gen, saying it would be too difficult to fix it (then) because they'd have to build a new engine from the ground up rather than port it over every year like they have been?..... Well, it's next gen now and they're still porting. They know this stuff is broken but until they get competition, they'll continue to tell us whatever they want and aren't held accountable.

EA is not getting another dime from me. These guys are crooks and liars
Old 08-24-2014, 09:42 AM   #341
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

OVR: 7

Sigh.....

They really need to sort there sh*t and get this fixed since sim stats play a huge role on progression and regression in CFM. What's the bet the Passing gets fixed then rushing gets screwed up or receiving yards get screwed up or one of the favourites all MLBs get 200 plus tackles and anyone else on defense can't get more than 80.

This sim engine has been broken for years they need to overhaul it and bring a new system in. Ridiculous this is still an issue after so many cycles of madden
NRL:New Zealand Warriors

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 09:47 AM   #342
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch3d
The sim stats sucks, yeah. But I doubt that's what is causing such regression on QB's and moreso the CPU not being able to recover from this in Game Prep accordingly.

It's a much bigger hit than anyone else. By far.
The first thing I notice there is a glitch in the confidence system itself. Stafford gets -3 for throwing two picks and then -10 on top of that for throwing three picks which is kind of redundant. Minus three obviously isn't that great of a difference but if that happens for things like sacks and picks consistently over the course of a season it could be the reason why things could start to go bad. There's also nothing to counterbalance anything outside of the game prep as well although it might be there and he just didn't throw any touchdowns that week.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #343
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFenoli
Is there a way to alter coach settings? Where they run the ball less? Because you've got Rushing yards too high, passing too low... Just makes sense if you can do that.
Unless it has changed from last year, the only way (theoretically) to do this would be to do a 32-team dynasty and create the coaches from scratch (which would set their XP to 0). I really wish that we could edit the coach profiles from the main page and have it tied into the roster being used (a la NCAA). Run/Pass ratio (offensive and defensive) plus the aggression makes a HUGE difference in how the sim engine works (and can be used to enhance played games). But until we can actually edit the coaches, it is going to be a laborious chore to use this.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:05 PM   #344
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
The first thing I notice there is a glitch in the confidence system itself. Stafford gets -3 for throwing two picks and then -10 on top of that for throwing three picks which is kind of redundant. Minus three obviously isn't that great of a difference but if that happens for things like sacks and picks consistently over the course of a season it could be the reason why things could start to go bad. There's also nothing to counterbalance anything outside of the game prep as well although it might be there and he just didn't throw any touchdowns that week.
It's not redundant at all he continues to have bad games, the longer you are on a bad streak the more it hurts your confidence. If he threw 3 TD's and 0 INT's and his team won that would be the counterbalance. If he starts to have multiple good games in a row his confidence will be +3 and +10 and so on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »